The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
20 min into this ep its easy to see why this was cancelleccancelled. Its just way too out there for most :heh:

Edit. The way they shot that lesbo scene was so dope

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's a travesty this won't be nominated for an Emmy when at the very least the cinematography is clearly shytting on everything else on TV.

Fred.

it's shytting on everything in movies too. i bet this show makes lubezki blush

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Vice and last week with john oliver alone is better than 99% of other networks. Vice is emmy award winning And Oliver has had a lot of real life impact.

http://time.com/3674807/john-oliver-net-neutrality-civil-forfeiture-miss-america/

Most networks would love to have true detective. Its one of the highest rated shows on the premium networks and emmy nominated.

I'm talking about scripted dramas.

I'm a big fan of "TD" but to put it into perspective HBO passed on "Breaking Bad" which completely destroyed "TD" during award season last year. It never had to be "either/or", HBO could've had both.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The problem was every season is getting lower ratings than the last. Its consistently losing viewers as it goes on. And it already had low ratings to start with.

Most people arent interested in the direction the show has headed in. Its a night and day difference to the first episode to what it is now.

Nah, the ratings up until the 3rd season averaged around 2.5 mill. Which is terrible for a network show but good for a cable drama. I have no idea whose idea it was to schedule it across from the NBA Finals this season but it was suicidal.

As far as your last sentence....I agree but season 3 is the first time Bryan Fuller said his vision of the show was realized. He didn't want to do all that procedural "serial killer of the week" shyt, but it was on NBC. Which makes me curious why the hell NBC ever picked up the show to begin with. Fuller has a long history of weird ass fringe shows, they should've known what they were signing on for.

Fred.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Good ep this week ruined by an awful ending...

Will took a saw blade to his cranium and they cut to some artsy bullshyt...Welcome to Muskrat farm...:what:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah, the ratings up until the 3rd season averaged around 2.5 mill. Which is terrible for a network show but good for a cable drama. I have no idea whose idea it was to schedule it across from the NBA Finals this season but it was suicidal.

As far as your last sentence....I agree but season 3 is the first time Bryan Fuller said his vision of the show was realized. He didn't want to do all that procedural "serial killer of the week" shyt, but it was on NBC. Which makes me curious why the hell NBC ever picked up the show to begin with. Fuller has a long history of weird ass fringe shows, they should've known what they were signing on for.

Fred.
Kind of strange but the first half of season 1 reminds me of the beginning of aqua teen hunger force,hear me out :whoa: The creators of aqua teen hunger force started the show and had the characters as some kind of detective agency,because they had to appease the network heads that the show was about something. They dropped the gimmick like 5 episodes in :heh: The first half of s1 of Hannibal reminds of that because it felt they were like heres your procedural serial drama you wanted NBC :troll: then quickly dropped it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kind of strange but the first half of season 1 reminds me of the beginning of aqua teen hunger force,hear me out :whoa: The creators of aqua teen hunger force started the show and had the characters as some kind of detective agency,because they had to appease the network heads that the show was about something. They dropped the gimmick like 5 episodes in :heh: The first half of s1 of Hannibal reminds of that because it felt they were like heres your procedural serial drama you wanted NBC :troll: then quickly dropped it.

:ohhh:

It fits so much it's almost weird.

Fred.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
its been banished to Saturdays:francis:

NBC likes Aquarius enough to commit to a second season — but not enough to have the low-rated drama bring down its Thursday primetime block. The network is moving Aquarius and its equally-challenged neighbor, Hannibal, to Saturday nights.

Effective immediately, the rest of the drama's respective seasons will air at 9 an 10 p.m. on Saturday nights, with a two-hour block of Dateline Thursday Mysteries airing in their place on the more competitive night.

The news comes just a few weeks after Aquarius earned a second season — NBC touting strong streaming numbers for its
initial non-linear release — and Hannibal getting canceled. The drama's current third season will be its last on the network, and creator Bryan Fuller has been open about the fact that he's yet to secure a new home for his critical darling.

"It’s no secret that the way people watch television is evolving, so we took a unique approach to how we delivered Aquarius and it’s driven some record numbers for NBC Digital and helped us reach viewers who might have otherwise overlooked a great summer drama,” NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said of Aquarius at the time of its renewal.

No streaming stats have been release for the show, but it and Hannibal have languished in their live-plus-same day showings.

:francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
its been banished to Saturdays:francis:

NBC likes Aquarius enough to commit to a second season — but not enough to have the low-rated drama bring down its Thursday primetime block. The network is moving Aquarius and its equally-challenged neighbor, Hannibal, to Saturday nights.

Effective immediately, the rest of the drama's respective seasons will air at 9 an 10 p.m. on Saturday nights, with a two-hour block of Dateline Thursday Mysteries airing in their place on the more competitive night.

The news comes just a few weeks after Aquarius earned a second season — NBC touting strong streaming numbers for its
initial non-linear release — and Hannibal getting canceled. The drama's current third season will be its last on the network, and creator Bryan Fuller has been open about the fact that he's yet to secure a new home for his critical darling.

"It’s no secret that the way people watch television is evolving, so we took a unique approach to how we delivered Aquarius and it’s driven some record numbers for NBC Digital and helped us reach viewers who might have otherwise overlooked a great summer drama,” NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said of Aquarius at the time of its renewal.

No streaming stats have been release for the show, but it and Hannibal have languished in their live-plus-same day showings.

:francis:

Doesn't even matter at this point, the sole reason NBC is running out the remaining eps is because they have nothing else as cost effective as "Hannibal".

Side note, Kickstarter actually approached Martha Delaurentiis (who owns Hannibal and all the related characters) and said they'll start a campaign as soon as she gives the word. The problem apparently isn't money, it's what model they'd use going forward. Every actor on the show is willing to do more but they have to juggle everyone's schedule, including Bryan Fuller.

I have no idea if it'll continue as a series but at the very least they said they'd do a few movies.

Fred.