The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

18 months gives a channel like AMC the opportunity to let some of their trash shows run their course and then follow up with a new set of shows spearheaded by a proven commodity like Hannibal. If the director and actors are on board, I don't get why networks would lack the foresight or patience to bring a critically acclaimed show into the fold. Especially considering how budget friendly Hannibal is reported to be.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
18 months gives a channel like AMC the opportunity to let some of their trash shows run their course and then follow up with a new set of shows spearheaded by a proven commodity like Hannibal. If the director and actors are on board, I don't get why networks would lack the foresight or patience to bring a critically acclaimed show into the fold. Especially considering how budget friendly Hannibal is reported to be.

First off shout out to Pod the gawd.

Secondly, everyone is on board but the problem is getting them on board at the same time. 18 months is an estimate, it could be longer or shorter.

I don't think people are seeing the bigger picture that no matter when it's available, it would be an asset. That's why I respect the UK, time is no object. The UK version of "Sherlock" exists like this perpetually, and it's not a big deal to anyone involved. They might say "ok, it's 2015, let's try to do another season in 2017" and nobody bats an eye.

If AMC (or whoever) was smart they'd lock everyone down with contracts. Let's say, 2017. So everyone involved knows for a few months they need to set time aside.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
First off shout out to Pod the gawd.

Secondly, everyone is on board but the problem is getting them on board at the same time. 18 months is an estimate, it could be longer or shorter.

I don't think people are seeing the bigger picture that no matter when it's available, it would be an asset. That's why I respect the UK, time is no object. The UK version of "Sherlock" exists like this perpetually, and it's not a big deal to anyone involved. They might say "ok, it's 2015, let's try to do another season in 2017" and nobody bats an eye.

If AMC (or whoever) was smart they'd lock everyone down with contracts. Let's say, 2017. So everyone involved knows for a few months they need to set time aside.

Fred.
That's what I'm saying, breh. Besides The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead spinoff, what does AMC have? Cats are watching Halt & Catch Fire like that? Hell on Wheels?:pachaha:Starz would be a good home for the show as well. shyt, I think even IFC would be able to afford it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's what I'm saying, breh. Besides The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead spinoff, what does AMC have? Cats are watching Halt & Catch Fire like that? Hell on Wheels?:pachaha:Starz would be a good home for the show as well. shyt, I think even IFC would be able to afford it

"BCS" was a hit. So they got a series and it's spin off and a former series and it's spin off. :mjlol:

Starz would actually be smart because they already got Fuller locked into a contract with "American Gods".

I don't know breh. I'd like to think there's a bunch of x factors keeping any of this stuff from happening but at face value it just seems like people are stupid.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
"BCS" was a hit. So they got a series and it's spin off and a former series and it's spin off. :mjlol:

Starz would actually be smart because they already got Fuller locked into a contract with "American Gods".

I don't know breh. I'd like to think there's a bunch of x factors keeping any of this stuff from happening but at face value it just seems like people are stupid.

Fred.
I still haven't finished Better Call Saul, completely forgot:mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I still haven't finished Better Call Saul, completely forgot:mjcry:

:manny:

It definitely wasn't for everyone. It was a lot slower paced than "BB". I liked it though. The Mike ep alone was worth the price of admission.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Add me to the list to not finishing bcs and there has to be more to this because who cares when the next season airs. If anything the wait builds up the anticipation. And has this show won any awards? Is this the next wire?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Add me to the list to not finishing bcs and there has to be more to this because who cares when the next season airs. If anything the wait builds up the anticipation. And has this show won any awards? Is this the next wire?

Amazon for one didn't want to commit to a show that potentially wouldn't air for another 18 months. They were geeked to pick it up, when Fuller, etc. told them the time frame they :whoa:

It just won Best Series at the Saturn Awards like 3 days after it was canceled.

Aside from that it hasn't won too many awards....an IGN award here and there, a few from Fangoria in the horror category. Awards don't matter much though, nobody expects genre shows to win major awards. "Game Of Thrones" is one of the biggest shows on the planet and it hasn't won many major awards, either.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Halt and Catch Fire actually isn't that bad this year.

Anyway, I was thinking it would fit best with Starz or Showtime. But your mention of IFC is a good one. That also makes me think it wouldn't be bad on Sundance (home of Les Revenants)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
how many of y'all would pay for something with a terrible track record of earning... and then be told you won't even get the product until MAYBE 18 months from now... so that now it's almost 2 years since the last person saw hannibal, it was shytty ratings when it was on, and now you got to improve on all that 18 months later

it is a hard sell... we all love the show.. that doesn't mean money money money... which is all these execs care about at the end of the day

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
"Margot, You Gotta BLOOM" :merchant:

"and dont let him offer you chocolate "

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

I don't get why people are so afraid to take a year off in this day and age. The Sopranos took a few years off. Game of Thrones could have and still would have maintained ratings if it wanted to wait for the book to catch up. Not that its a guarantee they ever would have. But still

• Dap

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
im tryna dvr this shyt from my phone i dont see it

edit

oh i see

Saturday??

• Dap

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

They're eating off of Walking Dead and soon will be eating off of the spinoff. AMC ain't got much else. So why they're not jumping at Hannibal I don't know why. The just started airing shows on Mondays (Saul) so they're expanding past the weekend primetime slot.

• Dap