The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea but I think they let the critical hype of Season 2 get to them . This was a show whose first two seasons were on Friday night. When most people are not even home. And then they moved it to Thursday primetime

I think it was never going to be a hit on nbc regardless breh but that's me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea but I think they let the critical hype of Season 2 get to them . This was a show whose first two seasons were on Friday night. When most people are not even home. And then they moved it to Thursday primetime

They didn't want to renew it for season 3 in the first place. The only reason they caved is because other places showed interest. Not sure what their line of reasoning is for canceling it now, though.

In hindsight it seems kinda obvious they expected season 3 not to do well, which is why they put it up against the NBA finals.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
More info. It boggles the mind why NBC would cancel a show this critically acclaimed when it's only costing them $185,000 per episode.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/2...4?hootPostID=e753b0b85e1bf449fb252298c56eccf8

Hannibal is dead—at NBC. But what about … someplace else?

Showrunner Bryan Fuller and the show’s studio Gaumont International Television assure “all options” are being explored in the wake of the show’s cancelation earlier today. Gaumont will not specifically confirm, however, that “all options” means what one would naturally assume it means—that the company is shopping Hannibal to other networks and/or streaming companies in hopes of continuing the series. For the time being, the studio will only repeat the phrase “all options are being explored,” though it’s unclear what else that could possibly mean (Broadway musical? Comic book? Cookbook?).

NBC will finish airing the 10-episode third season on Thursday nights. Beyond that, a savior with great taste would presumably have to swoop in to rescue the critically acclaimed thriller. Despite the show’s lavish production values, Hannibal was actually quite a bargain for NBC, especially the current third season. Sources say the first year cost the network a license fee to Gaumont of only $750,000 per episode—which is lower than most network dramas due to the show’s unusual international production arrangement—and that NBC’s rate fell to a mere $185,000 per episode for the current third season.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Honestly, even though this is my favorite current show (ahead of GoT, etc.) I won't be upset as long as we get a complete 3rd season. If they wrap up their version of "Red Dragon" I'll be happy, I DON'T need a rehash of "Silence of the Lambs" at all.

40 Episodes is plenty for a high-quality show.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Honestly, even though this is my favorite current show (ahead of GoT, etc.) I won't be upset as long as we get a complete 3rd season. If they wrap up their version of "Red Dragon" I'll be happy, I DON'T need a rehash of "Silence of the Lambs" at all.

i actually agree with this

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

i actually agree with this

I gotta disagree....just because prior to this show, if you asked me did I want to see another Hannibal....or Will, or Jack....or a rehash of Mason Verger....or a rehash of Freddie Lounds death....or a rehash of Red Dragon....I would've said :what: "fukk no" and I would've been 100% wrong.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Never under estimate the stupidity of executives at movie/tv studios.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
They didn't want to renew it for season 3 in the first place. The only reason they caved is because other places showed interest. Not sure what their line of reasoning is for canceling it now, though.

In hindsight it seems kinda obvious they expected season 3 not to do well, which is why they put it up against the NBA finals.

Fred.
Maybe so but had they kept it on Fridays it would not have gone up against two games of the NBA Finals.

I haven't read anything on what the ratings are for this season though. But it seems to be too odd for most as you admitted after the premiere of the first episode saying it's definitely cancelled

• Dap
Reactions: hex

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I gotta disagree....just because prior to this show, if you asked me did I want to see another Hannibal....or Will, or Jack....or a rehash of Mason Verger....or a rehash of Freddie Lounds death....or a rehash of Red Dragon....I would've said :what: "fukk no" and I would've been 100% wrong.

Fred.
if this were to be on HBO or one of these prime networks we'd be good
i knew after season one this shyt had a ticking clock going off
damn shame too

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe so but had they kept it on Fridays it would not have gone up against two games of the NBA Finals.

I haven't read anything on what the ratings are for this season though. But it seems to be too odd for most as you admitted after the premiere of the first episode saying it's definitely cancelled

I think last week was like 1.7 million. Which is abysmal for NBC but good/great for VOD or any cable network. "Mad Men" put up similar numbers on AMC for 7 seasons.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think last week was like 1.7 million. Which is abysmal for NBC but good/great for VOD or any cable network. "Mad Men" put up similar numbers on AMC for 7 seasons.

Fred.
It would be but you also have to take into account everyone with a cable package has nbc,amc and premium channels are in a fraction of the amount of homes. So that 1.7 million wouldnt translate equally.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Fred.
What other Networks were rumored to be interested?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What other Networks were rumored to be interested?

Uh....I'd have to look it up because it was like a year ago. I think Netflix and Amazon. And a cable network but I'm not sure they said who it was.

I know it was 2-3 different places though. And it wasn't a rumor, Bryan Fuller was like :manny: "they can cancel us if they want, there's interest elsewhere".

Not saying that will save the show now, a lot could've changed since then. But they've been on Twitter all day talking about "we're currently exploring all options".

Fred.