The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
We were lucky to get 3 seasons of this show, it's a shame because the show is amazing, but yea, I expect it to get picked up somewhere else.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm hesitant to sign because I really went it off NBC. They have a habit of canceling good ass shows.

It's already off NBC. The petition is to move it elsewhere.

I signed a couple but I doubt it'll have an impact on anything either way. For example there's several Netflix petitions, which is cool but Amazon/Hulu own the streaming rights. If fans were smart they'd focus on those two.

Then again it's possible no petitions were needed because other places were trying to snatch it up between season 2 and 3.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
agreed. No need to be too ambitious. I'm not trying to see Hannibal grow a beard and become a lumberjack at the end

Hannibal's complete arc is already known, so that's virtually impossible.

The only place the show might stumble is "The Silence Of The Lambs" arc, because Gaumont doesn't have the rights to Clarice Sterling. Then again as of right now there's no season 4, so they're focusing on the immediate future, and will probably continue to pursue the rights to Clarice if/when the show moves.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
WOW, what an episode! It's funny, the TV version of Hannibal is so evil, that Verger almost seems like an anti-hero. You really want Hannibal to get what's coming to him. Much better than the movie version of "Hannibal," where Lecter was basically a superhero.

So many great moments this episode. I couldn't believe it when Jack opened the card from Hannibal.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
WOW, what an episode! It's funny, the TV version of Hannibal is so evil, that Verger almost seems like an anti-hero. You really want Hannibal to get what's coming to him. Much better than the movie version of "Hannibal," where Lecter was basically a superhero.

So many great moments this episode. I couldn't believe it when Jack opened the card from Hannibal.

I wish he would've read the entire note.

Side note: The Yellow King!

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Figured out what the note said. It's a reference to "Silence Of The Lambs". Hannibal sent a poem by John Donne to Jack Crawford after Bella died:
"O wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it?"

I'm so sorry about Bella, Jack.

-Hannibal Lecter

Also "Hannibal" just won best network series at the Saturn Awards.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think dude is a druggie or something.

Anyway, the new guy played the role perfectly.

Dope ass ep. I'm legit hot as hell this got canceled while wack ass shyt like "Heroes" actually gets brought back. :beli:

Fred.

tv is reaching the same point as hollywood..the average person is a moron and wants reboots and shyt.

good ep. new verger is great. and i love watching fishburne on screen. i'm glad just about everyone from the s2 finale is alive..but it also feels very Marvel-ish to bring em all back.

ima need a full ep of hannibal after he was limited the last 2 eps. that brawl with him and jack in the preview :wow:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
WOW, what an episode! It's funny, the TV version of Hannibal is so evil, that Verger almost seems like an anti-hero.

:whoa: Don't know if I will go that far. This is still the same guy who wrecked his sister and forced her to get an abortion and literally drunk the tears of little children :damn:.

Props to new dude who took over the role, I thought he did a solid job. Those scenes where they were reconstructing his face :scusthov:. Good thing I always remember never to eat while watching this show.

It was good to have Chilton back, because he provided some much needed comedy last season. When Alana said she is starting to see things differently now and he said Hallelujah :lawd:, I laughed. Dr. out here trying to recruit everybody to go after Hannibal.

Good to see Jack finally let his wife go. I can understand why he was so reluctant, Gina Torres is fine as hell. Been feeling her since Firefly.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
What a dope episode....this show really has no weak episodes....the scene where chilton got shot and you saw the bullet travel through his head....:wow:

Verger getting operated on :wow:

Hannibal sending Jack that letter :wow:

Dead at bloom getting that wake up call after getting thrown thru the window. Can't wait to see how she/they plan on getting Hannibal. I'm fully expecting will to fukk it all up.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i'm glad just about everyone from the s2 finale is alive..but it also feels very Marvel-ish to bring em all back.

I was so geeked off the season 2 finale I thought everyone except Will was probably dead.

But Will, Jack and Alana (Alan in the novels) are all alive after "Silence Of The Lambs", and during "The Red Dragon".

So it's not as random as it seems.

Fred.