The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
It’s been a long time since I seen it so i might change my mind. There’s a recency bias. I didn’t like the first Cap. Winter Soldier was piff. Civil War kicked off the Marvel winning streak that finished with Endgame. Only issue with Civil War is that it was more of an Avengers movie than Cap movie. Not really a bad thing. Lemme watch it again. I might talk myself back.
I feel you. Winter Soldier is still in my top 3 MCU movies and Civil War brought in Black Panther so for me, even with the first Cap movie being just passable, I can’t put another trilogy above it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It’s been a long time since I seen it so i might change my mind. There’s a recency bias. I didn’t like the first Cap. Winter Soldier was piff. Civil War kicked off the Marvel winning streak that finished with Endgame. Only issue with Civil War is that it was more of an Avengers movie than Cap movie. Not really a bad thing. Lemme watch it again. I might talk myself back.
The first movie was alright, but i feel like the sequels actually enhances it after the fact. Once you pick up on all the tiny references that you know will later come back. If you watch it again you might like it more. but yeah its still the weakest in the trilogy. but imo opinion still a decent film.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Now I wanna see D&D.
Yeah it’s really solid. Didn’t find it better than Vol. 3 but it definitely exceeded my expectations prior to walking in. The Covenant is another recent flick to have a similar effect on me.

I favor this trilogy out of the rest because of the way it hits those emotional beats all the while tackling the cosmic realm, a realm that didn’t really get its spotlight in the MCU before these guys showed up.

But one of the most impressive things about Civil War to me was that while it featured a roster of Avengers, it still managed to focus on Cap’s character all the way through. It was still his film at the core. I see why people herald it as the best trilogy, but I’m just a sucker for GOTG’s world more.

Vol. 2 was a step-down from the first but nothing to the point where I felt I wasted time watching it…I still liked it. Also thought Baby Groot was one of the most shameless cash cow attempts at the time. :mjlol: Flick has one of my favorite Rocket scenes in it though:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The power went out at my showing for about 15/20 minutes due to a sudden bad storm that rolled around.

344808692-534328055353313-7243390674130941831-n.jpg

I got the audience to pop at one point by blurting out, "People are right...Marvel really is getting lazy. They're just showing us blank screens now. :skip:"
Imagine if no one laughed, this would be you:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nothing is beating caps trilogy because of Winter Soldier :mjlol:

Guardians is the closest IMO. Part 2 was kinda meh, but it covered a lot of Peter's backstory, which was kinda needed. They really touched on every member's backstory in Guardians, except for Draxx (but he still explains it in Vol. 1)
Fixed

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Although I did like this movie, I thought they tried to cram too many jokes in it. I gotta say, this film (as well as marvel's other recent films) made me really appreciate the serious tone of Black Panther 2. While there were things about BP2 I didn't care for, it was refreshing to see a marvel movie that didn't throw in a cluster of jokes every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Although I did like this movie, I thought they tried to cram too many jokes in it. I gotta say, this film (as well as marvel's other recent films) made me really appreciate the serious tone of Black Panther 2. While there were things about BP2 I didn't care for, it was refreshing to see a marvel movie didn't didn't throw in a cluster of jokes every 5 minutes.

Problem is, the actual plot to BP2 was horrendous. They killed the fukking Queen of Wakanda and were allowed to live. They even said they'd be willing to join forces. Really dumb.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Problem is, the actual plot to BP2 was horrendous. They killed the fukking Queen of Wakanda and were allowed to live. They even said they'd be willing to join forces. Really dumb.
Hey, I said there were things I really didn't like about it. :hubie:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Although I did like this movie, I thought they tried to cram too many jokes in it. I gotta say, this film (as well as marvel's other recent films) made me really appreciate the serious tone of Black Panther 2. While there were things about BP2 I didn't care for, it was refreshing to see a marvel movie that didn't throw in a cluster of jokes every 5 minutes.
THIS. Also why I love Winter Soldier so much.