The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Although I did like this movie, I thought they tried to cram too many jokes in it. I gotta say, this film (as well as marvel's other recent films) made me really appreciate the serious tone of Black Panther 2. While there were things about BP2 I didn't care for, it was refreshing to see a marvel movie that didn't throw in a cluster of jokes every 5 minutes.
What is the problem with jokes?

Damn

:mjlol:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I just got out. Movie was good. Better than ant man which was decent. This was like a B+. That was like a C+.

Higher Evolutionary killed it. Tho I must admit I’ve forgotten so much since the second movie.

I was :dwillhuh: when they had cosmo, and Peter and mantis were siblings.

Forgot the Gamora was a different (took place in endgame but still) version

Probably need to do a rewatch

Last edited:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
I took my time seeing this because I knew it would suck.. definitely suprised me, actually laughed at loud a few times during the movie, the best gotg to me .. where is this going as far as the whole kang saga tho

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Saw it Saturday and loved it.

I haven't been to an actual theater in awhile. Im glad I went. I had waited for Quantamanium to hit Disney +.

The Guardians of the Galaxy movies speak a lot to James Gunn's talent. If Iron man is consider B level in the comics then Guardians of the Galaxy doesnt even rank. Here a not widely known director turned it into one the most accessible and bankable franchises. None of this should have worked.

A major reason why is that not only Did Gunn direct it, he wrote it. The man has a pretty exceptional ability to walk that delicate line between humor and heart possibly better than any other writer or director in the MCU.

I think it should be noted he was able to do it without killing any of the main cast. That would have been a way easier move to get a emotion reaction out of the audience. Instead through stellar writing, Gunn was able to make a bittersweet farewell just as poignant.

Understandable why Disney popped shyt and apologized after that whole Twitter woke hysteria over old jokes. With Marvel in a slump, i'm sure Disney Is glad it did. Marvel really needed a win.

Definitely one of the best productions of not only this phase but in the MCU as a whole.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The Guardians of the Galaxy movies speak a lot to James Gunn's talent. If Iron man is consider B level in the comics then Guardians of the Galaxy doesnt even rank. Here a not widely known director turned it into one the most accessible and bankable franchises. Not of this should have worked.
Before this series the GoTG was on "Skull Kill Krew" or not even "Shiar empire" status.