The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Funny you bring this up because i didn't think it was unusual for Star Lords to feel that way aboot Gam... he was really in love wiht her and i understand.

But holy shiit wow my man. That's beautiful. I'm really fukkin' happy for you - you rekindled shiit with your ex. Im'a DM you in a bit.

But reason why i empathize for Quills... cuz damn... broke it off with my ex back in Octubre and i've been bumping 6,8,12 by Mcknights and always staring at my phone, hoping/wishing she'll come back.

Man i swear if i got a real second chance (cuz technicially its the third, but the last time she made it too easy and i took it for granted, and it was really brief... this time... i'm hurting for real and still, for over half a year). She blocked me after that massive text argument (and no, alcohol is your enemy!).

Swear these R&B joints i used to listen to as an adolescent... hit way different as an adult (i don't do dating apps, social media or work in a place where there's women... so this is a woman that i approached out and about and we fell in love organically/it was real... until my insecurities kicked in and ended our romance).

At the end of the movie when i saw quill chillin' with his pops... i felt his pain.

Men, we hurt different.

I hope she's doing okay... even if she found another.

:mjcry:just work on yourself, breh. She won't wanna get back with a weak one. They still want a strong man and to be taken care of. Just do you and get better. Whatever comes comes. You can't force it. If anything you'll eventually find another and she'll be a memory. A couple decades later you'll find a photo and realize you haven't thought of her in years. Just keep improving yourself and make yourself interesting.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Good movie. Dude next to me was crying like a stone cold hoe. I'm glad he kept his elbows tucked in his lap instead of trying to share the armrest with me after that pitiful display.

That dancing in the very end almost made me armbar the silver screen. Cuh cuh cuh, Corrrrrrnyyyyyy!

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
By the way, the whole Guardians trilogy is top notch. Best MCU Trilogy, 2nd best comic book trilogy next to Nolan Batman.

I prefer Gunn's MCU work over his DC work. I think in the MCU, he's got someone reining him in a little bit. His DC stuff is over the top. Still enjoyable but all his characters were a little bit too much and speak too much in Gunn's voice. It's like they have similar personalities with the same wit. There's not as much diversity in it.

Gunn will make a great DC universe but I can see it going off the rails if he doesn't figure out how to balance out his humor and writing.
Better than captain trilogy:lupe:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Better than captain trilogy:lupe:
nothing is beating caps trilogy because of civil war :mjlol:

Guardians is the closest IMO. Part 2 was kinda meh, but it covered a lot of Peter's backstory, which was kinda needed. They really touched on every member's backstory in Guardians, except for Draxx (but he still explains it in Vol. 1)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's OK to be depressed but he was talking to her about shyt she never experienced. It's not the same, his longing was fine but uh to act like alternative version of Gamora owed him something was not right.

I think yall are ignoring the fact he knew he would act weird around her. Which is why he was upset Nebula had her pop up on them. So its not as if he doesnt have the awareness to know he cant be normal around her:heh:

And I wouldnt say he was being a bad person to the guardians either. Probably just not happy and seperated himself.

And knowing that hes the glue,and the funny guy and emotional leader. They mostly just wanted the real Quill back. Say what you will,but people are acting like the love of his life didnt really die,because another version of her came back. But then are upset he treats the new version like shes the old version.

Some people arent the same after losing a loved one. I think hes not getting sympathy because fake Gamora is still around. And i think most assumed they would just get back together. I like the movie didnt actually do that. And showed she actually did have a family who loved her with the Ravers. And Quill was just projecting what he knew about the old Gamora,thinking he needed to save her

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nothing is beating caps trilogy because of civil war :mjlol:

Guardians is the closest IMO. Part 2 was kinda meh, but it covered a lot of Peter's backstory, which was kinda needed. They really touched on every member's backstory in Guardians, except for Draxx (but he still explains it in Vol. 1)

Yeah,2 being meh hurts it.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glad they didnt do Gamora-falls-in-love-with-Quill again.
Even more glad they didnt show Gamora a ten minute highlight reel and say she's in love with Quill again.

They definitely teased it too,when they had her going through his things:mjlol:

It was important they showed her happy with her new family in the end. Because as a viewer,I honestly was projecting like Quill. Assuming she was miserable with the Ravers and would rather be a Guardian,if only she spent some time with them:mjcry:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Yeah I’m putting Cap over this all day every day.
It’s been a long time since I seen it so i might change my mind. There’s a recency bias. I didn’t like the first Cap. Winter Soldier was piff. Civil War kicked off the Marvel winning streak that finished with Endgame. Only issue with Civil War is that it was more of an Avengers movie than Cap movie. Not really a bad thing. Lemme watch it again. I might talk myself back.