49ers..Braves..Celtics
The dog days are over brehs :mjcry:

brielarsongif.gif

lee-corso-not-so-fast.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why the fukk was Peter so fukking entitled to Gamora falling in love with him... Dude... Why don't you try to actually work on rekindling your love instead of being a whole ass bytch. Comes off as cringe and fukking creepy.
He doesn't deal with loss very well. It's been his thing, which is why they gave that trait some sort of resolution

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
People shytting on Quill about Gamora. Call me what you want but if you've ever been so deep in love with a girl and experienced the pain of losing them, you might understand. I was in looooove with a girl and when she broke it off, it was doom for me for a good year. We eventually got back together and we're now married with kids. But I remember vividly after we were split and seeing her around how it pulled me back into the abyss. The feeling of longing.

Maybe some of you don't get it and will shyt on him and on me for being a simp but that's how I felt. I think things were much more intense when we were younger. Before Internet gave us a million options where we can just find "love" at a swipe and we can message a million nameless girls in a single night.

Last edited:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
People shytting on Quill about Gamora. Call me what you want but if you've ever been so deep in love with a girl and experienced the pain of losing them, you might understand. I was in a looooove with a girl and when she broke it off, it was doom for me for a good year. We eventually got back together and we're now married with kids. But I remember vividly after we were split and seeing her around how it pulled me back into the abyss. The feeling of longing.

Maybe some of you don't get it and will shyt on him and on me for being a simp but that's how I felt. I think things were much more intense when we were younger. Before Internet gave us a million options where we can just find "love" at a swipe and we can message a million nameless girls in a single night.
Breh. Get off your soap box. You’re not the first man to be down about a woman he lost. I don’t even understand why you’re trying to compare your situation to this fictional one.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People shytting on Quill about Gamora. Call me what you want but if you've ever been so deep in love with a girl and experienced the pain of losing them, you might understand. I was in a looooove with a girl and when she broke it off, it was doom for me for a good year. We eventually got back together and we're now married with kids. But I remember vividly after we were split and seeing her around how it pulled me back into the abyss. The feeling of longing.

It's OK to be depressed but he was talking to her about shyt she never experienced. It's not the same, his longing was fine but uh to act like alternative version of Gamora owed him something was not right.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It's OK to be depressed but he was talking to her about shyt she never experienced. It's not the same, his longing was fine but uh to act like alternative version of Gamora owed him something was not right.
I mean imagine you lost your lost your girl/wife. And then out of the blue an exact copy of her shows up. It would be real mindfukk.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Breh. Get off your soap box. You’re not the first man to be down about a woman he lost. I don’t even understand why you’re trying to compare your situation to this fictional one.
Just sayin'. His reaction was a little over the top for comedic effect but it's not too far off. I would 100% be stealing looks and act funny around the exact replica of my deceased significant other.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
By the way, the whole Guardians trilogy is top notch. Best MCU Trilogy, 2nd best comic book trilogy next to Nolan Batman.

I prefer Gunn's MCU work over his DC work. I think in the MCU, he's got someone reining him in a little bit. His DC stuff is over the top. Still enjoyable but all his characters were a little bit too much and speak too much in Gunn's voice. It's like they have similar personalities with the same wit. There's not as much diversity in it.

Gunn will make a great DC universe but I can see it going off the rails if he doesn't figure out how to balance out his humor and writing.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I mean imagine you lost your lost your girl/wife. And then out of the blue an exact copy of her shows up. It would be real mindfukk.
I guess he could act like that in End Game but it has now been years. He has had time to process the reality of the situation. They are not the same person despite appearances.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally caught this this morning. I wasn't looking forward to it really, but I ended up REALLY enjoying it. Gunn did a much better job if balancing plot, action, and getting across that the team is a dysfunctional found family than in the second one.

"Get in the fukking car," is some employee just fukking around on their last day, and their employer just letting it happen shyt if there ever was any. Was random as hell, and added nothing to the movie, aside from the amusement I got out of the family that sat further down the row from me being caught off guard. :mjlol:

Soundtrack was also flames. Easily the best since the first one, but Russell Wilson has ruined "We Care A Lot" for me. Definitely assumed he was about to pop up for a gratuitous cameo as soon as it started playing. :dead:

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
7/10
The first fifteen to twenty minutes starts out strong then for the next hour or so the movie melts Into a run of the mill marvel movie.

Most of The humor in this is absolutely awful. I couldn't believe this was written by James Gunn. Gunn is usually good when it comes the humor but in GoTG3 it seems as if he put no effort into most of the humor.It is as if he was trying to hit a humor quota. "My poop was in the shape of a fish, my butt is also capable of making an analogy" I shorten the joke and paraphrase it a bit but This is an actual joke in the movie. Most of the humor feels forced. This is sequel humor. Sequels to sucessful comedies tend to have a hard time recreating the charm and humor of the first one so they fill the sequel with low brow and crass humor. For example,In the Hangover 2 one of the character was fukked by a transgender woman in Thailand. This was an attempt to create a laugh out moment .Thankfully,No one in GotG3 get fukked by a transgender woman but you feel the same level of desperation in GOTG3 humor to elicit a laugh from the audience .

Once the movie get past the first hour or so and when we get to the last third of film,the counter earth portion of the film, that's when the film get good again.The action is good. The humor is better in this portion of the film.The villain is good.it feels as if Gunn was only interested in making the last third of the film and the first twenty minutes.

Adam Warlock character is simply a Macguffin and Deus ex Machina. He is simply there to initiate the events of the film(attacking Rocket and hurting him bad which leads to everything happening in this film) and there to resolve hopeless situations(saving Gomorrah from the mutated humanoid pig, saving Peter from freezing to death in space.) He has no other purpose in this film.

Overall solid film. The last half and the darker tone of this film is what save this from mediocrity. Nathan Fillion was also good.

The Dungeons and dragon film is a better Guardians of the galaxy film than GOTG3. Disney and Marvel need to hire those guys asap. Even The Guardians of the galaxy video game is better than GOTG3
Wakanda Forever had a higher RT score and was only 1% lower in the audience score… and it made more money than this, but because it dropped in Phase 4 and Boseman died and they didn’t recast, this movie is getting more praise :snoop:
Why are you surprised that Wakanda is getting dismissed and ignored. The first Black Panther was also dismissed and ignored despite having a rt of 96%. Shang Chi has a Rt of 91% and the movie get completely ignored and dismissed. Black widow has a rt of 79%, which is not that much lower than GOTG3, and that movie get completely dismissed and ignored. :mjpls:

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Why the fukk was Peter so fukking entitled to Gamora falling in love with him... Dude... Why don't you try to actually work on rekindling your love instead of being a whole ass bytch. Comes off as cringe and fukking creepy.
It fit the overarching theme of the movie which is accepting people for who they are and stop trying to make people into something they are not. Nebula had a hard time accepting drax and mantis. High Evolutionary had a hard time accepting the way things were. Peter had a hard time accepting Gomorra.

Last edited:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
People shytting on Quill about Gamora. Call me what you want but if you've ever been so deep in love with a girl and experienced the pain of losing them, you might understand. I was in looooove with a girl and when she broke it off, it was doom for me for a good year. We eventually got back together and we're now married with kids. But I remember vividly after we were split and seeing her around how it pulled me back into the abyss. The feeling of longing.

Funny you bring this up because i didn't think it was unusual for Star Lords to feel that way aboot Gam... he was really in love wiht her and i understand.

But holy shiit wow my man. That's beautiful. I'm really fukkin' happy for you - you rekindled shiit with your ex. Im'a DM you in a bit.

But reason why i empathize for Quills... cuz damn... broke it off with my ex back in Octubre and i've been bumping 6,8,12 by Mcknights and always staring at my phone, hoping/wishing she'll come back.

Man i swear if i got a real second chance (cuz technicially its the third, but the last time she made it too easy and i took it for granted, and it was really brief... this time... i'm hurting for real and still, for over half a year). She blocked me after that massive text argument (and no, alcohol is your enemy!).

Swear these R&B joints i used to listen to as an adolescent... hit way different as an adult (i don't do dating apps, social media or work in a place where there's women... so this is a woman that i approached out and about and we fell in love organically/it was real... until my insecurities kicked in and ended our romance).

At the end of the movie when i saw quill chillin' with his pops... i felt his pain.

Men, we hurt different.

I hope she's doing okay... even if she found another.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
7/10
The first fifteen to twenty minutes starts out strong then for the next hour or so the movie melts Into a run of the mill marvel movie.

Most of The humor in this is absolutely awful. I couldn't believe this was written by James Gunn. Gunn is usually good when it comes the humor but in GoTG3 it seems as if he put no effort into most of the humor.It is as if he was trying to hit a humor quota. "My poop was in the shape of a fish, my butt is also capable of making an analogy" I shorten the joke and paraphrase it a bit but This is an actual joke in the movie. Most of the humor feels forced. This is sequel humor. Sequels to sucessful comedies tend to have a hard time recreating the charm and humor of the first one so they fill the sequel with low brow and crass humor. For example,In the Hangover 2 one of the character was fukked by a transgender woman in Thailand. This was an attempt to create a laugh out moment .Thankfully,No one in GotG3 get fukked by a transgender woman but you feel the same level of desperation in GOTG3 humor to elicit a laugh from the audience .

Once the movie get past the first hour or so and when we get to the last third of film,the counter earth portion of the film, that's when the film get good again.The action is good. The humor is better in this portion of the film.The villain is good.it feels as if Gunn was only interested in making the last third of the film and the first twenty minutes.

Adam Warlock character is simply a Macguffin and Deus ex Machina. He is simply there to initiate the events of the film(attacking Rocket and hurting him bad which leads to everything happening in this film) and there to resolve hopeless situations(saving Gomorrah from the mutated humanoid pig, saving Peter from freezing to death in space.) He has no other purpose in this film.

Overall solid film. The last half and the darker tone of this film is what save this from mediocrity. Nathan Fillion was also good.

The Dungeons and dragon film is a better Guardians of the galaxy film than GOTG3. Disney and Marvel need to hire those guys asap. Even The Guardians of the galaxy video game is better than GOTG3

Why are you surprised that Wakanda is getting dismissed and ignored. The first Black Panther was also dismissed and ignored despite having a rt of 96%. Shang Chi has a Rt of 91% and the movie get completely ignored and dismissed. Black widow has a rt of 79%, which is not that much lower than GOTG3, and that movie get completely dismissed and ignored. :mjpls:
Now I wanna see D&D.