The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Used to watch this dude’s reviews back in the day and then around the time Trump came into the picture his content slowly changed.

Dude was bytching and moaning about “The Last Of Us.” And now he’s gone viral for this…damn shame..

I used to watch Tyrone, but then the Captain Marvel movie came out along with him being a big fan of the Snyderverse; he fell down the rabbit hole for sure.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Used to watch this dude’s reviews back in the day and then around the time Trump came into the picture his content slowly changed.

Dude was bytching and moaning about “The Last Of Us.” And now he’s gone viral for this…damn shame..

He's the 45 year old son living with his momma Peter was making fun of in the post-credits scene. One of the movie's main themes in accepting those for who they are went over his head.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
first things first

they need to retire these two fukking songs from movies, tv, commercials, trailers, etc period

why are there 2 chris pratt movies currently in theaters with no sleep till motherfukking brooklyn in them...but at least one of them made some sense

beyond that, overall i thought it was cool. (my first GotG flick, so as a stand alone, i rock with it)
why won't they kill anybody in these marvel films, beyond Iron man?

I think Quill dying would've been better...but they had to Last Jedi leia is ass. :stopitslime:

ain't gonna lie, when rocket was in heaven I was a little :mjcry:

Groot saying I love you had me :dead:, cause from what I understand he don't really say shyt, right?

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
In terms of overall trilogies, I tend to think this was a solid one; all three movies were good. Overall this movie was basically a one big goodbye to some folks as Guardians of the Galaxy in a sense help kickstart the Thanos arc... even though Guardians were suppose to be a throwaway. It help launched Pratt, Bautista into Hollywood stardom.

I would give this 8/10.

Guardians 2 is a bunch of nonsense.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This one pulls off the jokes better than any other MCU franchise. Music was great as always, overall solid end to the trilogy.

Didn’t expect to see what I did at the end of the last after credit scene though. Will be interesting to see how they pull that off

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
At the core of Guardians 2 it was about the Father/Son relationship, along with major theme of finding Family with people not related by blood.

That's why Father and Son was chosen as one of the tracks.

Probably one of the worst in the MCU to me, down there with Iron Man 3 and Captain Marvel .

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This was the best Marvel movie since Endgame. The emotional heartfelt scenes in the movie are like nothing we've seen in the MCU since Infinity War. It's super dark at times but it also has a lot of the comedy that you would expect from a GOTG movie. It's really the best of both worlds and as we've seen in previous movies or in the show Peacemaker, James Gunn is just really good at character development and also at knowing when to do comedy and when to hit an emotional heartbeat. The other Marvel directors often lean too much into the comedy to the point where it's jarring when they try to do something serious. James Gunn allows the darker scenes to breathe. Rocket is the star of the show here.

Also, the aesthetic was good. There's a lot of CGI of course but the CGI was actually pretty well done here and felt completed.

This was better than GOTG Vol. 2 for sure. I give it a strong 8/10.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
this will make me seem like a hater (nahhhh, me?) and i don't know the consensus on this part, but
hearing Vin Diesel fukkin say, "i love you all" is one of the 3 worst things in the history of the mcu. i think the intent was to let us hear what they hear just 1 time, but man did i fukkin hate it

I loved it but I would have loved it even more if he just said "FAMILY."