The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
great villain performance here too - and he didnt need some teasers to build up over other movies. Gunn really took a lot of plot (and a whole gang of characters) and made it work. Its pretty impressive how he crafted a strong villain and still managed to let the whole Guardians crew shine, and he didnt have to rely on being overly Quill heavy. Chukwudi killed that as a one off villain

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Good, but not great, MCU film.

The High Evolutionary was very good. Rocket (etc) shined here. Drax had more to do. Cosmo works. Sean Gunn lacks charisma (esp. compared to Michael Rooker) so "Gunn Gunn' " needs to boot him from the franchise or limit his screen time. The red guy and friends were great. Good powers. Warlock was one of the most entertaining parts of the movie.

Gunn stayed true to the ethos and style of the Guardians while still managing to make a good film and for that alone he deserves plaudits.

Marvel are going to miss Gunn.

Too many MCU greats have left .. Gunn, Russos, Chris Evans, RDJ, Favreau ..

6.5/10 :ehh:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Kang and THE are definitely night and day with their portrayals

But think both actors did a great job with what they were given and I think both characters had unique motivations that fit their journeys.

I know some people are more mad they didn’t get a unique customization of what THEY specifically wanted from Kang. But I don’t thing that should tarnish the character and everyone gotta remember… this isn’t the end of him
villains get jobbed out in comics all the time. Kang been a jobber more times than not.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Eh. The rocket backstory was touching but I really hate how you have to watch the Disney plus shows to know what’s going on. For people who saw Gamorra die in the movies and don’t keep up with the shows this was just weird. It also undercuts her death in the previous movie. Nothing means anything. And this movie dragged on too long. It’s also annoying that all of villains in the mcu are black now. We go from being sidekicks to villains. Maybe I’m just burnt out on the flicks. I didn’t even stay for the post credits cause I didn’t care. 4/10
What shows did you have to watch to follow this? Gamorra died in IW and returned in End Game.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Aside from Kang, what are you talking about? Killmonger was 5 years ago, and of the last 8 MCU movies, (Ant-Man 3, BP2, M.O.M., Thor L&T, No Way Home, Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals), they've had 1 black villain. And none of the villains in any of the Disney+ shows are black.

You also have black heroes as the lead character in at least 3 upcoming films (Iron Wars, Blade, Captain America). That's not a fair criticism on black casting.

Good points. I think I'm just noticing it a lot on TV now, where the antagonist is Black, so seeing this guy in this movie being especially cruel to animals just rubbed me the wrong way. Then again, I really didn't enjoy this movie so it may be bytch eating crackers syndrome. You know, when you crucify something or someone for something really ridiculous just because you already hate them. :laugh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
What shows did you have to watch to follow this? Gamorra died in IW and returned in End Game.
Ah, I totally forgot about that. When did that movie come out? Like 5 years ago? I think I'm just burnt out of these movies. I can't remember stuff now. I think part of it too is that her revival in EndGame still felt wrong, so I mentally rejected it. lol

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Movie was kinda boring. You've seen one James Gunn movie youve seen them all.