The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I loved this.

always loved rocket since day 1. did feel like the end of an era and i like many i saw on twitter are probably getting off the mcu ride here(until xmen). the cgi was amazing and the production design on that white ship planet was gawdly

it was a sad movie almost cut onions a few times. also made me reflect on my own growth and what i've been through the past 9 years. top 3 of 2023 so far
Throughout each movie, Rocket always felt like the leader to me. I was waiting on somebody to say the same when he officially got promoted, lol.

That "it was always your story, you just didn't know it" line hit me like a brick. :mjcry:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Those aren't the only hip hop songs they need to retire from film. Anything from Eminem, Biggie, Tupac, Jay-Z, 50 Cent and etc
that em one for shazaam was getting annoying

been hearing Nas in some trailers which is dope

at least we're past the "make a known song sad/acoustic" era of the late 2010's

all them shyts was terrible

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first things first

they need to retire these two fukking songs from movies, tv, commercials, trailers, etc period

why are there 2 chris pratt movies currently in theaters with no sleep till motherfukking brooklyn in them...but at least one of them made some sense

beyond that, overall i thought it was cool. (my first GotG flick, so as a stand alone, i rock with it)
why won't they kill anybody in these marvel films, beyond Iron man?

I think Quill dying would've been better...but they had to Last Jedi leia is ass. :stopitslime:

ain't gonna lie, when rocket was in heaven I was a little :mjcry:

Groot saying I love you had me :dead:, cause from what I understand he don't really say shyt, right?

I’d maybe agree if that NSTB scene wasn’t the coolest fukking scene in GOTG history :wow:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Great movie. I felt like part 2 went a lil too goofy but this one restored that feeling of Vol 1. Crazy that this could be the best trilogy in the MCU

were there any easter eggs besides howard the duck that i missed? I thought we would get a hint of mutants with the high evolutionary involved. When he said there is no god thats why i stepped in! That was type heavy for a disney flick :ohhh:
Captain America says no. But enjoyed the flick, and a much needed win for Marvel.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Need to watch again to make a concrete opinion but I enjoyed myself. First Marvel film in a while that I didn't read spoilers for which made for a great experience. I agree with Kory from DT about the music tho, it's a little excessive and almost unnecessary in some scenes.

I thought Rocket was about to be out of here :wow:

Everyone going their separate ways :mjcry:

So is there an in-universe explanation for why Lylla had the exact same voice as Hawkeye's wife?
That is the same actress. Guess they thought no big deal if she's voice acting plus Gunn has worked with her in the past.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
@Groot
In the past guardians at first only rockrt understood groot when he talked. All the other guardians eventually understood him just by spending time around him

I think when groot said "i love you guys"
, he was really saying "i am groot" , but we (the audience) understood him from seeing him grow through numerous movies. Basically, we speak groot now
Everyone was looking like
what-say.gif

I understood him this entire time :yeshrug:

I AM GROOT :troll:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Saw an advanced screening last night and :wow:

For the longest time I felt that the Steve Rogers “Captain America” trilogy was the best trilogy that came from the MCU. That title now goes to “Guardians Of The Galaxy.”

James Gunn just gets it, what he did with these 3 movies is special and quite honestly, this is the best MCU movie since “Infinity War” and “Endgame.” This movie wraps up the entire story of the Guardians in a nice wrapped bow. And to accomplish that within the MCU as a whole is quite impressive.

The MCU is going to miss James Gunn and honestly DC is in good hands. And this movie was his swan song to Marvel studios.

He just GETS it :damn:!!
I agree on it being the best trilogy. More self-contained than Cap's as well, IMO.

I think Gunn was the only dude at Marvel who doesn't shoot his movies until the script is 100% finished. It shows. The rest of these dudes be filming and rewriting and then filming some more. Oh wait, let's get another rewrite in! :damn: Okay, we're good...I think...let's film. :lupe:

Then comes the unfinished VFX and cries of the poor sweatshop teams as they keep adding shyt in up until release.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Holy shyt brehs I came out the theater dehydrated :mjcry:

Tf wrong with this cac James Gunn. How dare he make a real nicca feel like this :mjcry:

I hate this cac. He gon fukk around and bring DC back :mjcry:

The audacity of this mufukka.

10/10 brehs. Let me go hydrate :mjcry: dis was Tew much :wow:

U a good dog cosmo a good dog indeed :sadbron: