The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It has been a while since a MCU film left me feeling satisfied. I think the last one was Far From Home.

Really liked how this one focused on Rocket. Gave a lot of depth to his character as he and Drax felt like we needed to know more. It really makes sense how he was before this film. Very well done.

Regarding the villiain, it was solid. Nothing crazy I would say just the typical guy who thinks he is doing good, but is actually incredibly fukked up. Basically thinking his experiments are beneath them and will sacrifice them without hesitation.

I liked the ending instead of forcing the happy ending and Gamora rejoining the squad (which would incredibly forced), The squad seperates outside of Rocket and Groot and try to find their own purpose. Peter finally stopping chasing a Gamora that is never coming back goes back to Earth to see if anyone is there. His grandpa being there damn :mjcry: he was prob beyond happy.

I feel the thing compared to a lot of the recent films trying to be fancy dealing with the multiverse and a lot of those ending up pretty messy. I think BP 2 was one of the better more recent ones as well and that is considering it dealing an obstacle very few films have to deal with. Again here the story while it aint deep by any stretch of the imagination, it delivered in being a fun entertaining ride while this idiot cast.

This and Captain America are the only trilogies in the MCU I feel like hit on all of their films. Be interesting how they use these characters forward.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Finally watched it in a totally legal way...

Is this the last guardians movie? Or they gonna eventually plan a fourth?
It won’t be with Gunn’s version.

Just like with the Avengers. Teams rotate. There could be a version that rises out of Gunn’s version and builds a new team.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie. I felt like part 2 went a lil too goofy but this one restored that feeling of Vol 1. Crazy that this could be the best trilogy in the MCU

were there any easter eggs besides howard the duck that i missed? I thought we would get a hint of mutants with the high evolutionary involved. When he said there is no god thats why i stepped in! That was type heavy for a disney flick :ohhh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Eh. The rocket backstory was touching but I really hate how you have to watch the Disney plus shows to know what’s going on. For people who saw Gamorra die in the movies and don’t keep up with the shows this was just weird. It also undercuts her death in the previous movie. Nothing means anything. And this movie dragged on too long. It’s also annoying that all of villains in the mcu are black now. We go from being sidekicks to villains. Maybe I’m just burnt out on the flicks. I didn’t even stay for the post credits cause I didn’t care. 4/10

Daps
Eh. The rocket backstory was touching but I really hate how you have to watch the Disney plus shows to know what’s going on. For people who saw Gamorra die in the movies and don’t keep up with the shows this was just weird. It also undercuts her death in the previous movie. Nothing means anything. And this movie dragged on too long. It’s also annoying that all of villains in the mcu are black now. We go from being sidekicks to villains. Maybe I’m just burnt out on the flicks. I didn’t even stay for the post credits cause I didn’t care. 4/10

Aside from Kang, what are you talking about? Killmonger was 5 years ago, and of the last 8 MCU movies, (Ant-Man 3, BP2, M.O.M., Thor L&T, No Way Home, Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals), they've had 1 black villain. And none of the villains in any of the Disney+ shows are black.

You also have black heroes as the lead character in at least 3 upcoming films (Iron Wars, Blade, Captain America). That's not a fair criticism on black casting.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just getting back from seeing this and thought it was great. All the stuff with Rocket was :mjcry:- friends

Agree about it being one of the best Marvel trilogies :ehh:

Lot's of weird looking creatures :skip:. James Gunn knows how to handle ensemble teams and when it switches into action mode :whew:.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just got out, I thought it was good. a return to form for the MCU but with Gunn leaving and this franchise going on a huge pause, I dont think its a signal of good things to come. it was really well done, better than GOTG2 for sure, on par with the first movie. probably the best MCU movie since Endgame unless Im missing an obvious one?

I had to run out before the mid / post credits, can anyone let me know what they were? daps/rep thanks

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Great movie. I felt like part 2 went a lil too goofy but this one restored that feeling of Vol 1. Crazy that this could be the best trilogy in the MCU

were there any easter eggs besides howard the duck that i missed? I thought we would get a hint of mutants with the high evolutionary involved. When he said there is no god thats why i stepped in! That was type heavy for a disney flick :ohhh:
Those multi-colored space suits were a homage to Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey', and Warlock reaching out to Quill just before saving him was a mirror of the Creation of Adam.

The thing that jumped out to me the most though was the amount of actors in Gunn's past work that showed up here. The Orocorp Lady that Gamora ended up shooting in the leg was James Gunn's wife, Jennifer Holland (Harcourt from Peacemaker) :russ:Quill trying to charm Ratcatcher's fine ass (Daniela Melchior) from The Suicide Squad. Linda Cardellini as Lylla. :mjcry: Nathan Fillion's cameo of course being another surprise. I only knew about Pete Davidson being in this until after I got home. He was the nightmarish, but totally friendly creature Mantis had let out the cage in the last act.

Daps
I had no idea this was playing already…just passed by a theater and seen it was showing

Me neither... what the hell! :why:

I have never not been aware that a Marvel film dropped! I even clicked the spoiler at the top of this page cause I thought breh was spoilering it cause it was a theory, not an actual movie review :wtf:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just got out, I thought it was good. a return to form for the MCU but with Gunn leaving and this franchise going on a huge pause, I dont think its a signal of good things to come. it was really well done, better than GOTG2 for sure, on par with the first movie. probably the best MCU movie since Endgame unless Im missing an obvious one?

I had to run out before the mid / post credits, can anyone let me know what they were? daps/rep thanks

Lol Dr Strange 2, Wakanda forever >>>this movie.