The Official Furious 7 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took a chick out to watch it last night. Thought it was... ok. 7/10 perhaps.

The ending was the highlight, it was nostalgic, absolutely classy and a great send off. But I'd say if Fast Five reinvigorated me to the series, and FF6 was the apex and IMO the best one.. then i'd say Furious 7 kinda left me feeling burnt out by the time it ended.

The good is obvious: the action and explosions and levels of fukkery. Truth be told it got so ridiculous several times that the fact that Dom/Hobbs was still alive after some of those spots was flat out laughable.. but after F6 I think we all kinda knew it'd be like that coming in, so I wasn't too bothered by that. Basically the movie fulfills that need for action, explosions and shyt

The bad is more subjective but...

I thought it dragged a little too long and was a bit lazy with the subplots, which was a very underrated component of F6. i.e. Han and Gisele had their thing about retiring and moving to Tokyo, which showed growth from how they were in Fast 5, and ultimately made Gisele's death that much more tragic. Or the mma girl in F6 was built up as Hobbs' "loyal" partner, a tank in her own right, and had a good bait n switch heel turn, which led to a satisfying final confrontation with Letty. Also, Dom & Hobbs still had beef, Brian in prision with everyone he'd ever arrested + the cartel boss, Shaw's 'evil' version of the F&F crew, and then Dom vs Shaw vs Letty itself.

Basically F6 did a better job of filling in the gaps between explosions n shyt to keep you invested, whereas F7 kinda just rehashed the whole Dom/Letty thing to death, kept Rock out of most the movie, no focus on Tyrese tryna bag the sexy biracial brit or fleshing her out more.. and the other main villain/co-plot was pretty bland. Tony Jaa was a beast tho

So i didn't think it was a bad movie at all, but it didn't have the same subtleties & charm that i liked from the previous two installments.
I think it was the death man . It seemed like they had to work around it a lot and a lot of the action sequences went on a bit long . It works great for tying up Brian's story though as suprisingly that was the best and most developed part of the plot

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
fastfastfastfast.gif

Ja said he was suppose to take Ludacris part going forward but turned down the roles. LOL. He'll always have this scene. MONICAAAAAAA Forever, lol.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, tyrese was funny as hell in this movie. I think they'll go more with him wisecracking going foward. (cuz we all know this franchise ain't gonna end when it makes this much money)

that being said, they did a good job on the paul walker CGI. I say they could bring him back for future movies since most of the phrases he says, he's already used in the 6 previous films he's appeared in.

jason statham was the man tho. he did a good job as the villain.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Fun as all hell.

In my opinion, best one yet.

Did uh.....did anybody else feel a certain kind of way in their crotchal region when Letti and Rousey were fighting?

Me during the fight scene::takedat:

My girl looking at me like::usure:

Me looking at my girl::mjlol::manny:

See this shyt in IMAX, too. There's no other way...