The Official Furious 7 Thread

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Seen it last night in IMAX. Good movie. I like how they didn't overly do the PW tribute at the end. It was perfect.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Definite must cop on blu. Still feel fast 5 is the best but this is better than 6. Straight 80s action movie piff. I love it.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
ludacris-rock-gibson-premiere-furious-7-02.jpg

furious_7_two_edit_3242162b.jpg

Peace Paul. This franchise just won't be the same anymore.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was it over the top? Yes. Was it even outrageous. Very. But to me it worked. Very fitting tribute to Paul. As for the CGI debate, in some cases you could see something was off and you couldn't tell but it didn't really matter cause you were glued to his every scene. Paul's part was important to the story. The entire Bus action sequence was by far arguably the best action sequence of the franchise. The trailer did not do it justice as far as what happen but it did spoil the ending of it. Jason was fantastic though a little generic popping up here or there or everywhere lol.

But he worked with what he had, He was just causing mayhem. He was bada$$ of course. Kurt did alright in this role, even got in on the action. Love the main cast and the strong diversity showing all different perspectives. This is why this Franchise is global cause it's a global cast. "Toky Drift" finally ties in the story line. The cars were great. The Stuns were very unbelievable but they were good. The car chases were just so intense and the Stunts were there. Yes there are even some throwback races. This movie felt like a celebration of the franchise.

They went to Tokyo, Dubai, DR and LA so all the settings were great, fells like you went on a quick tour around the globe. The Rock was a little underused but he stole the movie when he needed to. The Rock and Vin Diesel have finally taken there place in the Arnold and Sly mantel of bringing the Big Action Star back. I mean a Gatling gun, wow. My only issue is the Letty memory story line has never fully worked for me and they had to write there way out of it in this film and sometimes Paul disappeared from the story completely which I understood cause they had to write around the situation. Also the Plot was got a little:

"Enemy of the State"/"Eagle Eye" ish with whole tracking thing, Even The Dark Knight used this plot point. They should of just kept it on Jason hunting them.

Overall I commend the writers and filmmakers for bringing this together. I will watch it again. James Wan for this first Big Time action movie did pretty well. Was he perfect? No but the action sequences worked and it stayed true to the franchise. The Ending was very sad and again very fitting for Paul. I'm sorry I feel this was the perfect ending to the franchise. But they aren't going to stop here. Overall I give it a B. I Feel this one and Fast Five were the best of the last four with Fast 6 coming in third and Fast 4 for 4th place. Overall Must See on the Big screen. Starting the Summer Movie Season Off Early. Loving it's prospects this weekend. As for the Ending of the Film:

Paul on the sunny beach with the waves crashing with is family and the team looking on. Then Vin just leaves and Paul gets in a car and catches up to him and they race one last time driving off on separate roads was just perfect send off for his character. I commend the writers and Vin and the team for that.

Furious_7_14232576023578.jpg

My Personal Rankings:

#1. THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS 01' (A)
#2. FAST FIVE 11' (B+)
#3. FURIOUS 7 15' (B)
#4. FAST AND FURIOUS 6 (B -)
#5. 2 FAST, 2 FURIOUS (C+)
#6. FAST AND FURIOUS (C)
#7. TOKYO DRIFT (C -)
Fast and furious

The fast and the furious wtf

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just saw it at 1.
I fukked with the story and i fukk with how jason statham didn't die. oh and kurt russell killed it. mr nobody is a great character in my mind. the action was amazing.This is constantly since 5 the only movie where i thoroughly fukk with the action. I'm glad they didn't kill of brian that would've been so cheap and disrespectful. but ill be damned if i didn't get choked up during that final scene. i saw a few grown men wipin tears. i basically grew from a young teen on this series. so that was touching