The Official Furious 7 Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:to: just saw 7pm show in iMaX . Good give it 8 out of 10, im suprised at how much Paul did in the movie cause the parts he wasn't in stood out . It felt slightly disjointed maybe because they had to really shift things around with his passing , but Ramsey :banderas: that scene .
:to: that ending was both touching and classy. Got a tiny bit eerie though . If you likes the others you'll like this , I say this affectionately That it was kind of like they said less plot give them more action and I ain't mad at it as we all in on the joke . If you hated the other I have no idea why you'd see this one seriously so we don't need the ohhh this movie is trash and overrated posts . The best part was how they handled brian .

quoted you just so this part is seen, there is nothing worse than the guy that hates this franchise posting up in this thread responding atleast once a page saying in a different way how it garbage.. to those guys
fukk you in advance

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
i call these films braindead films. they're nice and flashy but you ain't gotta bother understanding shyt, just enjoy the action.
and i'm glad as fukk the quality and scale of braindead films are on the rise.:blessed:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ending :to: he seemed like a dude who realized he was blessed to be in these movies and appreciated the fans . He wasn't out there trying to be pretentious or anything just having fun and putting out his full effort .
focusing on his white car riding into the white scene with vins voice over :to: and when he pulled up for one last race damn man and still in one of Brian's Asian tuner cars

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tha final scene of Dom and Brian cars peeling off from each other perfectly illustrated life & death. THEM DUALITIES!!! :to: :ohlawd:
Yeah man that was touching and the way they followed him
Pauls car into the light :to:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Took a chick out to watch it last night. Thought it was... ok. 7/10 perhaps.

The ending was the highlight, it was nostalgic, absolutely classy and a great send off. But I'd say if Fast Five reinvigorated me to the series, and FF6 was the apex and IMO the best one.. then i'd say Furious 7 kinda left me feeling burnt out by the time it ended.

The good is obvious: the action and explosions and levels of fukkery. Truth be told it got so ridiculous several times that the fact that Dom/Hobbs was still alive after some of those spots was flat out laughable.. but after F6 I think we all kinda knew it'd be like that coming in, so I wasn't too bothered by that. Basically the movie fulfills that need for action, explosions and shyt

The bad is more subjective but...

I thought it dragged a little too long and was a bit lazy with the subplots, which was a very underrated component of F6. i.e. Han and Gisele had their thing about retiring and moving to Tokyo, which showed growth from how they were in Fast 5, and ultimately made Gisele's death that much more tragic. Or the mma girl in F6 was built up as Hobbs' "loyal" partner, a tank in her own right, and had a good bait n switch heel turn, which led to a satisfying final confrontation with Letty. Also, Dom & Hobbs still had beef, Brian in prision with everyone he'd ever arrested + the cartel boss, Shaw's 'evil' version of the F&F crew, and then Dom vs Shaw vs Letty itself.

Basically F6 did a better job of filling in the gaps between explosions n shyt to keep you invested, whereas F7 kinda just rehashed the whole Dom/Letty thing to death, kept Rock out of most the movie, no focus on Tyrese tryna bag the sexy biracial brit or fleshing her out more.. and the other main villain/co-plot was pretty bland. Tony Jaa was a beast tho

So i didn't think it was a bad movie at all, but it didn't have the same subtleties & charm that i liked from the previous two installments.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Was it over the top? Yes. Was it even outrageous. Very. But to me it worked. Very fitting tribute to Paul. As for the CGI debate, in some cases you could see something was off and you couldn't tell but it didn't really matter cause you were glued to his every scene. Paul's part was important to the story. The entire Bus action sequence was by far arguably the best action sequence of the franchise. The trailer did not do it justice as far as what happen but it did spoil the ending of it. Jason was fantastic though a little generic popping up here or there or everywhere lol.

But he worked with what he had, He was just causing mayhem. He was bada$$ of course. Kurt did alright in this role, even got in on the action. Love the main cast and the strong diversity showing all different perspectives. This is why this Franchise is global cause it's a global cast. "Toky Drift" finally ties in the story line. The cars were great. The Stuns were very unbelievable but they were good. The car chases were just so intense and the Stunts were there. Yes there are even some throwback races. This movie felt like a celebration of the franchise.

They went to Tokyo, Dubai, DR and LA so all the settings were great, fells like you went on a quick tour around the globe. The Rock was a little underused but he stole the movie when he needed to. The Rock and Vin Diesel have finally taken there place in the Arnold and Sly mantel of bringing the Big Action Star back. I mean a Gatling gun, wow. My only issue is the Letty memory story line has never fully worked for me and they had to write there way out of it in this film and sometimes Paul disappeared from the story completely which I understood cause they had to write around the situation. Also the Plot was got a little:

"Enemy of the State"/"Eagle Eye" ish with whole tracking thing, Even The Dark Knight used this plot point. They should of just kept it on Jason hunting them.

Overall I commend the writers and filmmakers for bringing this together. I will watch it again. James Wan for this first Big Time action movie did pretty well. Was he perfect? No but the action sequences worked and it stayed true to the franchise. The Ending was very sad and again very fitting for Paul. I'm sorry I feel this was the perfect ending to the franchise. But they aren't going to stop here. Overall I give it a B. I Feel this one and Fast Five were the best of the last four with Fast 6 coming in third and Fast 4 for 4th place. Overall Must See on the Big screen. Starting the Summer Movie Season Off Early. Loving it's prospects this weekend. As for the Ending of the Film:

Paul on the sunny beach with the waves crashing with is family and the team looking on. Then Vin just leaves and Paul gets in a car and catches up to him and they race one last time driving off on separate roads was just perfect send off for his character. I commend the writers and Vin and the team for that.

Furious_7_14232576023578.jpg

My Personal Rankings:

#1. THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS 01' (A)
#2. FAST FIVE 11' (B+)
#3. FURIOUS 7 15' (B)
#4. FAST AND FURIOUS 6 (B -)
#5. 2 FAST, 2 FURIOUS (C+)
#6. FAST AND FURIOUS (C)
#7. TOKYO DRIFT (C -)