The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's it in a nutshell. Cost cap means Mercedes can't throw money at this like they would have in the past. CFD and wind tunnel time is restricted based on constructors championship results, so the better you've done, the more you're handicapped. I'm honestly skeptical that teams will be able to close the gap under these rules if they're not last in the standings. If you go down the wrong development path, you're fukked.

That's pretty much the Indycar rule. I was thinking it should be instated for F2 and F3 at the very least.

Croft trying to start shyt :smh:

Thanks, breh.

Yeah, the cost cap is one of those things that makes sense on paper as far as making things more competitive, since it'll prevent something like Mercedes having a choke on the constructor's championship for most of a decade. But it doesn't really work in practice, since we're all of four races in, and it doesn't seem like there'll be much challenge to Ferrari. Their most interesting challenge is how and when Sainz is going to fukk up.

And the irony is that the supposed goal of getting lowe end teams to compete probably isn't going to get achieved, since it seems like those teams just don't have the money, regardless of cap, and they have at least one mediocre to trash driver.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Mercedes is showing some life on warm tires, hopefully it doesn't rain today and tomorrow :francis:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Shame they couldnā€™t get their tire heating issues together yesterday, with the pace today they wouldā€™ve easily been in Q3.

Daps
Lewis should of just retired last season. It really is Leclerc and Ferrari to lose this season. Merc is wash since they can't throw gobs of money. I said that from the start.