The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This has been a waste of a morning :unimpressed:
:heh: Breh... I was sitting there like damn, the Mercs are making almost no progress. Lewis was actually doing well-- but couldn't overcome that nasty DRS train. Tragic.

But let me be honest. I'm getting sick of Mercedes. Let me start with saying James Vowles needs to go. More often than not, he's been trash at strategy when it's needed most. They've gotten by with a strong car and incredible performances by Lewis. But that clearly can't be relied upon when RB and Ferrari are where they are and the rest of the midfield being so much closer. Second, I can't believe Merc froze development after Silverstone last season just to end up where we are today. I'd be pissed if I were Lewis. The championship doesn't come down to AD if they develop the car the entire season like RB did. Yet RB (despite reliability issues) seem to have had no problem with performance in this new era. Disgusting all around. And finally, to cap it off. I'm tired of them getting "experimental" with Lewis' setups. I get he's more seasoned and a more reliable test bed than GR-- but my one fear is that they do get the car in order and somehow Lewis misses out on the championship with Merc giving away his points like they did in Australia.

Rant over.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:heh: Breh... I was sitting there like damn, the Mercs are making almost no progress. Lewis was actually doing well-- but couldn't overcome that nasty DRS train. Tragic. I have to be honest. I'm getting sick of Mercedes. Let me start with saying James Vowles needs to go. More often that not, he's been trash at strategy when it's needed most. They've gotten by with a strong car and incredible performances by Lewis. But that clearly can't be relied upon when RB and Ferrari are where they are and the rest of the midfield being so much closer. Second, I can't believe Merc froze development after Silverstone last season just to end up where we are today. I'd be pissed if I was Lewis. The championship doesn't come down to AD if they develop the car the entire season like RB did. Yet RB (despite reliability issues) seem to have had no problem with performance in this new era. Disgusting all around. And finally, to cap it off. I'm tired of them getting "experimental" with Lewis' setups. I get he's more seasoned and a more reliable test bed than GR-- but my one fear is that they do get the car in order and somehow Lewis misses out on the championship with Merc giving away his points like they did in Australia.

Rant over.
There were no gaps at the start and Lewis had to back out to stay in one piece. It was a done deal after that. I think I said it last year, sprints are just a preview of what's going to happen in the race. Tomorrow is going to be DRS trains until pit stops.

I was trying to figure out how the hell they got it so wrong if they stopped development so soon last year too. There's just no words for it. It's not complacency because they clearly put the effort in for this season. Maybe their tools were too specific for the last formula so this radical of a change doesn't fit. Whatever the case, it's a tough road to hoe for them. If they've cancelled upgrades until they understand the problem, they might have entirely written off the season internally.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
what does australia have to do with the broader point of lewis being outperformed?

ignore austrailia and it is still not a good look.

man cannot let a rookie outperform him while driving the same car. and lewis let it happen again over the last few days.

what exactly is your point against the above ^

Itā€™s been three races. And the last race, with the added weight Lewis was told to lift when he was going to eventually going to overtake George.

At Jeddah they admitted they went with a different setup that didnā€™t work. Hamilton finished above Russell in Bahrain.

But clearly you argue in bad faith. You canā€™t even take whatā€™s happened so far this weekend into consideration. Even if you mention the sprint race everyone was stuck in a DRS train behind Vettel. There was nothing Hamilton could do. You just sound like a person who takes into account where they finish and not what actually happens.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If the next upgrade doesn't put them within a half second of Red Bull/Ferrari, its time to move start moving budget to 2023. :francis:

Car looked horrible out there today.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
If the next upgrade doesn't put them within a half second of Red Bull/Ferrari, its time to move start moving budget to 2023. :francis:

Car looked horrible out there today.
No telling when the next upgrade is at this point :francis:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Apparently the track is drying and there is 60 percent chance of rain during the race. Hopefully we don't get multiple red flags.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I thought the race started later :francis:. Good thing I didn't go back to sleep like I started.