The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Sky loves George so they'll never report on anything that doesn't make it seem like he earned that spot on merit. They kept hinting George had orders to stay behind Lewis until Lewis pulled away and they had to change that story.
The reality is that you can see three races in that heā€™s not a Lewis, Max, Charles level driver. Heā€™s a Norris level guy. Maybe half a tick above.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Sky loves George so they'll never report on anything that doesn't make it seem like he earned that spot on merit. They kept hinting George had orders to stay behind Lewis until Lewis pulled away and they had to change that story.
Yeah that was always going to be a BS story :mjlol:. After Lewis pulled off, he should have too. I think he's in for the same lesson Valtteri learned - sometimes you come up against someone who's just faster than you are. He'll get those reminders more and more this year.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Other than hold position i don't see any other reason why he wouldn't have challenged him. They were all alone. Perez was long gone. :yeshrug:
Mercedesā€™ wouldnt want to ā€œriskā€ a guaranteed result. You have to remember the constructors matters. Thatā€™s where the money isā€” and despite their woesā€” Mercedes leads the WCC right now lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
George is 24-years old and not my words but apparently to some a "handsome" cac.. i'm sure there's some people out there who'd love to see George with #1 instead of Lewis surpassing Schumacher.

i don't have any evidence of that but it's a feeling i get even after Lewis has become one of the most popular people in the world of sports

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Lewis just said he had to back off as the engine was overheating....
But that gap hovered between 1.1 and like 2.5 seconds :russ:. Lewis knows how to fight and manage simultaneously. We know he could have put the move on, gapped his ass, then sat back. At least until the Perez lock up where he went in for the kill :mjlit:

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that gap hovered between 1.1 and like 2.5 seconds :russ:. Lewis knows how to fight and manage simultaneously. We know he could have put the move on, gapped his ass, then sat back. At least until the Perez lock up where he went in for the kill :mjlit:

I know, right. He's the best on the grid at managing his tyres. I think George must have had higher tyre deg due to his fight with Perez so the team wanted to nurse both cars to the finish line

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I know, right. He's the best on the grid at managing his tyres. I think George must have had higher tyre deg due to his fight with Perez so the team wanted to nurse both cars to the finish line
I agree with that assessment. Lewis asked about their fight affecting tire temps while he was still driving to a time to manage his, and Bono confirmed the decision to play the long game with management. It was on for a repeat of the first stint.

Side note, Lazenby just called Lewis the GOAT :blessed:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This fukking guy :snoop: always has 3 excuses lined up. I expected much more from Sainz this season.

Ferrari needs to make a call to Lewis next season :steviej:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This fukking guy :snoop: always has 3 excuses lined up. I expected much more from Sainz this season.

So even when Merc fix the porpoising it isn't looking like they will be on pace?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
So even when Merc fix the porpoising it isn't looking like they will be on pace?
Russell claims that 99% of their problems are due to porpoising. My thinking is that even if they do manage to get on pace Ferrari will be too far away and will also continue their own development, while Mercedes is too busy trying to catch up.

Ferrari look like they really have their shyt together this year. From car design to reliability to strategy, they look on the ball.

I expected RB to be very competitive today due to a faster, redesigned track but Leclerc was dropping Max easily from lap one and still had great tire management.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

The anti stall is true though. Karun did a segment where they showed Ferrari swapping his wheel at the last minute, and then anti stall kicking in at the line. He said that the backup wheel wasn't calibrated like the main one and that's what caused his issues. The trip to the gravel was all him though :hubie: