The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Can't believe how bad the Mercedes car is this year.....

they basically wrote all the new rules to put a stop to their dominance

things will be a lot closer by mid season.

FP2, Ferrari still looking good

its weird how Sainz car has so much porpoising and Shhaaarrrlles car doesn't

Aston Martin needs help, shyt is looking terrible for them right now

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is Schumacher 2005 all over again. :francis:

I don't think Mercedes went the right direction with this car concept.

And no, these rules weren't written to stop their dominance. They got caught napping. Outside of wind tunnel time, there's no reason for both the aero/chassis side and PU side not to be on par with the RB/Ferrari.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This is Schumacher 2005 all over again. :francis:

I don't think Mercedes went the right direction with this car concept.

And no, these rules weren't written to stop their dominance. They got caught napping. Outside of wind tunnel time, there's no reason for both the aero/chassis side and PU side not to be on par with the RB/Ferrari.
I still think the PU argument is a non starter. Putting aside whatever foolishness the customer teams are going through, Mercedes has to lift on the straights because the porpoising gets so bad. I'm betting when it's fixed, engine deficiencies won't come up anymore.

And man the rules have been changed to "promote better racing" damn near every year since 2016 or so :mjlol:. The constant whooping by Mercedes almost certainly have been a contributing factor. If they would have come out the gates eating everyone's lunch again, F1 would be preparing a knee jerk reaction. The car still has developments to come. If those lead nowhere then :manny:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I still think the PU argument is a non starter. Putting aside whatever foolishness the customer teams are going through, Mercedes has to lift on the straights because the porpoising gets so bad. I'm betting when it's fixed, engine deficiencies won't come up anymore.

And man the rules have been changed to "promote better racing" damn near every year since 2016 or so :mjlol:. The constant whooping by Mercedes almost certainly have been a contributing factor. If they would have come out the gates eating everyone's lunch again, F1 would be preparing a knee jerk reaction. The car still has developments to come. If those lead nowhere then :manny:
Better racing for these regs meant improved overtaking and ability to follow without the tires self-destructing. Mission accomplished so far. Donā€™t think it had anything to do with Mercedes.

Again, they had plenty of opportunity to nail these regs. They obviously did in 2014 and 2017. They nailed the revisions in 2019 and 2021 too.