The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

calh45

Cal
Daps
I don't want to shyt on him yet because it's his first real race at Mercedes. But he should know what he's doing with tires though :francis:

Even though there's a lot more pressure on George now, he actually dodged a bullet with Mercedes not having a dominant car yet. Because then all the Lewis haters, who pray for his downfall, would also be on George's ass like they were on Bottas:heh:

So at least he'll have some time to settle in.

For everyone claiming the Merc ain't fast needs to be told Lewis wasn't too far off Checo or Sainz when the tires were fresher. George ain't driving a complete piece of shyt out there. It's still fast. It just ain't the championship favorite fast. By the middle of the season if the car gets better and Lewis still driving away from him then he should be criticized just based on how he lobbied for the seat last year.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I don't want to shyt on him yet because it's his first real race at Mercedes. But he should know what he's doing with tires though :francis:

Even though there's a lot more pressure on George now, he actually dodged a bullet with Mercedes not having a dominant car yet. Because then all the Lewis haters, who pray for his downfall, would also be on George's ass like they were on Bottas:heh:

So at least he'll have some time to settle in.
:francis: He's the same guy that lost it behind the safety car a couple seasons back... so it's not shocking. He's likely a Landoish level driver. He's not racing at the level of Lewis, Charles, and Max. They challenged and asserted dominance immediately. In Lewis' case they had to literally handcuff him to stop him from running away from a 2xWDC. If you have to "settle" in at the sharp end, you're not that guy. Same with Sainz. He's never going to truly challenge Charles.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
damn i've love to get behind the wheel.. i be too scared to go above 120MPH tho lol.

Do yall see Ford or BMW ever gettin into the game again? The sport is on the rise more and more.. you'd wanna believe that'd bring about more constructors?
I don't see other manufacturers making the investment until F1 goes truly next gen with powertrains. Everyone is committing billions into electric.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
:francis: He's the same guy that lost it behind the safety car a couple seasons back... so it's not shocking. He's likely a Landoish level driver. He's not racing at the level of Lewis, Charles, and Max. They challenged and asserted dominance immediately. In Lewis' case they had to literally handcuff him to stop him from running away from a 2xWDC. If you have to "settle" in at the sharp end, you're not that guy. Same with Sainz. He's never going to truly challenge Charles.

He looked so down post race that he was that far off the pace of Charles. Lol you can tell he thought coming into this season he’d be making a case to be the #1 for SF.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
He looked so down post race that he was that far off the pace of Charles. Lol you can tell he thought coming into this season he’d be making a case to be the #1 for SF.
Charles biggest weakness is consistency. I would still need to see him put together a season long campaign. Max is pretty consistent and we saw how he eventually cracked under the pressure. These younger drivers are very talented, but I doubt their mental fortitude.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

Does Red Bull want to hide the real cause of the Verstappen / Perez retirements? According to another team, it is very likely that the two RB18s retired because they ran out of gas! Matter of 'overweight'. Red Bull denies #Formu1a #F1

:sas2:

calh45

Cal
Daps
damn i've love to get behind the wheel.. i be too scared to go above 120MPH tho lol.

Do yall see Ford or BMW ever gettin into the game again? The sport is on the rise more and more.. you'd wanna believe that'd bring about more constructors?

Porsche will at some point. It's all basically a marketing expense. The Red Bull team is quite literally part of the marketing arm of Red Bull, but the problem for new constructors was always needing to spend like crazy to keep up with Merc/Ferrari and that's why they have the cost cap now. I don't think Ford will jump back in the game again, but Audi or Porsche have some other high level racing teams so it would make sense for one of them to make a jump.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Even with a safety car? :gucci:

Porsche will at some point. It's all basically a marketing expense. The Red Bull team is quite literally part of the marketing arm of Red Bull, but the problem for new constructors was always needing to spend like crazy to keep up with Merc/Ferrari and that's why they have the cost cap now. I don't think Ford will jump back in the game again, but Audi or Porsche have some other high level racing teams so it would make sense for one of them to make a jump.
I was under impression Audi and Porsche were only coming in as engine manufacturers. That's why everyone was so welcoming to them while they don't want to hear a thing about Andretti getting a team.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Even with a safety car? :gucci:

I was under impression Audi and Porsche were only coming in as engine manufacturers. That's why everyone was so welcoming to them while they don't want to hear a thing about Andretti getting a team.
I thought it was going to be an Aston Martin situation for Porsche with Red Bull where RBR makes the engines and Porsche is the title sponsor. I don't think anyone wants to do a Honda where you're building an engine from zero anymore and will use RBR as a base to learn from, but you are right that's why they're blocking Andretti. He low key fukked up by going at it on his own instead of coming with a major car brand sponsor (Ford) who have global appeal instead of having his pops drop hints in interviews.

Porsche, Red Bull nearing deal over F1 partnership from 2026