The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I thought it was going to be an Aston Martin situation for Porsche with Red Bull where RBR makes the engines and Porsche is the title sponsor. I don't think anyone wants to do a Honda where you're building an engine from zero anymore and will use RBR as a base to learn from, but you are right that's why they're blocking Andretti. He low key fukked up by going at it on his own instead of coming with a major car brand sponsor (Ford) who have global appeal instead of having his pops drop hints in interviews.

Porsche, Red Bull nearing deal over F1 partnership from 2026
Even with Red Bull, Porsche would probably still be involved in engine development. One of the main reasons for engine changes going more 'green' (whatever that's going to mean) in 2026 is to attract Audi/Porsche. And if Audi goes with Williams as was rumored they definitely have to be the ones developing the engine.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I feel like once Merc irons out the porpoising issue with the W13, it's gonna be ominous... and as much as i'd hate for Lewis to have an uncontested title and as boring as that would be, I want merc to lap the whole field every race for the rest of the season for the fukkshyt that happened in Abu last year and how the FIA handled it.

Ferrari still has pace in hand as they're running their engines in low power mode for longevity purposes for now until they bring the upgraded version with the reliability tweaks later this year. They'll do this until Merc or RB matches them in pace, then it'll be a slug fest. Still I don't know if Ferrari can match Merc and RB's development pace over the course of a season, but their new power unit is very promising.

I'm hoping for a 3 way fight.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
When did Arab dudes start running formula 1? Was it always like this?
New FIA president is brehslim. OPEC countries always had money to host races and F1 is always willing to chase the money. Short of the track being blown up, they ain't stopping.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
New FIA president is brehslim. OPEC countries always had money to host races and F1 is always willing to chase the money. Short of the track being blown up, they ain't stopping.

also I'm pretty sure when the teams need loans, they come from the Bank of Bahrain