The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

:lupe:

I didn't think so at first but now...I don't see how this goes through. How can anyone guarantee no missiles will hit the track? That's crazy.

Its 2am in the morning if they wanted this to happened this meeting would have been done by now. That's why I think they cancel. If they don't, they look like hypocrites about what's going on in Russia.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermƩ
This is like Australia 2020 with covid. The fact that thereā€™s even a discussion around whether or not to race this weekend is insane.

At this point I donā€™t even think F1 has a risk assessment department. Letā€™s weigh the pros vs cons hereā€¦ skip a single race and eat the cost or risk having a missile hit the track and blow up your whole brand. One of these things is irrecoverable financially. How is this even a fukking discussionā€¦ what the fukk? Are they really willing to put driversā€™ and spectatorsā€™ lives at risk for this :mindblown:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This is like Australia 2020 with covid. The fact that thereā€™s even a discussion around whether or not to race this weekend is insane.

At this point I donā€™t even think F1 has a risk assessment department. Letā€™s weigh the pros vs cons hereā€¦ skip a single race and eat the cost or risk having a missile hit the track and blow up your whole brand. One of these things is irrecoverable financially. How is this even a fukking discussionā€¦ what the fukk? Are they really willing to put driversā€™ and spectatorsā€™ lives at risk for this :mindblown:
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem: "They are targeting the infrastructure, not the civilians, and, of course, not the track. We've checked the facts and we've got assurances from the highest level that this is a secure place. Let's go on racing."

Webp-net-resizeimage-54.png

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
But eventually they were convinced to go ahead and race after being given further information by bosses.

Part of this information involved the possible consequences of not racing, such as how easily teams and drivers would be able to leave the country if the race did not happen.

Sounds like they were literally threatened.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like they were literally threatened.
They almost certainly were, and then were told (along with the F1 media) to shut up about the real consequences and get on code. Priority is probably get the race done so they can get the fukk up outta there. Then pretend to have meetings about the future of the race, just to go back for the remainder of the contract and extend for another 5 years.