The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Did you used to have a different handle? I wont believe in Ferrari until the halfway mark. We've seen this from them before. People just have short memories and like to act as if HAM/Merc have been moonwalking to titles for the past near decade.
Yes. Its in my sig.

I think Merc is on the backfoot but they'll be back once the floor is revised. They clearly have more potential to unlock.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Still think the championship is between Lewis and Max. I believe Merc and Red Bull will out-develop the Ferrari during the course of the season Both Max and Red Bull gaining zero points is massive.
Ferrari has two great drivers and Mercedes has way too much ground to make up.

Before the safety car Lewis was 25-30 seconds behind Leclerc.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. Its in my sig.

I think Merc is on the backfoot but they'll be back once the floor is revised. They clearly have more potential to unlock.
7 tenths in Bahrain in qually. But they talk like they have a second to unlock.

In lewis' hands that's 1.2, that's at the very least even with ferrari and redbull as they develop during the season. The only question is when. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
Ferrari has two great drivers and Mercedes has way too much ground to make up.

Before the safety car Lewis was 25-30 seconds behind Leclerc.

A large part of that is them trying Hard tires after the first stop which was a big fail.

They def behind but I don't think it's as bad as that gap.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who we rating as the better driver? Leclerc or Sainz? Can see a Rosberg/Ham ‘14/‘16 scenario if Ferrari remains the best car throughout the season.
Leclerc is faster. Last year to me Sainz was more consistent.

But with a front runner I put my money on Leclerc. If he is in front Sainz isn't sniffing.

Leclerc is up there with Verstappen when he has the car.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
7 tenths in Bahrain in qually. But they talk like they have a second to unlock.

In lewis' hands that's 1.2, that's at the very least even with ferrari and redbull as they develop during the season. The only question is when. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
That might be a little aggressive. I haven't read anything like that. It would be surprising to gain that much even with Mercedes' setup compromises.

But, only one way to find out.

I think the car is going to be extremely quick at the slow tracks at the very least.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
A large part of that is them trying Hard tires after the first stop which was a big fail.

They def behind but I don't think it's as bad as that gap.
I would add that to the list of concerns for Mercedes. They seem shaky on strategies and keep fukking up pit stops, consistently slowest stops on the grid.

And then on top of all of that it looks like PU doesn't have the juice it had before with the new fuel :francis:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I would add that to the list of concerns for Mercedes. They seem shaky on strategies and keep fukking up pit stops, consistently slowest stops on the grid.

And then on top of all of that it looks like PU doesn't have the juice it had before with the new fuel :francis:
The team has said that drag is the issue, not output.