The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That might be a little aggressive. I haven't read anything like that. It would be surprising to gain that much even with Mercedes' setup compromises.

But, only one way to find out.

I think the car is going to be extremely quick at the slow tracks at the very least.

Toto said they hadn't seen the performance they saw in the wind tunnel.

The rumours around this new design was that it was enough for them to scrap their first designs.

That would be a significant performance gain. I would say at the very least 7 tenths.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The team has said that drag is the issue, not output.
I know that they said they have issues with drag, especially with rear tires. But Toto also said that they have five or six problems, as well as porpoising (he also mentioned having to evaluate power unit).

So while there's too many variables, aerodynamics being their main concern, performance of other Mercedes powered cars doesn't inspire confidence.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Did you all notice how ragged Max looks when he tries to race cleanly wheel to wheel? Locking up, going wide. :sas2: Been telling y'all about his lack of racecraft.
Especially when he's racing against someone as aggressive as he is. I thought Sharl was going to cut across his front wing and take them both out.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I know that they said they have issues with drag, especially with rear tires. But Toto also said that they have five or six problems, as well as porpoising (he also mentioned having to evaluate power unit).

So while there's too many variables, aerodynamics being their main concern, performance of other Mercedes powered cars doesn't inspire confidence.
I mean we're talking about Williams and Aston. Aston/RP was only impressive when they basically copied the Merc concept in the last reg cycle-- and Williams has been bottom tier for the longest. Same with McLaren, they only just put together a decent chassis the last couple years of the regs, and now they've have to start clean sheet. All that said-- it's clear that Ferrari may have a fantastic engine. We'll see how it holds up. It's a long season.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
FOUKRx1X0AIL4OK

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Spending some time comparing Russell's radio to Lewis. It sounds like he's a bit lost in there. His engineer gives him a prep message with a follow up message for switch changes, whereas Lewis it's just a one shot deal. On top of that, he's being told the rotary knob color rather than it's actual function. Ex:
Prep Green 3
Green 3 position 4. Green 3 position 4
Vs
HPP 3 position 4. 3 position 4.
Happens in several circumstances. Also for wing changes he doesn't seem to know. Bono will ask Lewis and he'll have a definite answer. George was like the balance is like this and that, so :manny:. More coaching about the tires during the safety car, like he doesn't know the temperature ranges the tires should be in. He was pretty much being dropped like a bad habit after the restart :mjlol:, his engineer kept saying gaps around the 1.2 second mark but it felt a little bit bigger than that. Lewis started to walk away from him after Checo retired.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Spending some time comparing Russell's radio to Lewis. It sounds like he's a bit lost in there. His engineer gives him a prep message with a follow up message for switch changes, whereas Lewis it's just a one shot deal. On top of that, he's being told the rotary knob color rather than it's actual function. Ex:
Prep Green 3
Green 3 position 4. Green 3 position 4
Vs
HPP 3 position 4. 3 position 4.
Happens in several circumstances. Also for wing changes he doesn't seem to know. Bono will ask Lewis and he'll have a definite answer. George was like the balance is like this and that, so :manny:. More coaching about the tires during the safety car, like he doesn't know the temperature ranges the tires should be in. He was pretty much being dropped like a bad habit after the restart :mjlol:, his engineer kept saying gaps around the 1.2 second mark but it felt a little bit bigger than that. Lewis started to walk away from him after Checo retired.
I don't want to shyt on him yet because it's his first real race at Mercedes. But he should know what he's doing with tires though :francis:

Even though there's a lot more pressure on George now, he actually dodged a bullet with Mercedes not having a dominant car yet. Because then all the Lewis haters, who pray for his downfall, would also be on George's ass like they were on Bottas:heh:

So at least he'll have some time to settle in.