The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Get over it it's a car race cac adventure sport
images

Anyways.......I hope this statement isn't part of some agreement they've made with Mercedes to drop the appeal. I gotta tell you, the longer it goes without confirmation the more nervous I get. They're getting cooked in the comments of the Twitter post and that statement is confirmation they're feeling the heat.

Mercedes HAVE TO twist the blade :snoop:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I expect this to be wrapped up tomorrow. Doesn't make any sense to prolong this any further.

I doubt Masi is going anywhere either. They'll probably restructure his role so he has greater help and only make communications one way between the teams and RD. No one willingly wants to take that job as it is now. Then we'll get some rule revisions to wrap up the loopholes/limits exposed over the year.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I expect this to be wrapped up tomorrow. Doesn't make any sense to prolong this any further.

I doubt Masi is going anywhere either. They'll probably restructure his role so he has greater help and only make communications one way between the teams and RD. No one willingly wants to take that job as it is now. Then we'll get some rule revisions to wrap up the loopholes/limits exposed over the year.
Worried about your boy Max? :stopitslime::comeon:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
We’re just getting started ya’ll. Now they got Neweys wife in on it :russ:

I love when they bring up the engines as if those rules weren’t in place literally because of Honda.

And to say Max deserved it because he led more laps during the season would then mean Lewis deserved to win this race, right? :ohhh:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Worried about your boy Max? :stopitslime::comeon:
:mjlol:

In my opinion, the longer it goes on, the more bad press and attention for all sides. There's no way to put that shyt back in the horse. Nothing to gain.

I think its better for Mercedes to move on to 2022 than concentrate on the past. Wasting money in court and holding on to the 2021 season for dear life doesn't make sense. You've got new regs, new tires, a new driver, etc, etc. coming up.

There's a good chance Red Bull put all of their resources to 2021 anyway. Best way to get payback is embarrassing them from Australia forward.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

In my opinion, the longer it goes on, the more bad press and attention for all sides. There's no way to put that shyt back in the horse. Nothing to gain.

I think its better for Mercedes to move on to 2022 than concentrate on the past. Wasting money in court and holding on to the 2021 season for dear life doesn't make sense. You've got new regs, new tires, a new driver, etc, etc. coming up.

There's a good chance Red Bull put all of their resources to 2021 anyway. Best way to get payback is embarrassing them from Australia forward.

Thats not how this works. Mercedes Benz lost hundreds of millions of dollars to a rigged race. They have a duty to their shareholders to see this through.

Bad luck for you

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Thats not how this works. Mercedes Benz lost hundreds of millions of dollars to a rigged race. They have a duty to their shareholders to see this through.

Bad luck for you
That is exactly how this works.

If your end goal is to pressure the FIA into saying they made a mistake, maybe it'll make fans and maybe the team feel better. Not sure what result you'd get beyond making F1 look bad.

If your goal is to make Lewis the champion, it's not going to happen. There's no way any race results are getting reversed nor is the race going to be invalidated(which wouldn't help Lewis anyway).

calh45

Cal
Daps
We’re just getting started ya’ll. Now they got Neweys wife in on it :russ:

Wanna know how I know they ALL feel guilty about it?

Toto went crowd surfing. Toto's wife (who is a team principal in Formula E) ain't said nothing. Lewis is off getting knighted after the ceremony after saying it's been manipulated and left it at that. I don't know who designs Merc's car, but they ain't popped up saying nothing wild. The only person who's really popped off afterwards was Russell.

Meanwhile, any and all RB fans literally can't stop themselves. If they think they're worthy of it they'd be comfy and wouldn't be saying shyt, but Marko been popping off talking about how Max is gonna win a ton more. The FIA is dropping long winded statements with half ass justifications. Bernie Ecclestone jumped on the news saying wild shyt (I'm sure someone will say "They asked him!!", but he didn't have to take the interview. He came on there looking to justify idiocy.)

The only person who's been quieter than Merc/Toto/Lewis after the fact has been Michael Masi, but I bet his phone is gonna be on airplane mode for the next month and a half because in the most watched race in history he made the entire sporting body look corrupt or racist at worst and at best they look inept as fukk.

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Wanna know how I know they ALL feel guilty about it?

Toto went crowd surfing. Toto's wife (who is a team principal in Formula E) ain't said nothing. Lewis is off getting knighted after the ceremony after saying it's been manipulated and left it at that. I don't know who designs Merc's car, but they ain't popped up saying nothing wild. The only person who's really popped off afterwards was Russell.

Meanwhile, any and all RB fans literally can't stop themselves. If they think they're worthy of it they'd be comfy and wouldn't be saying shyt, but Marko been popping off talking about how Max is gonna win a ton more. The FIA is dropping long winded statements with half ass justifications. Bernie Ecclestone jumped on the news saying wild shyt (I'm sure someone will say "They asked him!!", but he didn't have to take the interview. He came on there looking to justify idiocy.)

The only person who's been quieter than Merc/Toto/Lewis after the fact has been Michael Masi, but I bet his phone is gonna be on airplane mode for the next month and a half because in the most watched race in history he made the entire sporting body look corrupt or racist at worst and at best they look inept as fukk.

These people don't feel one once of guilt about what happened last Sunday... they're just going into overtime to create the narative (basically rewrite history) that Max was a worthy winner and is world champion.

They need to come out in defence of Max because they themselves know that half the world witnessed a robbery

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
That is exactly how this works.

If your end goal is to pressure the FIA into saying they made a mistake, maybe it'll make fans and maybe the team feel better. Not sure what result you'd get beyond making F1 look bad.

If your goal is to make Lewis the champion, it's not going to happen. There's no way any race results are getting reversed nor is the race going to be invalidated(which wouldn't help Lewis anyway).

I don't think you are understanding what's going on.

By the fia changing rules on the fly they are willfully violating the integrity of their own sport.

That violation impacts the hundreds of millions of shareholder dollars invested in Mercedes Benz.

This issue is beyond lewis at this point. .

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
How’s Lewis’s new partner’s driving skills?

I don’t know much about this sport (clearly) just trying to see what we’ll be working with next season.