The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
That's all speculation by crofty.

This is bigger than Lewis.

The fia, by screwing lewis, screwed Mercedes Benz as well. Shareholders will want answers and it's the teams job to maximize profits for shareholders
Thatā€™s precisely the point. There has to be a quid pro quo to assuage Merc shareholders. Toto was lit Sunday night.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Lol, they are just pretending shyt didn't happen.
They're low key acknowledging it, but in a wild ass way. The first link on the F1 website yesterday was a op-ed about how classy Lewis is TREMAYNE: Why Hamiltonā€™s grace and dignity in defeat will only add to his legend | Formula 1Ā® THEN today it's the driver's ranking ALONG with an article about him getting knighted.

They're sneaky trying to kiss his ass to smooth it over while taking advantage of his image right now where everyone thinks highly of him after they fukked him including Red Bull/Max fans. I'm changing my opinion to "they" because there's NO WAY Masi just decided to switch that last lap up without someone higher jumping into his ear because they didn't want the championship ending under a flag. There's no other reason they'd protect him from being Race Director after this entire season of terrible decisions if he wasn't told to do it.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
That's all speculation by crofty.

This is bigger than Lewis.

The fia, by screwing lewis, screwed Mercedes Benz as well. Shareholders will want answers and it's the teams job to maximize profits for shareholders
Yeah, I re-read it and I'm inclined to agree.

The fact that there has been radio silence from the team (the twitter account still says 7x Constructors Champions) means they're taking this seriously. Also, I think they made a big statement with their no-show at the pre-gala event.

The petty side of me wants them to officially announce their appeal right before the gala to spoil the night:lolbron:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Merc skipped the pre-cermony for the FIA awards today.

My take on this is they will say, probably with Red Bull's backing, that Max can remain as champion, but Masi has to go and Mercedes needs to be compensated.

Either way, all will be revealed by tomorrow.

I hope theyā€™re attacking this from an angle of midfield teams being disadvantaged as well instead of just them ā€” Masiā€™s decision made it as if only Max mattered, when Sainz, Yuki, DannyRic and others could have possibly improved positions.

Itā€™s a shame other teams arenā€™t speaking up in an effort to get Masi out immediately.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I hope theyā€™re attacking this from an angle of midfield teams being disadvantaged as well instead of just them ā€” Masiā€™s decision made it as if only Max mattered, when Sainz, Yuki, DannyRic and others could have possibly improved positions.

Itā€™s a shame other teams arenā€™t speaking up in an effort to get Masi out immediately.
Might have helped if that dummy Bottas was actually in the mix and stole 3rd place off Sainz because of it. Then at least Ferrari would have had a real reason to call foul.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Let me add. This isn't a statement of strength.

This is a statement from a body that knows it fukked up, that know Mercedes has time and more money then they do, and are hoping that Mercedes will be placated so their celebrations won't be tarnished and people with stop cussing them.

They are finally realising they seriously fukked up and things haven't blown over like they anticipated.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

"The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident of driver Nicholas Latifi, and the related communications between the FIA Race Direction team and the Formula 1 teams, have notably generated significant misunderstanding and reactions from Formula 1 teams, drivers and fans, an argument that is currently tarnishing the image of the Championship and the due celebration of the first Drivers' World Championship title won by Max Verstappen and the eighth consecutive Constructors' World Championship title won by Mercedes."

MISUNDERSTANDING ???? :mjtf:

These fukkers really trying to gaslight the whole world like we didn't see that shyt with our eyes???:mindblown: