The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

calh45

Cal
Daps
These people don't feel one once of guilt about what happened last Sunday... they're just going into overtime to create the narative (basically rewrite history) that Max was a worthy winner and is world champion.

They need to come out in defence of Max because they themselves know that half the world witnessed a robbery
Even if it's creating a narrative this doesn't need to happen if they feel it's valid. If she actually believed the words she wrote then the entire post is unnecessary. She could've said she's proud. It was a hard fought championship. Both drivers were deserving of it and walked away, but not only did she do that she tried to drop a "This doesn't reflect...." as if we're NOT going to attribute the thoughts of the wife of the guy who's the chief designer of the car back to RBR's opinion on all of this.

RBR is literally a marketing expense of Red Bull and thus far they're all proving to be terrible at managing their own image. I don't know when she wrote this, but I bet it's deleted aka it's even less real words. You can call it creating a narrative. I can feel comfy calling it guilt. Either way they keep talking and it shows they know it's bullshyt.

Lewis is on a mountain top right now thinking about eating food without butter and flavor to get ready for next year meanwhile we KNOW RB fukked off next year in the pursuit of winning this year so not only did they win under bullshyt circumstances, but also it sounds like they're behind Merc, Ferrari, and McLaren.......and maybe even Alpine on development of a new car with new regulations. Max ain't gonna win again next year. He's gonna be the guy in 4th or 5th running people off the track for trying to pass him and yelling about the balance of the car. It'll be a repeat performance of when it was him and Danny Ric at RBR. We remember that guy. He's gonna be back.

calh45

Cal
Daps
How’s Lewis’s new partner’s driving skills?

I don’t know much about this sport (clearly) just trying to see what we’ll be working with next season.

Talented and fast over a single lap.

No one knows how he'll handle being next to Lewis. That's some next level pressure.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
That is exactly how this works.

If your end goal is to pressure the FIA into saying they made a mistake, maybe it'll make fans and maybe the team feel better. Not sure what result you'd get beyond making F1 look bad.

If your goal is to make Lewis the champion, it's not going to happen. There's no way any race results are getting reversed nor is the race going to be invalidated(which wouldn't help Lewis anyway).

Lewis has said in the past he doesn’t want to win a championship in the courts. I’d expect he feels the same. You can’t replace that feeling of winning and celebrating in the paddock.

This fight is about a) holding the FIA accountable and b) making sure it’s clarified that one person can’t willfully (or ignorantly) fix a race to their liking.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
How’s Lewis’s new partner’s driving skills?

I don’t know much about this sport (clearly) just trying to see what we’ll be working with next season.
Russell is formidable. He's cut his teeth among backmarkers driving a bad car and last year in Bahrain he obliterated Bottas even though he was basically a weekend super sub for Mercedes while Lewis was out with covid. I think he may outqualify Lewis but he has some thing to learn being in a frontrunner car I'd expect.

Daps
Reppin
MD
Russell is formidable. He's cut his teeth among backmarkers driving a bad car and last year in Bahrain he obliterated Bottas even though he was basically a weekend super sub for Mercedes while Lewis was out with covid. I think he may outqualify Lewis but he has some thing to learn being in a frontrunner car I'd expect.

i think Russell should be able to challenge Max and Lewis right away. He was fast in f3 and f2. Bahrain Last year opened my eyes to how fast he was. I wish Max didn’t get taken out so we could see a George vs Max race. Bottas stood no chance against George in that race. Even this year, driving that shyt box Williams into q3 a few times. Not many drivers could do that.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
i think Russell should be able to challenge Max and Lewis right away. He was fast in f3 and f2. Bahrain Last year opened my eyes to how fast he was. I wish Max didn’t get taken out so we could see a George vs Max race. Bottas stood no chance against George in that race. Even this year, driving that shyt box Williams into q3 a few times. Not many drivers could do that.
:yeshrug: We don't really know that. His teammates have been a one armed pay driver and a Canadian pay driver.

calh45

Cal
Daps

It's putting too much on anyone to say they're gonna be up with Lewis. Lewis is a prodigious talent. Bahrain was basically an oval track for an F1 car.

His biggest drawback is inability to deal with pressure. Latifi got points in a Williams before Russell did because he botched it when he was in positions to get points.

Lando impresses me more than any of the younger drivers. I think the battle after Lewis leaves will be between Lando and Sainz. Actually, if we're being real that's who I think the three way battle will be between next year. Lewis, Carlos, and Lando.

For me, Charles and Max are too volatile as drivers as in they need perfection aka the whole team behind them and perfect conditions means they'll succeed. Carlos and Lando can be pretty good in most situations and have shown enough driving talent that if they get a car with any sort of balance they're gonna give everyone hell next year.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't think you are understanding what's going on.

By the fia changing rules on the fly they are willfully violating the integrity of their own sport.

That violation impacts the hundreds of millions of shareholder dollars invested in Mercedes Benz.

This issue is beyond lewis at this point. .
Again, what’s the end goal?

Nothing I’ve heard says they want monetary compensation from the FIA.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Again, what’s the end goal?

Nothing I’ve heard says they want monetary compensation from the FIA.

weirdly enuff. Might just be the principle and making them look bad. But that's me. a LOT of BS has gotten pushed to the side in the past, (option 13, spygate etc) so maybe this is where the needle stops

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lewis has said in the past he doesn’t want to win a championship in the courts. I’d expect he feels the same. You can’t replace that feeling of winning and celebrating in the paddock.

This fight is about a) holding the FIA accountable and b) making sure it’s clarified that one person can’t willfully (or ignorantly) fix a race to their liking.
Which is fine. I don’t think they’ll get that by going through the courts. Toto and Co. will put enough pressure on them without it. Those rules will be clarified and fixed.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
weirdly enuff. Might just be the principle and making them look bad. But that's me. a LOT of BS has gotten pushed to the side in the past, (option 13, spygate etc) so maybe this is where the needle stops
That’s pride talking.

The likelihood anybody wants to stop the money train they’ve got going on now is low. Everybody will be putting pressure on Mercedes to drop the issue and handle it privately.