The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
With each passing day it becomes more and more obvious how disgusting that shyt was. Just feels nasty as F1 fan.

Mans held him off for 15+ laps on old tires, and still could not be fxcked with. Lapped 5x guys to close out the race knifing through every last one of them the hard way. On OLD TIRES... That's a career defining exclamation point ass whooping and truly the stuff of legend.

And they took it all away just to orchestrate a more "exciting" finale for casuals for their Netflix show or whatever because they're tired of him winning and they'd rather have their WWE moment. And they have the fxcking nerve to print "End Racism" on the F1 gear. You can't make this shyt up. O wait, I guess you can.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been following F1 for a while. This season was the most exciting that I've ever witnessed. Too bad it ended in a sham and complete injustice. I saw excellence tarnished by inconsistent application of rules - yielding them haphazardly. Lewis is without question the greatest driver in history in all of motorsports. He exemplifies everything you'd want in an athlete - charitable, poised, composed, bold, intelligence, and heart. My heart broke when I saw how they cheated him. This made me hate the sport. I am no longer following the sport.

He had all sorts of disadvantages including:
1. Starting on the dirtier side
2. Starting on the slower tires

And yet his race was simply perfect. He had it in the bag and they manufactured a sham of an ending to take it all away. How utterly unjust.

I was team Max and RBHonda because they were truly underdogs. I wanted Mercedes dominance to end. Not like this. Not like this.

Michael Masi should resign and never direct anything ever again. Where is your morals? You know damn well you helped orchestrate a crime in front of millions. This MF should've adhered to the MF regulations. If he wanted an exciting ending he could have given the go-ahead for backmarkers to unlap 2 laps earlier. I truly believe Liberty Ent. made that call to put this fix in the last second.

Fck the FIA, F1, and Liberty for this injustice.

Even in all this, Lewis displayed grace, humility and regal vigor of a champion. He knows that he is the champion.

As for Max - he will always have this hanging over him for the rest of his life. He knows in his heart of heart that he had no right raising that trophy.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Somebody on Reddit picked up on the wording in 15.3 that I did, where the Race Director can override the clerk of the course.

That doesn't read to me like Masi can override the Sporting Regulations. Mercedes should get in the FIA's ass over this. They both applied their rules incorrectly, but interpreted them incorrectly to justify the action.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What a valuable lesson though, on how these people rewrite history. In ten years this will probably be the story of young plucky Max who never gave up and was able to overcome the impossible fair and square. The brilliance of Lewis' drive will be forgotten. The only memory will be a last lap overtake with no context.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
What a valuable lesson though, on how these people rewrite history. In ten years this will probably be the story of young plucky Max who never gave up and was able to overcome the impossible fair and square. The brilliance of Lewis' drive will be forgotten. The only memory will be a last lap overtake with no context.

You ain't wrong, but I don't know if this instance will fly. It ain't going to go away

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I don't understand how you can appeal to the guys that purposely screwed you over. They aren't going to have a change of heart. If there isn't an objective 3rd party handling that shyt it's a waste of money.

Comments like this make me realize the real parallel to when us regular brehs get fukked over by the system...and we have to appeal to the system.

I don't think the decision was racially motivated (just ineptitude). But it's very very hard to ignore this angle and feeling with such comparisons. What a mess

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Comments like this make me realize the real parallel to when us regular brehs get fukked over by the system...and we have to appeal to the system.

I don't think the decision was racially motivated (just ineptitude). But it's very very hard to ignore this angle and feeling with such comparisons. What a mess
I don't think what Masi did was racially motivated either. I do think that the whole push for a new champion was riding on a wave of racial subtext. So that push made it easier to excuse Max's bullshyt throughout the year when Red Bull proved a viable challenger. Now when F1 "needs" a new champion, the stars align at the end of the race to make it happen, and then F1 made decisions purely based on the show to force the last lap massacre - can't call it a shootout if only one party has a gun. And to be clear, Latifi isn't at fault because anyone could have crashed.