The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Checked in with some work colleagues today.

They are cacs.

They are more pissed off than I am. Like cussing up a storm at the bullshyt.
One thing about British people is they know and call out some bs when they see it, everywhere Ive looked they sound like they post in this very thread with us.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Don't follow the sport really so one thing one of y'all needs to explain to me is this: how can you be mad that this guy only won because he had the faster car/better tires in the last lap when the outcome of pretty much every race and every championship is determined by who has the faster car/better engine? :dwillhuh:

Like, how can you feel pride for a guy winning all these championships that way but then feel he was robbed because he had a worse car in the final lap of this one? Doesn't that invalidate the entire sport? Doesn't it show that they should just have all drivers drive in the same car?:hubie:
:snoop:OMD

Daps
Don't follow the sport really so one thing one of y'all needs to explain to me is this: how can you be mad that this guy only won because he had the faster car/better tires in the last lap when the outcome of pretty much every race and every championship is determined by who has the faster car/better engine? :dwillhuh:

Like, how can you feel pride for a guy winning all these championships that way but then feel he was robbed because he had a worse car in the final lap of this one? Doesn't that invalidate the entire sport? Doesn't it show that they should just have all drivers drive in the same car?:hubie:

Go back to Bed. This thread clearly isn't for you.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

F1 is a formula, there are a set of rules, everyone interprets the rules and some cars have an advantage and some don't. Eventually there is a point when competitors have equal cars.

From the time F1 has existed a team has had the better car. So that's not a point of discussion. That's the nature of F1.

To your other question, the issue wasnt the scenario you described where someone lucks into the better tyres and wins a race. Those scenarios happen.

The issue is that the scenario was manipulated to clear lapped cars between Lewis and Max, while they were not cleared between anyone else in the race. The rule book is clear about those situations, unlap all or none of the cars. Only the cars between Lewis and Max were unlapped.

Also when a safety car is cleared, racing begins on the following lap. Those are the rules in black and white.

The race director ignored the long-standing rules in the sport to create a spectacle.

If Max had cleared the lapped cars between him and Hamilton and won, no one would be saying Lewis was robbed.

If all the cars were allowed to unlap the race would have finished behind the safety car.

Hopefully you are clear now as to why we are upset.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
F1 is a formula, there are a set of rules, everyone interprets the rules and some cars have an advantage and some don't. Eventually there is a point when competitors have equal cars.

From the time F1 has existed a team has had the better car. So that's not a point of discussion. That's the nature of F1.

To your other question, the issue wasnt the scenario you described where someone lucks into the better tyres and wins a race. Those scenarios happen.

The issue is that the scenario was manipulated to clear lapped cars between Lewis and Max, while they were not cleared between anyone else in the race. The rule book is clear about those situations, unlap all or none of the cars. Only the cars between Lewis and Max were unlapped.

Also when a safety car is cleared, racing begins on the following lap. Those are the rules in black and white.

The race director ignored the long-standing rules in the sport to create a spectacle.

If Max had cleared the lapped cars between him and Hamilton and won, no one would be saying Lewis was robbed.

If all the cars were allowed to unlap the race would have finished behind the safety car.

Hopefully you are clear now as to why we are upset.
Ok, I agree he was robbed but I stand by the point that the sport doesn't make sense. It's like boxing without weight classes. Or tennis with men and women playing against each other. :yeshrug:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's not about the car, it's about the fact that they clearly broke a rule to give Verstappen a chance to overtake him on the last lap. If Verstappen would have had the faster car yesterday, nobody would complain :yeshrug:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, I agree he was robbed but I stand by the point that the sport doesn't make sense. It's like boxing without weight classes. Or tennis with men and women playing against each other. :yeshrug:
It's not, but if you don't understand the sport, there is no point in trying to explain it to you. I don't understand baseball, so I'm not giving opinions on baseball matches :yeshrug:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermƩ

This is the other problem with this shyt. Casual fans or people just tuning in because of the hype wonā€™t grasp the gravity of what happened yesterday. People want Lewis to take this on the chin because he already has so many titles, but itā€™s a lot deeper than that.

Like, youā€™re literally watching a black man dominate a sport that as a kid the other parents would make racist remarks against, who was clowned with black face at a races and had banana peels thrown at him. A sport in which he was never really welcomed, despite this he persevered and slugged it all the way to the top forcing people to respect his talents and even still people want to deny heā€™s in the running for the GOAT despite destroying all other metrics. Going up against and beating drivers who were in contention for the possible GOAT in his first season in the sport. You watched him get robbed on live tv and be told to basically to shut the fukk up about it.

Iā€™m not taking anything away from Max, heā€™s an amazing talent who really did nothing wrong in yesterdayā€™s situation. However, what Massi did that last lap was a fukking travesty. Never before has this happened in a F1 race ever, but somehow itā€™s ok. They blatantly broke their own rules, investigated themselves and found themselves not guilty. Guess what other institution does shyt like this? Guess what kind of people suffers the most from decisions like these? I really donā€™t need to show the parallels here.

To think this could have been not just #8 but #10 or #11 for him. This stings, but weā€™ve been here before. I just need Merc to nail these regs with evenly matched cars like this year. Thereā€™s no long COVID to save them at the beginning of the season. Itā€™s gonna be a massacre.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just want that smug grin wiped off Hornerā€™s face. Honestly despise that little man with his ran-through old spice girl hanging on his arm

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the other problem with this shyt. Casual fans or people just tuning in because of the hype wonā€™t grasp the gravity of what happened yesterday. People want Lewis to take this on the chin because he already has so many titles, but itā€™s a lot deeper than that.

Like, youā€™re literally watching a black man dominate a sport that as a kid the other parents would make racist remarks against, who was clowned with black face at a races and had banana peels thrown at him. A sport in which he was never really welcomed, despite this he persevered and slugged it all the way to the top forcing people to respect his talents and even still people want to deny heā€™s in the running for the GOAT despite destroying all other metrics. Going up against and beating drivers who were in contention for the possible GOAT in his first season in the sport. You watched him get robbed on live tv and be told to basically to shut the fukk up about it.

Iā€™m not taking anything away from Max, heā€™s an amazing talent who really did nothing wrong in yesterdayā€™s situation. However, what Massi did that last lap was a fukking travesty. Never before has this happened in a F1 race ever, but somehow itā€™s ok. They blatantly broke their own rules, investigated themselves and found themselves not guilty. Guess what other institution does shyt like this? Guess what kind of people suffers the most from decisions like these? I really donā€™t need to show the parallels here.

To think this could have been not just #8 but #10 or #11 for him. This stings, but weā€™ve been here before. I just need Merc to nail these regs with evenly matched cars like this year. Thereā€™s no long COVID to save them at the beginning of the season. Itā€™s gonna be a massacre.
Truth

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In Germany, most experts, who largely favoured Verstappen throughout the season, but soured on him in the last couple of races because of his overly agressive driving, consider yesterdays decision a farce. Ralf Schumacher and Timo Glock were diplomatic and called the decision "unusual" during the broadcast, but the editors of Germanies largest motorsport magazine were completely pissed in their post race stream and called it an embarassing finsih to an epic season. One of them said, Liberty Media turned F1 into wrestling yesterday.

That's exactly what they did! I said it in a private coli based group chat yesterday that if i wanted to watch sports entertainment i'd watch WWE or the NBA playoffs because at least then I know i'm walking into fiction off the bat.

I'm sorry to all my American bredrins in here (this isn't directed at you personally) but you man ALWAYS ruin sports when you get ownership of it. Every non US sport you touch, you man are cancers to it. You lot (not you lot, i'm talking the American owners, financers etc) just can't grasp that the best form of entertainment for the fans is when a sport is competitive based on legit skill based competition not soap opera dramatic theatrics. F1 is inherently gonna have fuccery in it because its basically a death sport and you have to be half psycho to be a driver...it doesn't need manufactured stories, the people working in it are tapped enough as it is smfh.