The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

calh45

Cal
Daps
Oh brother, stop being so dramatic.

You're right, Max is never going to live down being an F1 champion. Good for him. No one should.

Maybe if Lewis and Mercedes had been on point earlier in the season like they were since Brazil, we wouldn't be having this conversation but when you leave things to chance, the outcomes can be negative.
I'm being dramatic by telling you history of the sport?

If you don't wanna discuss it just don't reply to me then, but it's the fukking truth. You haven't heard them bringing up Prost-Senna all week? You haven't heard the stories about Schumacher wrecking folks? They still bring up Nico Rosberg and how he won the year he won? Don't throw no insults at me because you're cool about not paying attention. It's how the history of the actual sport is documented. People remember when wild shyt happens. That's LITERALLY how it works.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

If you don't wanna discuss it just don't reply to me then, but it's the fukking truth. You haven't heard them bringing up Prost-Senna all week? You haven't heard the stories about Schumacher wrecking folks? They still bring up Nico Rosberg and how he won the year he won? Don't throw no insults at me because you're cool about not paying attention. It's how the history of the actual sport is documented. People remember when wild shyt happens. That's LITERALLY how it works.
I know the history of the sport. I watched the race at Jerez. And the race at Suzuka with Senna-Prost.

Guess what? Most likely Max isn't getting DSQ'd for anything. It might be unfair, it might be controversial, but the record books will reflect one thing.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh brother, stop being so dramatic.

You're right, Max is never going to live down being an F1 champion. Good for him. No one should.

Maybe if Lewis and Mercedes had been on point earlier in the season like they were since Brazil, we wouldn't be having this conversation but when you leave things to chance, the outcomes can be negative.
He is right though. Senna-Prost is still discussed. This ending will continue to be discussed. It won't change anything though.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He is right though. Senna-Prost is still discussed. This ending will continue to be discussed. It won't change anything though.
As it should be. This race will be talked about for years to come. It was extremely controversial.

My point is, if he's crowned champion, no one is going to take that away from him. "Never living it down" implies Max did something egregiously wrong. He didn't.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As it should be. This race will be talked about for years to come. It was extremely controversial.

My point is, if he's crowned champion, no one is going to take that away from him. "Never living it down" implies Max did something egregiously wrong. He didn't.
That is correct as well. Max did what he was allowed to do, and he won. No way you can blame him

calh45

Cal
Daps
I know the history of the sport. I watched the race at Jerez. And the race at Suzuka with Senna-Prost.

Guess what? Most likely Max isn't getting DSQ'd for anything. It might be unfair, it might be controversial, but the record books will reflect one thing.

You may not, but people remember. There's a reason why people kept bringing up Senna-Prost. I remember when Schumacher tried to wreck Jacque Villesnueve.

Max isn't going to live this down. It will be known as a gift from the FIA/Michael Masi forever regardless of what happens with the court battle.

Reread what I typed. I ain't say nothing about DSQ'd. I ain't say nothing about it being undone. You came at me dramatically bro. Go find someone else's post to eyeroll at. I know what I said is true.

Max will forever have to deal with questions about this decision. That's just what is going to happen ESPECIALLY if he doesn't win another one after this and Lewis does.

Exactly.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tell you what though.

White people have closed ranks around this.

Jackie Stewart
David Coulthard
Martin Brundle
Jensen Button

Every one is closing ranks and trying to brush the farce under the carpet and pretend this is motor racing.

I will note this well. :mjpls:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

Agreed. The essence of F1 is its history. This is the first year I can recall that governing body was in the business of selecting winners and losers and took a shyt on that history. The irony is that the rivalry this year will hold up over time but that title will be perceived as dog shyt.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
British Cacs celebrating Lewis loss, sad to see. He's your countrymen.

Like who? The presenters on SkySportsF1 are being middle of the road about it as they should because they canā€™t show bias.

I know David Beckham who normally has backed Lewis before posted congrats to Max, but that guy has been a corporate sellout (see the Qatar World Cup) for years now and I donā€™t think he sees eye to eye with Lewis. Ultimately they can back whoever though , itā€™s not tribalism anymore.

But he whole thing is dodgy. Iā€™ve been watching F1 since middle 90ā€™s but my interest has been waining and this season has had too much BS surrounding it. Iā€™ve not even watched a race live due to the BS but I watch the catch up.

Horner put pressure on Masi, SC crap and the nudging ahead of Verts car was BS. It should be overturned. But I highly doubt the FIA will overturn this just to save face.

Mercedes and Lewis should walk next year. At this stage donā€™t even know why Lewis would jump straight in again.

Last edited:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like who? The presenters on SkySportsF1 are being middle of the road about it as they should because they canā€™t show bias.

I mean the whole thing is dodgy. Iā€™ve been watching F1 since middle 90ā€™s but my interest has been waining and this season has had too much BS surrounding it. Iā€™ve not even watched a race live due to the BS but I watch the catch up.

Horner put pressure on Masi, SC crap and the nudging ahead of Verts car was BS. It should be overturned. But I highly doubt the FIA will overturn this just to save face.

Mercedes and Lewis should walk next year. At this stage donā€™t even know why Lewis would jump straight in again.
Daily Mail Comments.