The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right that the correct decision was to end the race behind the safety car, BUT if he wanted to make it about what happens on the track I don't think Merc would fight like they're going to fight this decision, if he red flagged with a few laps to go and everyone got tires and said "let's do it on the track"

I genuinely don't think Merc would have a beef with the red flag because honestly Lewis would've won that too. He made the only decisions (plural/multiple choices) that could've resulted in Lewis losing the championship. It wasn't just one thing he skipped past. He ignored two different rules to allow Max to get right behind Lewis on fresh tires and when called out by it he just threw out "It's about motorsport" to Toto. At that point it's not incompetence or panicking to me. That was a purposely made decision.
I think that was just being defensiveness when he knew he made a wrong decision but couldn't do anything about it anymore and had no argument to defend himself. Anyways whether or not it was intentional, he produced a situation that no matter the outcome of Mercs protest, this years title is severely tainted.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Taking his dirty driving and Red Bull constant whining and unfair attitude out if the equation, I think a reasonable argument can be made, that Max was the better driver this year and Red Bull was the overall better package. Both Merc and Lewis made too many mistakes this season. Today was a disastrously wrong decision, but if Lewis hadn't pushed the brake magic in Baku or Merc wouldn't have fukked up the strategy time and time again, he wouldn't even have been in this situation. Merc only found back to their old form in the last four races of the season (and they arguably fukked up the strategy again today).
Yeah, I think people feel like he got cheated in Silverstone and Baku, which is why they say Max deserved it. I get their point. Max has been the more consistent driver this season. On the other hand, there's no such thing as "deserve" in my book, still have to get the most points.

People were mad at me calling him a generational talent all season but I think he proved my point. :yeshrug:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doesnt matter, you have to be consistent when it matters. Lewis outpaced him with on older tired for 30 laps on the race day where it mattered the most
Me saying he was more consistent is in no way me saying he was the better driver.

jmg30

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've followed F1 when Hamilton started his career.. there's been so much gaslighting on ham .. but today was some wild sh*t how can any rbr fan or max fan think this race was deserved I don't know. I'll probably follow if ham races next year ... But I'll just follow results. I ain't watching late bum rushing max .. that ham and Perez duel was clƔssic only good thing in the race and the dominance of ham driving today.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Max was more consistent. It should be noted that he was imperious this year but still nearlygot washed from an imperfect Hamilton and a lackadaisical Mercedes.

Since Brazil Red bull have been scared shytless. Lewis has another gear that Max can't reach without questionable tactics.

Even this race, they bluffed their race pace in FP2 in an effort to get Merc on the soft tyres. They were grasping at straws.
Yes but he had a number of dnfs whitout which he would have won the title a couple of races ago. I really dislike Verstappen, Marko and Horner (and Red Bull because their owner Dietrich Mateschitz is basically a fascist) but if we're being honest, Merc cost themselves the title this year.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Me saying he was more consistent is in no way me saying he was the better driver.

Oh I dont even mean in it "better driver" sense.

I just see too many fans say this driver deserves this or that and championships arent given out to those who deserve

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Doesnt matter, you have to be consistent when it matters. Lewis outpaced him with on older tired for 30 laps on the race day where it mattered the most
Exactly. A championship is won or lost over a season. Lewis raced CLEANLY all season. And when the team needed him to be special, he was. It doesnā€™t matter who you support, any one with proper sporting spirit should be disgusted by this manufactured result.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Yeah, I think people feel like he got cheated in Silverstone and Baku, which is why they say Max deserved it. I get their point. Max has been the more consistent driver this season. On the other hand, there's no such thing as "deserve" in my book, still have to get the most points.

People were mad at me calling him a generational talent all season but I think he proved my point. :yeshrug:
:ehh: Yet had the rules in the F1 sporting code been adhered to, he would have lost. He didnā€™t win it on track. It was a manufactured victory.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes but he had a number of dnfs whitout which he would have won the title a couple of races ago. I really dislike Verstappen, Marko and Horner (and Red Bull because their owner Dietrich Mateschitz is basically a fascist) but if we're being honest, Merc cost themselves the title this year.
DNFs are a part of racing. It happens.

Lewis woke up in 2016 and was kicking Rosberg's ass until Malaysia. Rosberg was the champ. I don't count DNFs.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:ehh: Yet had the rules in the F1 sporting code been adhered to, he would have lost. He didnā€™t win it on track. It was a manufactured victory.
You put asterisks all over it if you want. I don't think many are going to care come March next year. I barely care now. That race result isn't changing.

Max won and Lewis still has 7 championships and damn near the every record in the book. Lewis put it all on the line and didn't catch a break. That's life sometimes.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DNFs are a part of racing. It happens.

Lewis woke up in 2016 and was kicking Rosberg's ass until Malaysia. Rosberg was the champ. I don't count DNFs.
I'm just saying he didn't almost get washed. He was comfortably leading the championship despite having more DNFs than Lewis until Merc started their end of season run with four races to go. He would have gotten washed if Lewis and Merc had been in this form from the start of the season, but they weren't.

calh45

Cal
Daps
You put asterisks all over it if you want. I don't think many are going to care come March next year. I barely care now. That race result isn't changing.

Max won and Lewis still has 7 championships and damn near the every record in the book. Lewis put it all on the line and didn't catch a break. That's life sometimes.

You may not, but people remember. There's a reason why people kept bringing up Senna-Prost. I remember when Schumacher tried to wreck Jacque Villesnueve.

Max isn't going to live this down. It will be known as a gift from the FIA/Michael Masi forever regardless of what happens with the court battle.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You may not, but people remember. There's a reason why people kept bringing up Senna-Prost. I remember when Schumacher tried to wreck Jacque Villesnueve.

Max isn't going to live this down. It will be known as a gift from the FIA/Michael Masi forever regardless of what happens with the court battle.
Oh brother, stop being so dramatic.

You're right, Max is never going to live down being an F1 champion. Good for him. No one should.

Maybe if Lewis and Mercedes had been on point earlier in the season like they were since Brazil, we wouldn't be having this conversation but when you leave things to chance, the outcomes can be negative.