The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I just think he didn't do it on purpose, he panicked. Red flagging the race would have also been wrong, since the crash wasn't so bad you had to stop the race. I don't even know if the rules allow for the race to be red flagged and resumed with just one lap to go or of he would have had to completely end it in that case. The correct decision would have been to let all the cars unlap themselves and end the race behind the safety car.
If you can red flag a quailify session for a minor incident like they did yesterday surely he couldā€™ve did the same today .

he just chose the one way that is illegal and causes the biggest controversy

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Toto needs to be quiet and give Lewis a car to race with from the start of the season. Just get revenge next year. The entire world saw this farce for what it is. Even Max fans are laughing at the craziness.
It's not that easy. I think Ferrari is my favorite to have the best car next season.

Regardless, nothing will change the result of this race.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
People are misinterpreting what i'm saying. in a court case wouldn't there have to be an agreement that Lewis would have won 100% of the time? Not 99.999% of the time? To actually crown him as champion?
No there doesn't.

The law doesn't require that every possible outcome is considered. It works on reasonableness

Otherwise nobody would ever be found guilty of anything because then everyone would just come up with outrageous permutations and hypotheticals to get out of a jam.

"Yeah, I know you saw somebody with my face holding the gun and shooting the victim on camera, but are you 100% certain that I don't have a long-lost twin brother who did it? :troll:"

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This whole rhetoric of Max deserved it... No he didnt :mindblown:

Yes they had a good back and forth this year and this was a decider but on the day Lewis outclassed him all day long :mindblown:

Got the jump on him at the start of the race
Ended in comfortable 20 sec lead
Perez tried to help him out... Still widened the gap again
Mercedes and Lewis were showing concern that Max had about 10 laps where he could really make up ground on fresh tyres
Lewis was still pushing harder tham him and clocking better times :mindblown:

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
I just think he didn't do it on purpose, he panicked. Red flagging the race would have also been wrong, since the crash wasn't so bad you had to stop the race. I don't even know if the rules allow for the race to be red flagged and resumed with just one lap to go or of he would have had to completely end it in that case. The correct decision would have been to let all the cars unlap themselves and end the race behind the safety car.

You're right that the correct decision was to end the race behind the safety car, BUT if he wanted to make it about what happens on the track I don't think Merc would fight like they're going to fight this decision, if he red flagged with a few laps to go and everyone got tires and said "let's do it on the track"

I genuinely don't think Merc would have a beef with the red flag because honestly Lewis would've won that too. He made the only decisions (plural/multiple choices) that could've resulted in Lewis losing the championship. It wasn't just one thing he skipped past. He ignored two different rules to allow Max to get right behind Lewis on fresh tires and when called out by it he just threw out "It's about motorsport" to Toto. At that point it's not incompetence or panicking to me. That was a purposely made decision.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thia whole rhetoric of Max deserved it... No he didnt :mindblown:

Yes they had a good back and forth this year and this was a decider but on the day Lewis outclassed him all day long :mindblown:

Mercedes and Lewis were showing concern that Max had about 10 laps where he could really make up ground on fresh tyres
Taking his dirty driving and Red Bull constant whining and unfair attitude out if the equation, I think a reasonable argument can be made, that Max was the better driver this year and Red Bull was the overall better package. Both Merc and Lewis made too many mistakes this season. Today was a disastrously wrong decision, but if Lewis hadn't pushed the brake magic in Baku or Merc wouldn't have fukked up the strategy time and time again, he wouldn't even have been in this situation. Merc only found back to their old form in the last four races of the season (and they arguably fukked up the strategy again today).

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bad for the sport but for next season... i bet it's actually good for the sport... Can you imagine the hype for next season now? Through the roof..
Breh...stfu, that's not the point...this is why they did the last lap like they did, because they know clownboot f1 fans like you would get sucked into the spectacle and gas up the bullsh't and they could ultimatelyget away with it, foh :gucci:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Taking his dirty driving and Red Bull constant whining and unfair attitude out if the equation, I think a reasonable argument can be made, that Max was the better driver this year and Red Bull was the overall better package. Both Merc and Lewis made too many mistakes this season. Today was a disastrously wrong decision, but if Lewis hadn't pushed the brake magic in Baku or Merc wouldn't have fukked up the strategy time and time again, he wouldn't even have been in this situation. Merc only found back to their old form in the last four races of the season (and they arguably fukked up the strategy again today).
Max was more consistent. It should be noted that he was imperious this year but still nearlygot washed from an imperfect Hamilton and a lackadaisical Mercedes.

Since Brazil Red bull have been scared shytless. Lewis has another gear that Max can't reach without questionable tactics.

Even this race, they bluffed their race pace in FP2 in an effort to get Merc on the soft tyres. They were grasping at straws.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Thia whole rhetoric of Max deserved it... No he didnt :mindblown:

I never got the whole "deserve talk"

Did the 2007 Patriots deserve to win the superbowl

Did the 2017 Warriors deserve to win the NBA championship

Deserved=participation trophy nonsense.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Max was more consistent. It should be noted that he was imperious this year but still got washed from and imperfect Hamilton and a lackadaisical Mercedes.

Since Brazil Redvbull have been scared shytless. Lewis has another gear that Max can't reach without questionable tactics.

Doesnt matter, you have to be consistent when it matters. Lewis outpaced him with on older tired for 30 laps on the race day where it mattered the most