The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

calh45

Cal
Daps
Then you would lose the court battle..
You sucked me back in because courts don't work the way you think either.

Lawyers can't just throw out random claims unless they have a reason for it to be plausible. A lawyer telling a judge that Lewis wouldn't finish the lap means they would need to have PROOF he wasn't going to finish the lap, which would be impossible, because he actually finished the lap.

You're not right about any of this.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are misinterpreting what i'm saying. in a court case wouldn't there have to be an agreement that Lewis would have won 100% of the time? Not 99.999% of the time? To actually crown him as champion?
What happened on the track won't be changed to facilitate this. So no, nothing will happen. At most, FIA blame Masi for going rogue and fire him, but nothing changes.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. I think he gave one to Lewis at the start of the race to be honest. I don't question his integrity but rather his competence. You cannot, as the race director, get bullied into making/reversing a decision by any team principal.
Yes, he fukked up today. Although I think the decision at the start of the race was the correct one. They should have made it clear to Verstappen way earlier that he can't just push people of the track.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
i'm saying if they had a final lap ... not under safety reg.
Why would Lewis fail to complete a lap under the safety car when he managed to finish under racing conditions? I get what you're saying but this argument doesn't hold water.

The last lap was spoiled. Simple solution is to reduce the race by one lap and classify according to the positions at the end of that lap.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You sucked me back in because courts don't work the way you think either.

Lawyers can't just throw out random claims unless they have a reason for it to be plausible. A lawyer telling a judge that Lewis wouldn't finish the lap means they would need to have PROOF he wasn't going to finish the lap, which would be impossible, because he actually finished the lap.

You're not right about any of this.

But if you invalidate the final lap.. then it means it didn't happen. So you'd have to call Lewis the winner without there being a final lap.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I'm not defending Masi, just saying that he didn't intentionally rig the race. If I was him, I would have told the safety car to stay out until all the cars unlapped themselves, which would have taken one lap and by then the race would have been over. If Red Bull complained, he could have told them that they got what they wanted so they need to shut up:yeshrug:

The post below is why it's rigged. If he wanted it to simply be about "motorsport" then he red flags everything and allows both cars to put on fresh tires and sprint for 3-5 laps to decide it all. He purposely chose the significantly worst option for Lewis and claimed it was for the sport and all of the non-RBR drivers reactions confirm it was nuts.

Either way don't miss this either. The rules say, the safety car goes in and the cars race on the following lap.

The race should have been over either way, behind the safety car. If they wanted drama, they should have red flagged the race.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are misinterpreting what i'm saying. in a court case wouldn't there have to be an agreement that Lewis would have won 100% of the time? Not 99.999% of the time? To actually crown him as champion?
No, there would just have to be a decision that what happened was against the rules, so the last lap doesn't count and the final result is the order of the lap before the safety car was deployed.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why would Lewis fail to complete a lap under the safety car when he managed to finish under racing conditions? I get what you're saying but this argument doesn't hold water.

The last lap was spoiled. Simple solution is to reduce the race by one lap and classify according to the positions at the end of that lap.

i just don't see them handing the trophy to Lewis in that fashion. Maybe i'm wrong and you guys are right ... but i don't see them doing it.

And at this point.. Lewis would NOT want it that way...

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow. Reports are Mercedes took a lawyer to the stewards.

This is going to get ugly. The fact that Toto hasn't said anything means he is not happy at all.

And Toto has fukk you money. He was worth nearly half a billi BEFORE he took over Merc.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
But if you invalidate the final lap.. then it means it didn't happen. So you'd have to call Lewis the winner without there being a final lap.
There would be a final lap..Lap 57

the only way it doesn’t happen is if Mercedes tries to not take it there or the FIA doesn’t consent to the arbitration . The breach of rules is that clear .

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The post below is why it's rigged. If he wanted it to simply be about "motorsport" then he red flags everything and allows both cars to put on fresh tires and sprint for 3-5 laps to decide it all. He purposely chose the significantly worst option for Lewis and claimed it was for the sport and all of the non-RBR drivers reactions confirm it was nuts.
I just think he didn't do it on purpose, he panicked. Red flagging the race would have also been wrong, since the crash wasn't so bad you had to stop the race. I don't even know if the rules allow for the race to be red flagged and resumed with just one lap to go or of he would have had to completely end it in that case. The correct decision would have been to let all the cars unlap themselves and end the race behind the safety car.

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
Wow. Reports are Mercedes took a lawyer to the stewards.

This is going to get ugly. The fact that Toto hasn't said anything means he is not happy at all.

And Toto has fukk you money. He was worth nearly half a billi BEFORE he took over Merc.

And as they should do, never seen anything more shambolic that what just occurred on that final lap :snoop: