The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This is stan talk breh. :russ:

Regardless, people don’t talk about Max’s mistakes because the expectations aren’t as high for him as they are for Lewis. That makes perfect sense given Lewis’s performance in the hybrid era.
That’s fine. Then why not counter with Max’s “classic” drive to hallmark what might be his first championship winning run?

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I think that’s just a way to make excuses for the mistakes Lewis and Merc have made. He’s been driving just fine. This is simply a part of all sports. No one is perfect.
How are you feeling about tomorrow? P4 may not be such a bad place to start from at Sochi. Even with a semi-decent start he can win this.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How are you feeling about tomorrow? P4 may not be such a bad place to start from at Sochi. Even with a semi-decent start he can win this.
I can't see how he doesn't win? Pass or not, the Merc had monstrous race pace compared to all the cars in front it. Should be a matter of patience and not screwing up.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I can't see how he doesn't win? Pass or not, the Merc had monstrous race pace compared to all the cars in front it. Should be a matter of patience and not screwing up.

This and getting to the front before Max carves his way through the pack.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This and getting to the front before Max carves his way through the pack.
Actually not too worried about Max, even if he finished 3rd he loses the lead. Merc have the race pace to control this race pretty well, like everything else, they just need to try to not screw it up.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That’s fine. Then why not counter with Max’s “classic” drive to hallmark what might be his first championship winning run?
Most of his win margins have ranged from 17-35 seconds which looking at it, is pretty damn impressive. He hasn't really been in a position to go wheel to wheel for a win very often.

If I had to pick one for Max this season, it would be France as he had to fight both Mercedes and didn't end up passing Lewis until the very end. :ld:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Funny you asked that. I completely agree. I looked at it like starting P2. He’ll have a nice slip stream behind slower cars. I’m just concerned he’ll get caught up in Turn 1 fukkery trying to ‘undo’ his qualifying error. God forbid he connects with George. Can you imagine the headlines?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Most of his win margins have ranged from 17-35 seconds which looking at it, is pretty damn impressive. He hasn't really been in a position to go wheel to wheel for a win very often.

If I had to pick one for Max this season, it would be France as he had to fight both Mercedes and didn't end up passing Lewis until the very end. :ld:
Fair. But even in France the talking point post race was how Merc failed Lewis strategy wise even though he put in the work to win.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Funny you asked that. I completely agree. I looked at it like starting P2. He’ll have a nice slip stream behind slower cars. I’m just concerned he’ll get caught up in Turn 1 fukkery trying to ‘undo’ his qualifying error. God forbid he connects with George. Can you imagine the headlines?
I don't think George is going to put up a fight. The Williams doesn't have enough pace to make it worth his while, it's better for him to concede on the first lap melee and then try to hang onto positions from there. Sainz is the unknown quantity for me.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't think George is going to put up a fight. The Williams doesn't have enough pace to make it worth his while, it's better for him to concede on the first lap melee and then try to hang onto positions from there. Sainz is the unknown quantity for me.
Sainz's issue is that the Ferrari has no straightline speed is comparison to the Mercedes-powered cars. If Lewis gets past George on the first lap, Norris and Sainz will be caught eventually.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Merc have given Bottas a new engine and he starts in front of Max.

:francis:

This tells me that Mercedes are desperate. What a stupid decision.

Actually makes me want them to DNF in the race at this stage.

Last edited:

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Merc have given Bottas a new engine and he starts in front of Max.

:francis:

This tells me that Mercedes are desperate. What a stupid decision.

Actually makes me want them to DNF in the race at this stage.

Stupid decision in terms of the constructors? Or in terms of holding max up?

If it's the latter, then surely this is a good tactic to ensure max stays out of the points?

You could argue about the ethics of it all but red bull taking a new engine when they had a grid penalty is also a bit underhand so it all balances out in my opinion