The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stupid decision in terms of the constructors? Or in terms of holding max up?

If it's the latter, then surely this is a good tactic to ensure max stays out of the points?

You could argue about the ethics of it all but red bull taking a new engine when they had a grid penalty is also a bit underhand so it all balances out in my opinion

The ethics of it bothers me. Teams have always taken new engines when they had grid penalties to minimise the impact.

To me this just feels like desperation. And Bottas isn't the person you want in front of Verstappen trying to drive to a delta.

I was critical of red bull when they sacrificed a point for Perez to help Max, and I am critical of Mercedes here. If it backfires, they are going to look like idiots.

Last edited:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
The ethics of it bothers me. Teams have always taken new engines when they had grid penalties to minimise the impact.

To me this just feels like desperation. And Bottas isn't the person you want in front of Verstappen trying to drive to a delta.

I was critical of red bull when they sacrificed a point for Perez to help Max, and I am critical of Mercedes here. If it backfires, they are going to look like idiots.
Yeah, this is screwy. Don't throw away Bottas' last races with the team, especially when he was in position for points. And what's the point of cost cap if you can keep taking engines.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
So Merc have given Bottas a new engine and he starts in front of Max.

:francis:

This tells me that Mercedes are desperate. What a stupid decision.

Actually makes me want them to DNF in the race at this stage.
Yes they’re desperate

Their strategic mistakes and Lewis starting his Larry Holmes gardens application has put them in this position

Deep down they know what nikkas scared to admit . Max>Lewis this year

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Stupid decision in terms of the constructors? Or in terms of holding max up?

If it's the latter, then surely this is a good tactic to ensure max stays out of the points?

You could argue about the ethics of it all but red bull taking a new engine when they had a grid penalty is also a bit underhand so it all balances out in my opinion
:mjlol: That would require Bottas to actually be a good defender. Sadly I can foresee Max whisking right past him with minimal fuss.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

What's new? They're masters of outthinking themselves trying to be "clever".