The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Were his results in the Toro Rosso that good, relative to the car? Genuine question because I don't know. Regardless, Red Bull has been a top 3 team since he got in, so solid results are to be expected. And people are going to make arguments against everything Lewis does and that's an easy refrain they like to use to try and dispell his results.
Yes, both he and Sainz were very good at Toro Rosso. Sainz is criminally underrated but maybe that's for another thread.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, both he and Sainz were very good at Toro Rosso. Sainz is criminally underrated but maybe that's for another thread.
Yep Verstappen was better but Sainz ran him really closely.

Close enough that Marko was happy to see the back of him I think....

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I made one example because I'm not going to sit here and list them out. You said he had none. That's wrong.

Yeah, that sounds like the same thing people have said about Lewis since he stepped foot in F1. Yall don't even listen to yourselves sometimes.
The difference is that when Lewis "stepped foot" into F1, his teammate was the 2x WDC fresh from beating prime Schumacher. He would have run away with the title as a rookie if not for McLaren intentionally handicapping him. Even with him being handcuffed though, he still strung together the most impressive rookie campaign in the history of the sport. There's no comparison. The debate isn't about whether or not Max is elite. It's about this need to utter his name in the same breath as Senna, Schumacher, Prost, and Hamilton. You can be great and still not be one of those legendary drivers.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
The difference is that when Lewis "stepped foot" into F1, his teammate was the 2x WDC fresh from beating prime Schumacher. He would have run away with the title as a rookie if not for McLaren intentionally handicapping him. Even with him being handcuffed though, he still strung together the most impressive rookie campaign in the history of the sport. There's no comparison. The debate isn't about whether or not Max is elite. It's about this need to utter his name in the same breath as Senna, Schumacher, Prost, and Hamilton. You can be great and still not be one of those legendary drivers.
Excellent points.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yes, it is. That's exactly what we're arguing here. You've been arguing against that notion from the jump. Can't believe the day I'd have to defend Max fukking Verstappen. :scust:

Nothing about his car is making him seem more than what he is. That's an extremely dismissive statement that I wouldn't lob against any driver.

There's no need to mention him on a career level of the drivers you mentioned because he has a good 10-15 years left in the sport. No point in making those comparisons now.

But on a pure talent level, yeah, I think he's up there with the greats. But that's subjective, just my opinion. Doesn't mean he'll see their level of success. That's a confluence of factors we can't predict. I think he's on the right track though, no pun intended.

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Yes, it is. That's exactly what we're arguing here. You've been arguing against that notion from the jump. Can't believe the day I'd have to defend Max fukking Verstappen. :scust:

Nothing about his car is making him seem more than what he is. That's an extremely dismissive statement that I wouldn't lob against any driver.

There's no need to mention him on a career level of the drivers you mentioned because he has a good 10-15 years left in the sport. No point in making those comparisons now.

But on a pure talent level, yeah, I think he's up there with the greats. But that's subjective, just my opinion. Doesn't mean he'll see their level of success. That's a confluence of factors we can't predict. I think he's on the right track though, no pun intended.
Alright man. I literally said what I meant and youā€™re still determined to put words in my mouth. Iā€™m debating specifics and youā€™ve done nothing but talk in generalities. This is sport. Itā€™s supposed to be fun. Youā€™ve just made it unfun.

Daps

I think that I can hear the sound of Jensen Button pulling up in his Braun to thank you :lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Alright man. I literally said what I meant and youā€™re still determined to put words in my mouth. Iā€™m debating specifics and youā€™ve done nothing but talk in generalities. This is sport. Itā€™s supposed to be fun. Youā€™ve just made it unfun.
The irony.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The irony.

:mjgrin:

Ok one way to settle this. This argument has gone around the corner like Copse.

So who wants to be Hamilton :mjgrin:and who wants to be Verstappen?:mjgrin:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ok one way to settle this. This argument has gone around the corner like Copse.

So who wants to be Hamilton :mjgrin:and who wants to be Verstappen?:mjgrin:

Hindsight is 20/20, I'd back off and pass him later. Easy W. :myman:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anyway, rewatched Lewis's pole lap at Hungary last year. We won't see a car and driver that fast for a long time.