The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah. All starts to make sense now. Thought his brand was red bull and sports. Didn't know he was doing that shyt in media as well.
He hasnt owned a tv channel since 2016, He founded RedBull and made a shyt load of money doing it.
ServusTV - Wikipedia
He is using that money to spread right wing propaganda. Red Bull owns Servus TV, he funded an online newspaper, which closed down last year and he even used the Austrian Grand Prix for his political goals, by having Andreas Gabalier, a sing the national anthem. A guy who is clearly playing with Nazi codes and who adopted a swastika pose on his album cover.
0602527754352.jpg

Red Bull as a brand is doing a lot to sweep this shyt under the rug so that most of what Mateschitz does is not widely know outside of Austria, but he's the Austrian version of Rubert Murdoch or the Koch brothers.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
ServusTV - Wikipedia
He is using that money to spread right wing propaganda. Red Bull owns Servus TV, he funded an online newspaper, which closed down last year and he even used the Austrian Grand Prix for his political goals, by having Andreas Gabalier, a sing the national anthem. A guy who is clearly playing with Nazi codes and who adopted a swastika pose on his album cover.
0602527754352.jpg

Red Bull as a brand is doing a lot to sweep this shyt under the rug so that most of what Mateschitz does is not widely know outside of Austria, but he's the Austrian version of Rubert Murdoch or the Koch brothers.
Wow. Now Marko's role in the team makes sense...

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think so.

Max is young enough to shrug off the crash and continue driving the same way and Mercedes just doesn't have the pace. Mercedes (actually Lewis, Bottas still had to baby even the hard tires and got lucky with Sainz pit stop) looked fast because Max was out, Perez was having a bad weekend and also being used as a guinea pig by Red Bull. Sprint race was more of an indication of actual pace of RB and Mercedes, there's a reason Hamilton took such a big risk to get ahead of Max on lap one. And in my opinion if Max wasn't a dumbass and backed out of that corner he still would've had a good chance to overtake Lewis later.

Rule changes affected low-rake cars too much and Mercedes would have to invest a lot to try to catch back up. But it also exposed Mercedes other deficiencies. Bad pit stops, bad starts, bad tire warm-up, bad tire management and other stuff that gets magnified now that they don't have the fastest car.

It's a shame because even with the great job Honda did with their engine, Mercedes looks like they have a better one, as we see with McLaren's/Lando's pace and they have Lewis. So it's a shame it's kind of getting wasted.

I disagree. There's no point even discussing Bottas and his pace and tyre management as he is always off the pace. He never seems to be able to follow cars in dirty air and get close enough to attack. guarantee you had him and Lewis not switched positions Bottas would not have got anywhere near Leclerc

But I do agree merc haven't been at their a-game this season. whether that's strategy or pit stops, they've just been a bit slack. crazy to think had Lewis not crashed out in in France when Max's tyre blew he'd be leading the championship by about 15pts

Max knows he's in a fight now and sunday's grand prix would have confirmed that for him. red bull are nervous so is max gonna be as aggressive as he usually is, i don't think so. They've pumped all their development into this year's car so it's now or never for them

but i'm digressing a bit. i think the merc showed good pace at silverstone. lewis is gonna have to pull out some super qualifying laps in the next few races but it needs to start clicking for bottas because his poor qualis just mean it's impossible for merc to experiment with strategies

calh45

Cal
Daps
Wow. Now Marko's role in the team makes sense...
I've always hated Marko. He needs to go away.

I still think my initial prediction of Lewis championship + RB team championship is what will happen especially now that Lewis is taking the gloves off and Max knows he ain't just gonna move now.

Can one of y'all help me understand why Max has so many fans? Is it just because people hate Lewis that much? It's not like he's charming or funny. I get why Lando and Russell's fans are nuts because they're on twitch and twitter with them all of the time. Do they think he's the next Schumacher or something? I don't think he's ever catching Lewis in terms of titles

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I still think my initial prediction of Lewis championship + RB team championship is what will happen especially now that Lewis is taking the gloves off and Max knows he ain't just gonna move now.

Can one of y'all help me understand why Max has so many fans? Is it just because people hate Lewis that much? It's not like he's charming or funny. I get why Lando and Russell's fans are nuts because they're on twitch and twitter with them all of the time. Do they think he's the next Schumacher or something? I don't think he's ever catching Lewis in terms of titles
He Dutch, that's his fanbase immediately, they go hard for any world class talent they have.

And then for the Lewis haters Max is probably their best chance to stop him getting to 8 or more championships

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Max is 23 and one of the top 2 fastest guys on the grid. The youngest race winner ever. He's Alonso taking on Schumacher in 2005. Everyone loves the young underdog.

Me personally, I think Max still wins the championship. I think the Red Bull is just flat out a better car for most tracks than the Mercedes. Not only that, but Max has been remarkably consistent for 2 seasons now. Rarely has an off day.

Mercedes is not in a now or never mode. I think Ferrari is gearing up to be the top threat of 2022 so that's where the resources are going.

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Max is the underdog and he's talented, he is also an aggressive driver and I think that endears him to people too. Plus people are just tired of Mercedes/Lewis.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Verstappen is a once in a generation talent. In terms of outright speed he's comparable to Ayrton Senna, he just lacks the precision that Senna had, which is why he has more crashs. And he doesn't have Sennas depth and charisma, so that Max just comes across as a dikk, where Senna was admired for his committment and philosophical outlook on racing.

He gets coddled too much by Red Bull, which is partly what led to the crash this weekend. Verstappen races dirty and instead of sitting him down and telling him that one day his behavior will result in a huge crash, Red Bull is egging him on. There have been countless instances where Verstappen thought he was bullying other drivers into submission when in reality, more experienced drivers were simply avoiding very dangerous crashes. This weekend was the first major accident Verstappen has had in F1 and he was visibly shocked. That's why he felt like Hamilton celebrating his victory was disrespectful. For the first time, he was directly confronted with the danger he's constantly putting people in when he is weaving under breaking or divebombing into a corner. So in a sense, Hamilton taught him a lesson: This type of driving you're so proudly unapologetic for only works because others play along. The moment your competitors stop cooperating, it will end up in tears and it might very well be you who gets hurt in the process. That's also why in his statement, Lewis said that this accident is a reminder of how dangerous racing can be and that as a racing driver, you should never take unnecessary risks. It's also why, unlike the pundits, the active or recent drivers called it a racing incident instead of blaming Hamilton. They all know how dangerour Max driving can be from first hand experience. The question now is, if Max will learn from this experience and turn into a more complete driver or if he chooses the Vettel route, who also got coddled by Red Bull, and never learned from his mistakes, which in the end, ruined his career at Ferrari.

Last edited:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Verstappen is a once in a generation talent. In terms of outright speed he's comparable to Ayrton Senna, he just lacks the precision that Senna had, which is why he has more crashs. And he doesn't have Sennas depth and charisma, so that Max just comes across as a dikk, where Senna was admired for his committment and philosophical outlook on racing.

He gets coddled too much by Red Bull, which is partly what led to the crash this weekend. Verstappen races dirty and instead of sitting him down and telling him that one day his behavior will result in a huge crash, Red Bull is egging him on. There have been countless instances where Verstappen thought he was bullying other drivers into submission when in reality, more experienced drivers were simply avoiding very dangerous crashes. This weekend was the first major accident Verstappen has had in F1 and he was visibly shocked. That's why he felt like Hamilton celebrating his victory was disrespectful. For the first time, he was directly confronted with the danger he's constantly putting people in when he is weaving under breaking or divebombing into a corner. So in a sense, Hamilton taught him a lesson: This type of driving you're so proudly unapologetic for only works because others play along. The moment your competitors stop cooperating, it will end up in tears and it might very well be you who gets hurt in the process. That's also why in his statement, Lewis said that this accident is a reminder of how dangerous racing can be and that as a racing driver, you should never take unnecessary risks. It's also why, unlike the pundits, the active or recent drivers called it a racing incident instead of blaming Hamilton. They all know how dangerour Max driving can be from first hand experience. The question now is, if Max will learn from this experience and turn into a more complete driver or if he chooses the Vettel route, who also got coddled by Red Bull, and never learned from his mistakes, which in the end, ruined his career at Ferrari.

Good points. What's your take on how this weekend's events impact the championship going forward (if it does at all)?

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good points. What's your take on how this weekend's events impact the championship going forward (if it does at all)?
We'll see. I think it's important Lewis won and managed to reduce Verstappens lead to 8 points. He is also usually strongest in the second part of the season after summer break. It really depends on whether or not Red Bulls car is really as good as it appeared to be in the last couple of races. Part of Mercedes problems is that they made too many mistakes: If Lewis hadn't bottled it in Baku and the team hadn't botched the strategy in Paul Ricard, Lewis would be comfortably leading the Championship with six wins right now. So him winning in Silverstone might give the whole team a boost of much needed confidence.

So far, Verstappen and his camp seem to be extremely salty, which indicates that he isn't going to take the right lessons from this weekend. He was leading the championship, he took unnecessary risks when he should have taken a more cautious approach to protect his lead. Instead he's calling out Hamilton and because deep down he knows he fukked up, he's complaining about the celebrations. So this weekend has the potential to have a negative effect on his campaign, kind of like Vettel crashing in Hockenheim had in 2017. I suspect that from now on, he's going to drive with a knive between his teeth, which will probably lead to more crashes. But he might come back stronger from this or deliberately take out Hamilton with the next crash, which could increase the points deficit:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The jury is still out on that one for me. He seized the opportunity for his first win in Barcelona so credit to that. But the Red Bull has never been a bad car and has generally been at the sharp end of the grid. Him securing wins has largely been a byproduct of being around when Mercedes and Ferrari threw wins away. This year they're often faster than Mercedes so it's a matter of qualify well and control the pace. Can he keep it up until the end of the year? We'll see.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The jury is still out on that one for me. He seized the opportunity for his first win in Barcelona so credit to that. But the Red Bull has never been a bad car and has generally been at the sharp end of the grid. Him securing wins has largely been a byproduct of being around when Mercedes and Ferrari threw wins away. This year they're often faster than Mercedes so it's a matter of qualify well and control the pace. Can he keep it up until the end of the year? We'll see.
I think in terms of talent, Hamilton and Alonso are his only equals in the post Schumacher era. I think his issue is that he has a hard time maturing into a more well rounded driver. He's in F1 since 2017, but he still hasn't managed to balance his aggressiveness with avoiding unnecessary risks. The golden boy treatment at Red Bull doesn't do him any good. If you compare that with Hamilton, he was constantly criticized in the early stages of his career. A lot of that criticism was unfair, but it matured him to a point where he seldomly makes the same mistake twice, is ready to apologize when he fukks up and would never risk a dnf when he is comfortably leading the championship and could just wait for another opportunity.

Daps
He Dutch, that's his fanbase immediately, they go hard for any world class talent they have.

And then for the Lewis haters Max is probably their best chance to stop him getting to 8 or more championships

Don't forget that his father had previously been a Dutch moto hero, and was also a bit of a cult hero in F1. The family name adds to Max's fame.

And yes, whoever is most closely challenging Lewis is an immediate beneficiary of a lot of fandom and support. Very lamentable, really.