The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Hold up so Red Bull pitted Perez out of points finish just to take fastest lap point away from Lewis? Sacrificing a constructor point and Checo's point :jbhmm:

Imagine the reaction if Mercedes did this to Bottas :sas2:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hold up so Red Bull pitted Perez out of points finish just to take fastest lap point away from Lewis? Sacrificing a constructor point and Checo's point :jbhmm:

Imagine the reaction if Mercedes did this to Bottas :sas2:
Bottas would rightfully be pissed.

Imagine if Bottas was consistently half a second off Lewis in qualifying and fukking up multiple races like Perez is.

All in all, Bottas is as good a wingman as you can get.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stay classy Red Bull :mjgrin:

r90vv8O.jpg

They deleted the tweet.

Stir up shyt then pretend to care when the backlash comes brehs.

Sorry, it's fukk red bull

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Well brehs, do you think the events of the British GP will begin to turn the tide in favor for Lewis and Mercedes? Max has had his first really heavy crash due to his recklessness. Will this effect him mentally as the season continues? Will the upgrades to the W12 be enough to give Merc a fighting chance? It looked pretty fast out there this weekend, which was a good sign. I'm really excited about the rest of the championship going forward, and I hope no one gets seriously injured, but have a feeling it might get pretty testy.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Well brehs, do you think the events of the British GP will begin to turn the tide in favor for Lewis and Mercedes? Max has had his first really heavy crash due to his recklessness. Will this effect him mentally as the season continues? Will the upgrades to the W12 be enough to give Merc a fighting chance? It looked pretty fast out there this weekend, which was a good sign. I'm really excited about the rest of the championship going forward, and I hope no one gets seriously injured, but have a feeling it might get pretty testy.
I don't think so.

Max is young enough to shrug off the crash and continue driving the same way and Mercedes just doesn't have the pace. Mercedes (actually Lewis, Bottas still had to baby even the hard tires and got lucky with Sainz pit stop) looked fast because Max was out, Perez was having a bad weekend and also being used as a guinea pig by Red Bull. Sprint race was more of an indication of actual pace of RB and Mercedes, there's a reason Hamilton took such a big risk to get ahead of Max on lap one. And in my opinion if Max wasn't a dumbass and backed out of that corner he still would've had a good chance to overtake Lewis later.

Rule changes affected low-rake cars too much and Mercedes would have to invest a lot to try to catch back up. But it also exposed Mercedes other deficiencies. Bad pit stops, bad starts, bad tire warm-up, bad tire management and other stuff that gets magnified now that they don't have the fastest car.

It's a shame because even with the great job Honda did with their engine, Mercedes looks like they have a better one, as we see with McLaren's/Lando's pace and they have Lewis. So it's a shame it's kind of getting wasted.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

max has to have some sort of bad luck in the next race too to firmly shift the momentum towards lewis.

max had 5 RET's in 6 fewer total rounds last year. other than that he got the podium everywhere except one 6th in Turkey,

2020 results:

uxdyZEN.png

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't think so.

Max is young enough to shrug off the crash and continue driving the same way and Mercedes just doesn't have the pace. Mercedes (actually Lewis, Bottas still had to baby even the hard tires and got lucky with Sainz pit stop) looked fast because Max was out, Perez was having a bad weekend and also being used as a guinea pig by Red Bull. Sprint race was more of an indication of actual pace of RB and Mercedes, there's a reason Hamilton took such a big risk to get ahead of Max on lap one. And in my opinion if Max wasn't a dumbass and backed out of that corner he still would've had a good chance to overtake Lewis later.

Rule changes affected low-rake cars too much and Mercedes would have to invest a lot to try to catch back up. But it also exposed Mercedes other deficiencies. Bad pit stops, bad starts, bad tire warm-up, bad tire management and other stuff that gets magnified now that they don't have the fastest car.

It's a shame because even with the great job Honda did with their engine, Mercedes looks like they have a better one, as we see with McLaren's/Lando's pace and they have Lewis. So it's a shame it's kind of getting wasted.
Solid analysis. I do think Verstappen would have gotten back by Lewis within a few laps - he would have been able to follow more closely through Copse, Maggots, Becketts, and Stowe, then had DRS. Maybe Verstappen has bought full in on the conspiracy that Mercedes has the fastest car again this year, even though it's clearly the Red Bull.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
max has to have some sort of bad luck in the next race too to firmly shift the momentum towards lewis.

max had 5 RET's in 6 fewer total rounds last year. other than that he got the podium everywhere except one 6th in Turkey,

2020 results:

uxdyZEN.png
Mad, his consistency is finally paying off it seems, dude was low-key the best driver that season, to be performing like in a car that was few tenths of pace is quite remarkable, even more so when you consider Lewis less than stellar performance this year, if he performed like Max did he would be leading the championship right now.

Honestly he peaked in 18 and been on a hard decline since, like this is the most driver mistakes he made in a single year since 11 and we aren't even halfway through the season.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only if Merc commits to more upgrades. Or you need to pray for cooler temps. I think Lewis has shown he can fight. It's up to Merc to give him the car.

Notice Red Bull sacrificed a championship point just so they could take the fastest point off Lewis?

That shows at this stage they are all in for Verstappen and they don't care about anything else. I wonder how Perez feels in that atmosphere. At least Bottas is allowed to prove himself.

Verstappen will learn his lesson or probably be even more aggressive and crash again. He is like Hamilton that way. No middle ground.

Hamilton just reminded the entire paddock that he can still be ruthless as fukk when needed. Folks had been slipping. If Merc don't develop the car, I am just looking forward to him getting #100 and I am actually good.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Stir up shyt then pretend to care when the backlash comes brehs.

Sorry, it's fukk red bull

Dietrich Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull is a borderline fascist :yeshrug:He's running the Austrian equivalent of Fox News, where politicians from the extreme right wing party FPÖ are regularly getting a platform.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dietrich Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull is a borderline fascist :yeshrug:He's running the Austrian equivalent of Fox News, where politicians from the extreme right wing party FPÖ are regularly getting a platform.
Ah. All starts to make sense now. Thought his brand was red bull and sports. Didn't know he was doing that shyt in media as well.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Notice Red Bull sacrificed a championship point just so they could take the fastest point off Lewis?

That shows at this stage they are all in for Verstappen and they don't care about anything else. I wonder how Perez feels in that atmosphere. At least Bottas is allowed to prove himself.

perez's position relative to hamilton's stayed the same right?

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

He hasnt owned a tv channel since 2016, He founded RedBull and made a shyt load of money doing it.