Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This wouldn't be terrible, but since we've seen it before it'd be uninteresting and somewhat predictable
Well 3 treble will be something GREATER than 3 consec
We should be able to overrun their midfield, and I trust Klopp to outsmart Valverde.

But then again, Messi.
The will man mark Messi and double team him and let others do the work

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if barca does win the treble they have to be one of the weakest to ever do it, the team is pretty much the same as last year, same manager as the roma choke job, fukkING ROMA !!! just messi's form making the difference (not saying he plays by himself but asisst for the goal in 1st leg, scored the next 2 and started the 4th against united, give this guy a couple ballon's dor brehs)

after a good group stage they walked pass 3rd place in france and curently 6th !!! in england so not sure where this already winners vibe is coming from...

winning la liga when real has a disgusting season and atletico is having an off one ain't that much of an achievement

if messiah ain't feelin' it I could see liverpool playing the final again

wouldve preferred juve in the final since they are BIG name team but wouldn't have wanted to see the same one against barca from a few seasons ago despite the possible CRIS vs LEO showdown and also if they couldn't beat ajax they don't really deserve to be anywhere near. that's my only grip with spurs/ajax they look like cinderellas and i personally like big boys clashes in the final CL act, might not even watch a barca ajax one, sounds like a random pre season sponsor cup in bahrein

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I see folks underestimating Barca. I can see why.

Valverde has completely turn Barca's reputation to the worst. The way he has them play is just a far cry and inexcusable for the players they have. And yes on paper Barca is still far the better team in regards to front 3 and midfield. Only Liverpool cbs are better. However, Liverpool has tireless runners and Busquet is the weaklink in all of this. They are gonna press the hell out of him, so Valverde should play Vidal instead and have Arthur play dm and bench Busquet. None of that pressing is gonna phase Arthur.
I still expect Barca to go through though because they will be more pragmatic and wont get cause on the break playing that way. and they have the better squad.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
and lol @ Vidic. another Eastern European cac boogie man to PL stans. where was all that aggressiveness when Drogba slapped him with just two fingers and had his head tilted back? Dragba dared him to retaliate too. dude proceeded to do the most blatant 'hold be back' routine. fukk that cac :heh:

Chelsea were robbed :pacspit:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
if barca does win the treble they have to be one of the weakest to ever do it, the team is pretty much the same as last year, same manager as the roma choke job, fukkING ROMA !!! just messi's form making the difference (not saying he plays by himself but asisst for the goal in 1st leg, scored the next 2 and started the 4th against united, give this guy a couple ballon's dor brehs)

after a good group stage they walked pass 3rd place in france and curently 6th !!! in england so not sure where this already winners vibe is coming from...

winning la liga when real has a disgusting season and atletico is having an off one ain't that much of an achievement

if messiah ain't feelin' it I could see liverpool playing the final again

wouldve preferred juve in the final since they are BIG name team but wouldn't have wanted to see the same one against barca from a few seasons ago despite the possible CRIS vs LEO showdown and also if they couldn't beat ajax they don't really deserve to be anywhere near. that's my only grip with spurs/ajax they look like cinderellas and i personally like big boys clashes in the final CL act, might not even watch a barca ajax one, sounds like a random pre season sponsor cup in bahrein

Breh the Ronaldo aspect aside, Juve in the final would have been boring as fukk

Ajax are a traditional European powerhouse and currently playing some of the best football in the tournament. If they make it to the final it's Coz they thoroughly deserve to be there. What's the point or having "big boys" like RM there just to watch Marcelo Bale et al :flabbynsick: try to grind out a result... Same for Bayern... :flabbynsick:Same for Juve :flabbynsick:

No thanks

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Nah you reaching. Spurs were thoroughly outplayed.

Man City made mistakes and Spurs took advantage and were lucky.

That's not getting out coached.

If you consider what pochetino had to play with in that spurs starting line up, I think you have to give him credit. That midfield was trash. City shouldve and did run through them, pep had that backline so far up unnecessarily. Why do that when spurs got moura and son upfront?

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
and lol @ Vidic. another Eastern European cac boogie man to PL stans. where was all that aggressiveness when Drogba slapped him with just two fingers and had his head tilted back? Dragba dared him to retaliate too. dude proceeded to do the most blatant 'hold be back' routine. fukk that cac :heh:

Chelsea were robbed :pacspit:
giphy.gif