Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
SKC got shyt on by Monterey :huhldup:

MLS is still a long way from catching Liga MX

Idc wat argument these MLS Stans can come up with

Not gonna argue much because Liga MX > MLS.

Liga MX does have the advantage that their teams are already in form when the Concacaf champions league starts. They've been playing league games since January 4th while MLS league play doesn't start until the beginning of March. The teams that are playing in the CCL their very first game of the new season is in the CCL. It's a huge disadvantage.

ATL United did choke. Would be curious to see how a team like LAFC or Seattle Sounders would do in the competition if it started right now.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Good grief pool:snoop:

No control in the midfield and terrible passes

Pressing for southhampton is very good though

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Liga MX does have the advantage that their teams are already in form when the Concacaf champions league starts. They've been playing league games since January 4th while MLS league play doesn't start until the beginning of March. The teams that are playing in the CCL their very first game of the new season is in the CCL. It's a huge disadvantage.

ATL United did choke. Would be curious to see how a team like LAFC or Seattle Sounders would do in the competition if it started right now.
Liga MX also doesn't have a salary cap right?

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave

I was at the Stadium for this goal, I damn near shyt myself after this, I have not seen a better goal anywhere near this in the MLS

I enjoy and support the MLS but I just have not seen the quality there, specially In the passing game, and LAFC Mainly plays from out the back, the passing and build up play is still very ugly, like watching the USMNT

Seeing Vela dribble in person and seeing how silky he is with the ball on his feet against these MLS defenders and u can tell he's always holding back and never really "trying", like he doesn't fully trust that his teamates see what he sees in the build up

I think we need better coaching, Almeyda for San Jose was a good hire but they need to let him bring in some quality players, I watched the 5-0 beat down last week LAFC gave em and just felt bad for him