Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen to this idiot. Can't even communicate like an adult.

Only reason you ain't on ignore because the meltdown will be glorious.
how you feeling @Yayo Toure?.... right now idk who is going to win the league. but i really cant stomach losing it this far into the season. i dont see liverpool slipping up. They are having the end of game goals etc needed to win the league. (im actually just preparing my mind for the worst )

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
how you feeling @Yayo Toure?.... right now idk who is going to win the league. but i really cant stomach losing it this far into the season. i dont see liverpool slipping up. They are having the end of game goals etc needed to win the league. (im actually just preparing my mind for the worst )

City will win every game. Not so sure about CL but FA Cup and league should be ours, especially once we beat United.

Really the only challenging fixtures are Palace and Spurs(because we play them 3 times, Poch may fukk around and make us draw or lose one). Time will tell, it's gonna be close. After Chelsea, Liverpool don't have anyone that has anything to play for really.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
City will win every game. Not so sure about CL but FA Cup and league should be ours, especially once we beat United.

Really the only challenging fixtures are Palace and Spurs(because we play them 3 times, Poch may fukk around and make us draw or lose one). Time will tell, it's gonna be close. After Chelsea, Liverpool don't have anyone that has anything to play for really.

They can still play for money, margins are close. Say that for all the top six's fixtures

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They can still play for money, margins are close. Say that for all the top six's fixtures

This is true, but of the remaining games Liverpool have left, only Chelsea and Wolves have any chance. Chelsea will have incentive to win, whereas Wolves are in 7th, over 10 points behind 6th. Things can change but I doubt they do well enough to be within striking distance of 6th when the last game of the season comes around.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I've caught myself several Saturday nights this year watching Liga MX and wondering why they don't try to have as big of a presence in the US as the PL and La Liga. All they need is just close captioning or english as a secondary audio option and they're golden. Their games are entertaining as fukk.

Big presence?
They don't care. By big presence, I am assuming you mean being in the convo of the average English speaking American soccer fan, because it gets better TV ratings than every other league broadcast here. Every single year.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Not gonna argue much because Liga MX > MLS.

Liga MX does have the advantage that their teams are already in form when the Concacaf champions league starts. They've been playing league games since January 4th while MLS league play doesn't start until the beginning of March. The teams that are playing in the CCL their very first game of the new season is in the CCL. It's a huge disadvantage.

ATL United did choke. Would be curious to see how a team like LAFC or Seattle Sounders would do in the competition if it started right now.

:mjlol: It doesn't matter when they play the tournament, MLS teams won't be serious contenders on a regular basis for a long time. Deep runs will continue to be a product of lucky draws.
Or maybe they can squeeze the whole tournament into a 1 week, single elimination tournament hosted in some MLS stadium like the only 2 times MLS teams have won the competition.

Right now the national team is competitive with Mexico because you can only play 11 guys at a time. Talent pool in this country still is not deep enough. :yeshrug:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
dfdf.jpg

:wow:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Big presence?
They don't care. By big presence, I am assuming you mean being in the convo of the average English speaking American soccer fan, because it gets better TV ratings than every other league broadcast here. Every single year.

By big presence I mean it should legitimately be on sportcenter every night. MLS hurts my eyes to watch but they stay getting highlight packages. The average soccer audience in this country knows more about Bundesliga than Liga Mx.

concise

Veteran
Daps
By big presence I mean it should legitimately be on sportcenter every night. MLS hurts my eyes to watch but they stay getting highlight packages. The average English speaking soccer audience in this country knows more about Bundesliga than Liga Mx.

I fixed your post.

But like I said before, they don't care. They have the highest ratings in the states already. They are pjysically over here all the time too. It will be a full FIFA international break and they'll still have some random meaningless friendly between say Club América and Cruz Azul and they will still sell out most stadiums in California, Arizona, or Texas. So since they are already getting American money, I don't think they care. They have plenty room for growth, they could start by easing up the foreign player restrictions, but that might not go over too well down there.

And there is also the fact that it is Mexico. There are still many people in the soccer community who low-key think like Trump, and to showcase something positive coming out of Mexico? To see Kansas City going into Monterrey and gettimg spanked by a team with a bigger, better, newer stadium with a much, much bigger payroll?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I fixed your post.

But like I said before, they don't care. They have the highest ratings in the states already. They are pjysically over here all the time too. It will be a full FIFA international break and they'll still have some random meaningless friendly between say Club América and Cruz Azul and they will still sell out most stadiums in California, Arizona, or Texas. So since they are already getting American money, I don't think they care. They have plenty room for growth, they could start by easing up the foreign player restrictions, but that might not go over too well down there.

And there is also the fact that it is Mexico. There are still many people in the soccer community who low-key think like Trump, and to showcase something positive coming out of Mexico? To see Kansas City going into Monterrey and gettimg spanked by a team with a bigger, better, newer stadium with a much, much bigger payroll?

Yeah, Liga MX is already huge in the markets they care about. On a daily basis I see more Tigres or América shirts than any other club outside of maybe Barça. I live in a city with a predominantly Mexican population and I mostly interact with other Latinos, but if I talk football to random people probably 60% of the time it’s about Liga MX, 30% is about La Liga, and 10% is about international football.

If you put Clásico Nacional or Clásico Norteño in Houston, LA, Phoenix, etc. you would get more people than if you brought any European derby outside of El Clásico.