Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
No disrespect, but did you just start watching football? You wanna talk about pundits overrating players, I hope you werent around in the late 90s and the Ferguson years cause that was (as you say) " the most miserable period in modern day football" when it came to pundits overrating players. That's what pundits do, over hype and create talking points and "debates" to fill a one hour show. I can find 10 pundits saying one thing, and 10 more saying the opposite, don't listen to them.

I haven't heard a single person say "Robertson is the best left back in the league" :dwillhuh:

Alisson best goalie in the league? He just got here!! Who the fukk is saying this?? :mjlol:

Again, sounds like shyt you picked up on Twitter.

And wtf does Kompany think will happen if you lunge feet first, even if he missed Salah by 3 feet he's still gonna get roasted for it. He should know better.

10 years? Media more balanced? :mjlol: Breh stop being so dramatic, if by balanced you mean more favorable towards the team you support then just go watch Man City Fan TV or whatever their channel is. Media isn't going to change.

This doom and gloom, the sky is falling, modern day fandom of hot takes ala the NBA needs to go away :camby:

Players have always been overrated, shyt just look at Beckham. But the key was, those players won things. Van Dijk etc, have yet to win anything, but the Sky Sports pundits keep gassing them up.

And by balanced I mean the premier league has 20 teams, many great players who just get snippets on match of the day while Salah dives and scores a tap in here and there against bottom teams. Kompany's tackle was bad and probably a red with another ref(they kept hyping up that the ref was from Manchester, but not that his fam are United fans), but the Robertson challenge on Sterling in the box was an obvious pen and no one is talking about it, and it's poignant given the pens Liverpool have gotten in the past 2 games.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Players have always been overrated, shyt just look at Beckham. But the key was, those players won things. Van Dijk etc, have yet to win anything, but the Sky Sports pundits keep gassing them up.

And by balanced I mean the premier league has 20 teams, many great players who just get snippets on match of the day while Salah dives and scores a tap in here and there against bottom teams. Kompany's tackle was bad and probably a red with another ref(they kept hyping up that the ref was from Manchester, but not that his fam are United fans), but the Robertson challenge on Sterling in the box was an obvious pen and no one is talking about it, and it's poignant given the pens Liverpool have gotten in the past 2 games.

I was watching the beIN stream with Keys and Gray - they made a point the the ref himself was a Utd fan and that it was ridiculous they couldnt get another ref in for this game :mjpls:

And they called the robertson challenge on sterling as a pen :mjpls:

Sky have had liverpool crowned as champs for quite a while now. I saw the stats on which team had the busiest (spurs - 8 off days) and least busiest (liverpool - 13 off days) christmas period :martin:

Coincidence, or when exactly did Sky decide to hook up these nicely rescheduled TV dates :martin:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I was watching the beIN stream with Keys and Gray - they made a point the the ref himself was a Utd fan and that it was ridiculous they couldnt get another ref in for this game :mjpls:

And they called the robertson challenge on sterling as a pen :mjpls:

Sky have had liverpool crowned as champs for quite a while now. I saw the stats on which team had the busiest (spurs - 8 off days) and least busiest (liverpool - 13 off days) christmas period :martin:

Coincidence, or when exactly did Sky decide to hook up these nicely rescheduled TV dates :martin:

yeah, but it's the same ref they had for the Manchester derby earlier this season. He didn't do a horrible job in either game, so credit to him but they really need a better pool of refs if he keeps getting games like this.

Still alot of play for, but a Liverpool victory today really would've sealed it. Dodged a bullet.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
yeah, but it's the same ref they had for the Manchester derby earlier this season. He didn't do a horrible job in either game, so credit to him but they really need a better pool of refs if he keeps getting games like this.

Still alot of play for, but a Liverpool victory today really would've sealed it. Dodged a bullet.

He did ok, he was handing out yellows a bit too easy though, and fluffed the pen call. For pure fukkery reasons, they shouldve got Mike Dean in to ref this game :mjlit:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It’s getting spicy in here :mjgrin:

Keep talking your trash @Yayo Toure

giphy.gif

The hate is real

Reading these posts makes for an excellent post match treat :mjsherlock:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Gareth Bale is hurt again, and RM could only muster a draw against a bottom feeding Villarreal squad they would have destroyed in years past.

Florentino is going to be on some MC Hammer s#it this summer. Nobody’s stars are going to be safe.

giphy.gif

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
shyt hasnt been going well for Lovren ever since he claimed he was one of the best CBs. Got cooked by Mbappe and friends, and it has been downhill since.

Van Dijk has just exposed the difference in quality

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Gareth Bale is hurt again, and RM could only muster a draw against a bottom feeding Villarreal squad they would have destroyed in years past.

Florentino is going to be on some MC Hammer s#it this summer. Nobody’s stars are going to be safe.

giphy.gif

2 Summers late.

The squad is :flabbynsick:.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who could it be?

gonna imagine its pickford. Hart? idk if means they are currently making the england squad because then it could be anyone if not. but if thats the case im gonna say it was joe hart. i recall some murmors of him doing it when he was with city