Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Anyway this is how I feel about Liverpool as a team and a fanbase

Damn breh, who hurt you? :picard:

I don't know how old you are, but you take this shyt deep into the heart. Every fan base has trash fans, and from your posts it sounds like you stay on social media engaging these trolls in conversation. As I got older I quickly separated myself from garbage Liverpool fans and just follow the club with friends and family.

Would've been worse had Liverpool won. In the leadup to this game I've seen ppl say Van Dijk is the best defender of all time in the premier league, how robertson is the best left back in europe. A 10 point Liverpool lead would've been the most miserable period in modern day football.

Do you ever post without excessive hyperbole? :gucci:

Again, sounds like garbage you read on twitter and ran in here to backup your narrative.

Nah, he's right tbh. Bottling and all those terms are lazy sensationalism and boring attempts at banter in order to elevate the more honest and simple statements like 'Liverpool were outplayed' or 'Tottenham were outplayed' :yeshrug:. The media and lames on twitter do it the most though

Here's someone who gets it.

All season they talking about Milner is better than he's ever been.

Media can talk all they want and boost up these Liverpool players, vote them for every individual award and every team of the season, but the game is played on the pitch and that's where the real greats are made. Not no Steven never won the league Gerrard,.not no Mohammed doesn't score against big teams Salah, definitely not no Jordan Henderson.

It's Mr. 93:20 Sergio Aguero showing you what actual greats do.

This is a lot of bravado right here after tonight's result :whew:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol cool. I may eat my words in May but I'm feelin myself today.
Breh at this point, for the sake of your mental health, I don't even want Liverpool to win the league.

:wow:

edit: Take this rep breh and stay away from the trolls, and don't come at me with that "insufferable" nonsense, I ain't no troll :ufdup:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup.

But how confident do you feel, really? Van Dijk and Robertson are great, but the attack is overly reliant on getting balls in behind. You think the losses to Napoli, Red Star, PSG in Europe were a fluke? City haven't been great this season, but we're only 4 points behind and De Bruyne has barely kicked a ball.
what do you mean "you"? Im not a liverpool supporter :hhh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody wants Liverpool to win. So much things wrong with them, I don't even know where to start.

It could've been any other team contending with City, even racist ass Chelsea and people would be more divided. It says alot about the troubled history of the club you support.

Could you give examples?

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh, who hurt you? :picard:

I don't know how old you are, but you take this shyt deep into the heart. Every fan base has trash fans, and from your posts it sounds like you stay on social media engaging these trolls in conversation. As I got older I quickly separated myself from garbage Liverpool fans and just follow the club with friends and family.

Do you ever post without excessive hyperbole? :gucci:

Again, sounds like garbage you read on twitter and ran in here to backup your narrative.

Here's someone who gets it.

This is a lot of bravado right here after tonight's result :whew:

It's one thing for some random on the internet to say something, but I'm saying stuff I've heard punsits say on TV. Alisson is good, best goalie in the league, no. Van Dijk is immense, but best center back in Europe? Robertson best left back? This is what is fed into minds on sky sports and NBC sports, meanwhile a guy like David Silva remains underrated having won almost every trophy he can in football besides CL.

shyt, just watch all the post game analysis. All about Kompany on Salah, it's as if Sterling wasn't denied a stonewall pen once again.

But it happens, maybe in 10 years the media will be more balanced.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
This thread sort of quiet. Imagine the tradegy if City lost.

@Roberto Firmino @phillycavsfan @Trajan @blues_funk_reggae would be as insufferable as ever.

Special thanks to Fernandinho, Sergio Aguero, Leroy Sane, Vincent Kompany, Bernardo Silva, John Stones, Ederson and Pep Guardiola for saving football.
nikkas been in here all night, unlike someone who waited til ft :mjpls: not to mention the irony when you been m.i.a lately and all that energy you was bringing most the season all the way gone this last month :mjpls: and you realise we still top and heavy favourites even after that :gucci:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's one thing for some random on the internet to say something, but I'm saying stuff I've heard punsits say on TV. Alisson is good, best goalie in the league, no. Van Dijk is immense, but best center back in Europe? Robertson best left back? This is what is fed into minds on sky sports and NBC sports, meanwhile a guy like David Silva remains underrated having won almost every trophy he can in football besides CL.

shyt, just watch all the post game analysis. All about Kompany on Salah, it's as if Sterling wasn't denied a stonewall pen once again.

But it happens, maybe in 10 years the media will be more balanced.
No disrespect, but did you just start watching football? You wanna talk about pundits overrating players, I hope you werent around in the late 90s and the Ferguson years cause that was (as you say) " the most miserable period in modern day football" when it came to pundits overrating players. That's what pundits do, over hype and create talking points and "debates" to fill a one hour show. I can find 10 pundits saying one thing, and 10 more saying the opposite, don't listen to them.

I haven't heard a single person say "Robertson is the best left back in the league" :dwillhuh:

Alisson best goalie in the league? He just got here!! Who the fukk is saying this?? :mjlol:

Again, sounds like shyt you picked up on Twitter.

And wtf does Kompany think will happen if you lunge feet first, even if he missed Salah by 3 feet he's still gonna get roasted for it. He should know better.

10 years? Media more balanced? :mjlol: Breh stop being so dramatic, if by balanced you mean more favorable towards the team you support then just go watch Man City Fan TV or whatever their channel is. Media isn't going to change.

This doom and gloom, the sky is falling, modern day fandom of hot takes ala the NBA needs to go away :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man I ain't even had time to talk about the actual game :shaq2:

I watched the first half and couldn't watch the second half, got stuck in some bullshyt meeting full of suits and I couldn't even check livescore :snoop:

Klopp went with his safe lineup, but the problem is that midfield can't produce any creativity, been saying it for a minute now. Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum just cannot create. Keita and Fabinho really need to take over.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
It’s getting spicy in here :mjgrin:

Keep talking your trash @Yayo Toure

giphy.gif

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills

I watched the first half and couldn't watch the second half, got stuck in some bullshyt meeting full of suits and I couldn't even check livescore :snoop:

Klopp went with his safe lineup, but the problem is that midfield can't produce any creativity, been saying it for a minute now. Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum just cannot create. Keita and Fabinho really need to take over.

I really want Keita to get some minutes and hold down a spot, I wonder if he still has issues with his back

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Breh, I thought I was the only one who saw it :wow:
Sooooo intense

City better line 100 million up for Casemiro like they did in my career mode. That is clearly their most important position and FerGOATdinho is aging.

This was a defensive midfield performance for the ages :mjcry:
Two different types of players, breh

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Could you give examples?

Sure, but as a preface, most big clubs you will find someone to say something negative about them. But in my opinion Liverpool are the worst.

Just look at this

Heysel Stadium disaster - Wikipedia

Then you can go back as recently to the Luis Suarez racial abuse of Patrice Evra, where a Liverpool player was found guilty of racially abusing a Manchester United player, and in return the Liverpool did this:

Liverpool's Luis Suarez T-shirt gesture provokes angry reaction from black footballers

And to be honest, Liverpool football club isn't even good for their own community. While the owners of Leicester, Man. City and some other teams have invested in the area around their stadium, the people in charge of Liverpool have been doing this:

Anfield: the victims, the anger and Liverpool's shameful truth | David Conn

And there is more. But these are some of the reasons why people will tell you they dislike Liverpool.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Midfield is liverpool's problem, even with the investment. Fekir was the move to make but they tried to haggle at the end. And don't forget Lovren isn't a big time player, despite playing in WC and CL finals.