Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa claims he passed on a summer move to Arsenal because he wanted to play for AC Milan instead.

The Ligue 1 champions refused to let Yanga-Mbiwa complete a transfer to Milan, despite reports an agreement had been reached, while Arsene Wenger also expressed an interest in the centre-back. Wenger had taken striker Olivier Giroud from Montpellier to North London earlier in the window.

"The chairman told me I have an agreement to leave," Yanga-Mbiwa told L'Equipe. "AC Milan came for me. But the chairman refused the offer. So I understood it would be difficult.

"Arsenal came to make an attempt. But I was focused on something else. I was disappointed when I understood it could not be sorted out with Milan. The chairman is our boss, our godfather, the one who educated us and gave us an opportunity. We have to show respect."

Yanga-Mbiwa, who was also linked with Newcastle United, could now complete a U-turn and extend his contract with Montpellier.

The 23-year-old France international made 32 league appearances for Montpellier last season as they claimed the French Ligue 1 title.

:whoo:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Speaking to L'Equipe, Sagna said: "Everyone was expecting Robin van Persie to leave, but Alex Song, that was a surprise. I don't understand that at all. It is a big loss for the club.

"When you see two of the best players from last season leave, you ask a lot of questions. I understand why the supporters are nervous."

The 29-year-old Sagna was signed from Auxerre four years ago, and in that time has seen several of his team-mates leave, including Gaël Clichy and Samir Nasri, who went on to win the Premier League title with Manchester City.

He continued: "I am the only starting player left from 2007. In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir and Gaël lift the trophy. I want that [feeling]."

Bye. Arsenal have Jenko anyway now.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Organizers are doing their part to make sure everything goes smooth at "The Office" in Kingston, Jamaica, this Friday. Check out this advisory distributed to fans ahead of the match: “The Police are advising supporters … that no firearms, knives, drugs, ice picks, machetes, glass bottles or any other items that can be used to cause serious harm or injury, will be allowed inside the venues.”

:sadcam: a taster of the atmosphere tomorrow

concise

Veteran
Daps
Organizers are doing their part to make sure everything goes smooth at "The Office" in Kingston, Jamaica, this Friday. Check out this advisory distributed to fans ahead of the match: “The Police are advising supporters … that no firearms, knives, drugs, ice picks, machetes, glass bottles or any other items that can be used to cause serious harm or injury, will be allowed inside the venues.”

we will need streams

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me, one of the overrated players in modern times. Never had 2 good seasons in a row, no defensive qualities for a central midfielder, not suited to an attacking midfield position (no dribbling ability, no flair) and actually quite laboursome on the ball. I mean hes much better than mata for instance but if hed concentrated on adding defensive qualities to his game rather than goals he'd have been a top deep lying CM, thats where you stay if you only have a pass.

well according to some arsenal lads here he was gonna make a killing at barca and he was also much better player than iniesta:russ:

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me, one of the overrated players in modern times. Never had 2 good seasons in a row, no defensive qualities for a central midfielder, not suited to an attacking midfield position (no dribbling ability, no flair) and actually quite laboursome on the ball. I mean hes much better than mata for instance but if hed concentrated on adding defensive qualities to his game rather than goals he'd have been a top deep lying CM, thats where you stay if you only have a pass.

well according to some arsenal lads here he was gonna make a killing at barca and he was also much better player than iniesta:russ:

arsenal fans are as bad as the LFC fans they make fun of when it comes to overrating their own players:upsetfavre:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Reports of Hursts demise as the word poster in the thread were greatly exaggerated.

He's back with a bang.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London

All Arsenal fans were givin' me that chat too. I'm just here looking at them like :beli:

On some real sh*t that n*gga Iniesta is on another planet. I genuinely think right now he's probably the only person touching Messi as the best player in the world. Ronaldo will always be mentioned but them two are something else.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

Let's all pray that Team Goat comes out of Jamaica safe and sound after we thrash them on their home floor.

:lawd:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I can clear it all up for you mate.

Good player = Plays for Germany

shyt player = Plays for the US

You're welcome.