Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cesc should've gone to Madrid instead of Barca, that was the perfect team for him.

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rewatching the Super Cup now. David Luiz is such a shyt player :pachaha:. completely stupid individual on the pitch
He is technically quality going forward. I think he'd be brilliant if they played him just infront of the defense. Otherwise, he's just the last line and a big liability. Looks like he doesn't know how to kick a ball sometimes.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Shame in Hlebs day, they didnt give our individual awards for that, like they do now.

Hleb :to:

He was like Arsenal's Iniesta. And i know i might get negged for saying that...but fukk it. Dude was like a magician man. I miss his silky smooth dribbling so much. Key pass king.

EDIT: Just went back couple pages and saw the Iniesta comparison. :myman: I also dapped every Hleb props i saw the last 2 pages. Dude was literally one of my favorite players to watch play.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
already getting called out on the avi, ffs i wasnt even watching half the time, i was concentrated on the tennis

trying to be a fan and fit into mainstream coli culture is hard :to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
flamini benefitted from playing every week in a side with other good athletes in... he never had to do any technical work but he put in a shift every game and was well supported by those around him.

it can't have hurt being in a central midfield partnership with cesc either.

If they stuck around just for a couple of year that duo would of been the best in Europe

BOBN

Pro
Daps
cesc cant hang with the big boys huh?:jawalrus:
For me, one of the overrated players in modern times. Never had 2 good seasons in a row, no defensive qualities for a central midfielder, not suited to an attacking midfield position (no dribbling ability, no flair) and actually quite laboursome on the ball. I mean hes much better than mata for instance but if hed concentrated on adding defensive qualities to his game rather than goals he'd have been a top deep lying CM, thats where you stay if you only have a pass.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
flamini benefitted from playing every week in a side with other good athletes in... he never had to do any technical work but he put in a shift every game and was well supported by those around him.

it can't have hurt being in a central midfield partnership with cesc either.
It mustve hurt, doing the physical work for two men. fabregas is the one who benefitted most that season. Had an animal next to him and two superb support playmakers on either wing (rosicky & hleb). He ate good off making people think he was a top midfielder that year.

hes always welcome back at the emirates. :win:
Hes a 15 million pound player in wenger money, any more than that we should be looking elsewhere.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
B.M.F. :win:

article-1346850832081-14D939E0000005DC-757565_466x362.jpg
He's definitely winning. Gets his 4m then off to South America, fair play :win:

He was untouchable under Hiddink and Ancelotti. 18 months of world class football. Unfortunate it has to end this way really.