Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at fukkers like "experimental Kanye' and Cudi makes me appreciate PM Dawn more. On his straight up rap shyt, Ye is good, but all that other shyt, please. you don't got it.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
It's actually sorta interesting to hear when black people (you know what I mean) name off bands they like. They sometimes have that thread in TLR.

They're always really lame bands, Nickleback, Puddle of Mudd, Guns n Roses, Sublime.

Matter of fact if anyone says they like Sublime their opinion is void.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It's actually sorta interesting to hear when black people (you know what I mean) name off bands they like. They sometimes have that thread in TLR.

They're always really lame bands, Nickleback, Puddle of Mudd, Guns n Roses, Sublime.

The opposite is always true. White people will just rattle off Wayne, Ross, Kanye, Jay-Z. In both cases it's just the artists that have crossover hits.

Coldplay has to be the reining king white band that black people like....and they only know songs from Viva la Vida and onwards. Oh, and Maroon 5.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps

Damn people love to stereotype and generalise.. Now all black people listen to the same bands all of a sudden? :leon:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Kanye West is one of these artist who really makes me laugh, you can tell he's one of these people who has never really listened to anything other Hip-Hop/Black American music. And doesn't realize that he aint doing anything original or groundbreaking.

thats not actually true tho, is it?

In saying that, he is a horrendous rapper. I would argue the worst good artist, but terrible rapper we have had in rap music.

He's covered a Tears for Fears song, sampled Daft Punk, King Crimson and Patrick Doyle, recruited Bon Iver and the chick from La Roux to do vocals, and I've seen him mention RHCP and Phoenix as favorite bands of his. Of the many things you could criticize Kanye for, being in an musical coc00n isn't one of them.

yeah, this is what I read about Kanye too. Of all things to get on dude, I cant shyt on him musically. He is an awful rapper tho.

I gotta be honest, Ive never heard a black person prop up any of these bands. Especially GnR, but im not 45.

Now Coldplay or Maroon 5 or now Bon Iver, yeah of course. :russ:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Damn people love to stereotype and generalise.. Now all black people listen to the same bands all of a sudden? :leon:

Aren't you Russian? fukk do you care? :heh:

Anyway, another band black people love, Led Zeppelin. That's classic bands though. But then again, when I'm talking with my black friends they're all on the new rap, I simply listen to keep up the convo sometimes.

"Oh yeah that new Meek Mill...shyt is tight!! :unsure:"

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Anyway, another band black people love, Led Zeppelin.

cant agree with this.

you have to think current time and who their favorite rappers have given props too. Linkin 5 for instance.

Back in the early 2000s it was Limp Bizkit and Korn. Acts like that.

I doubt most younger black people who are heavy into modern black music can name a rock band that had most of their hits before 2003. :heh:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
He was a good rapper when Consequence and Rhymefest was helping to write his rhymes on College Dropout and Late Registration. Those dudes left, and whoever writes his lyrics (Big Sean?) is significantly worse.

You want to know a modern band that black people love? The Black Keys.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
The opposite is always true. White people will just rattle off Wayne, Ross, Kanye, Jay-Z. In both cases it's just the artists that have crossover hits.

Coldplay has to be the reining king white band that black people like....and they only know songs from Viva la Vida and onwards. Oh, and Maroon 5.

Sublime and Wu Tang were the driving forces behind white and black kids becoming friends when I was in middle school. :yeshrug:

everyone knows at least one of both guys you've mentioned here

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He was a good rapper when Consequence and Rhymefest was helping to write his rhymes on College Dropout and Late Registration. Those dudes left, and whoever writes his lyrics (Big Sean?) is significantly worse.

You want to know a modern band that black people love? The Black Keys.
I think he was passable when he was with Consequence and Rhymfest and them, but he has never been a good rapper. Never. He was wack as fukk on College Dropout and then improved on Late Registration.

He is a complete disaster of a rapper now.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I kinda like kanye on the mic. It's like watching a lumbering sloppy midfielder somehow always keep possession

His first album is still his best tho. But most of his fans would never even check for his I'm Good tape or Stan his beats like I did when we didnt hear his raps yet. So fukk do I know :heh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I still LOVE College Dropout, wack raps and all.

I got into an argument on twitter about that album because so many think Late Registration was better. Late Registration may be techincally better than College Dropout, but College Dropout brings me back to a good time in my life. When I was in college. When Kanye wasnt a full blown ass hole. When he performed at College Park with no entourage, and had that Delta girlfriend there with him. And the music was really were soulful, revealing, and emotive. :ohlawd:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
They're always better when they're hungry to prove themselves, and that's that

Will never forget those early Kanye albums (aka the soul-sample days)