Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

These squads out here playing the transfer game with Monopoly money

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Wow, I can't imagine why no one wants to play for Jose.

I just can't imagine it.

I mean, look at how he praised his star midfielder who was an integral part of a World Cup winning team by saying that he needs to figure out how to play that way within Jose's system instead of, you know, changing the system to take full advantage of his star midfielder's talents.

Or how he apparently is trying to shyt in Anthony Martial's cereal every morning with another bytchy complaint about him.

It's just amazing.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Lacazette shyt but Auba, Ozil, Micki feeding him. :manny:

Kane was my first pick but I think he might see a dip given all the football he has played in the last few years. The league is gonna play Salah differently. Lukaku plays for Mourinho. Mora...nvm. Aguero is an easy pick but that's not my style.

Never forget...
"He's a top player and I think he could be a phenomenal central defender, with the quality of his pass, his aerial game, his agility in such a big body," he told Sky Sports.

"For the defensive side of the game, coming from the back with the ball he could be a phenomenal central defender. He can play in so many positions."

'Pogba can be an phenomenal centre-back' - Mourinho | Goal.com

Last edited:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
top six - You can make a case for 4 teams winning the title imo. Maybe 5.

1. City (Liverpool the better team but City's squad will win it for them, Klopp gonna run those boys into the ground. City are old in the wrong places.)
2. Liverpool

3-7 can be in any order tbf.

3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Spurs
6. Man Utd
7. Everton

Relegation- Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford

Top Scorer - Lacazette
POTY - Kane
MOTY - Nuno Santo
YPOTY - Foden

Fulham better get Mustafi.

now i dont disagree that liverpool can win the league. but!! where are city old ( i canonly name silva, kompany, maybe aguero but bernardo, laporte/stones and jesus can easily fill their roles completely) and you cannot definitively say liverpool are a better team nomatter how you twist it :dwillhuh:

but i agree foden will win ypoty. pep seems like he is gonna give him more tick. and i know it was pre season but young man looked really good and comfortable out there. and there is a alot of chemistry in the locker room between him and aguero (viewed on some of citys videos throughout last season)

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Top 6

Liverpool (eh, fukk it)
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
United

Relegation: Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford

Golden Boot: Auba
POTY: De Bruyne
YPOTY: Sess
MOTY: Klopp
Newcomer: Keita

Montez

Superstar
Daps
now i dont disagree that liverpool can win the league. but!! where are city old ( i canonly name silva, kompany, maybe aguero but bernardo, laporte/stones and jesus can easily fill their roles completely) and you cannot definitively say liverpool are a better team nomatter how you twist it :dwillhuh:

Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero, Kompany to some extent - important parts of y’all championship winning team are older.

If City and Liverpool play each other, I’m leaning Liverpool. Over a season, I’m picking City easily but in a one off against any of the big sides, Liverpool worry me more if all their best players are fit and on form.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
Always a daft idea, when you got the likes of Real, Barca and PSG just chilling waiting to see who they flirt with after the window shuts in England.

Levy is such a c*nt to you lot. He was one of the 14 to sign off on it as well. And the fact that you only needed 1-2 additional signings anyway and nothing has been done with 51 hours left of the window is :hhh: add in that 3 key players want to move away also.

What does Levy do for the £7m a season, tickle Joe Lewis balls, whenever he comes into town.

Alde is probably gone but if everyone stays , I ain't even mad at the squad . As long as this dikkhead guy actually gives Lucas Mora and Nkoudou some real playing time we should be good.

Also , Wanyama needs to come back in to that central midfield position .
Dier can :camby:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
top 6 predictions?

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. United
6. West Ham

POTY - Salah
MOTY- Klopp
YPOTY - Phil Foden
Golden Boot - Aguero

Liverpool have done good business but I can't see them winning the league. Firstly Klopp is a bottler. Just look at this article: Jurgen Klopp fears ‘crazy expectations’ for Liverpool trophies are spiralling out of control
Secondly Liverpool play a really fast style that will shock alot of teams, but the speed doesn't help their defenders, esp. Lovren and they end up dropping points to lesser teams. Will Liverpool beat City at Anfield? I'm 90% sure they will. But there is no trophy for beating City, you have to beat most teams during a season and City are far better equipped to do that, with a style that isn't as physically taxing.

I think Chelsea will improve, esp. if Kovacic joins. Sarri hasn't had time to pick his best XI, and I think he'll figure it out eventually and they will go on a run to cement top 4, leaving Man U behind with a dysfunctional Mourinho. Alot can happen in the next 2 days but if the rumors about Pogba are true Man U are in huge problems. If he goes, he's very difficult to replace. If he stays and is unhappy, there isn't a point. Very difficult situation they are in, and it's mostly due to a manager who the game has passed by.

I think the relegation battle will involve Newcastle, Southampton, Cardiff, Brighton and Huddersfield. Newcastle has a great manager but the worst owner in all of sports, so their team is always in crisis. Rafa should help them stay up, the other clubs don't have that luxury. Wolves and Fulham have been very serious this transfer window and Wolves may contend for a spot in Europe.