Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

That how it starts. They'll be mired in debt for years, just like how Hicks and Gillett did at Liverpool before FSG saved the club.

The longer they stay out of CL, the worse it's going to get. I feel sorry for their fans, tbh. United are stuck in debt too but at least their cash flow is almost second to none.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
well 14 of the 20 clubs voted to shut the window early, and the only top 6 clubs who voted against it were City and United(Burnley abstained).

So Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea thought it was a good idea to shut the window early, during a world cup year. Arsenal and Liverpool got their business done early(shyt Liverpool bought Keita a whole year ago) but it looks like Chelsea and Spurs shot themselves in the foot.
Link? Also clubs can still sell, if barca steal Pogba away is laugh my ass off

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
well 14 of the 20 clubs voted to shut the window early, and the only top 6 clubs who voted against it were City and United(Burnley abstained).

So Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea thought it was a good idea to shut the window early, during a world cup year. Arsenal and Liverpool got their business done early(shyt Liverpool bought Keita a whole year ago) but it looks like Chelsea and Spurs shot themselves in the foot.

Chelsea situation is a bit more complex then in Spurs case, it's Levy being Levy.

Roman being kicked out of the UK. Being cheap skates with both Sarri and Conte. Have they even got in a replacement DOF, yet? Someone at the club most of known Courtois wanted to leave for family reasons, that doesn't come about all of sudden?

It was pretty disgraceful that Conte was still at the club taking pre season training. I know Conte wanted his money, but still, for a club known not to hesitate to pull the trigger, to let that situation continue was terrible.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That how it starts. They'll be mired in debt for years, just like how Hicks and Gillett did at Liverpool before FSG saved the club.

The longer they stay out of CL, the worse it's going to get. I feel sorry for their fans, tbh. United are stuck in debt too but at least their cash flow is almost second to none.

It will be more United situation than Liverpool. Arsenal commercially are far better than Liverpool were when the Chuckle brothers took over.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Courtois is a little bytch, this big nosed fool stays throwing his toys outta his pram. Lowkey he's overrated as well :mjpls:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did you lot do PL predictions

top six
title winners - City
liverpool
chelsea
utd
tottenham
everton

relegation- huddersfield, cardiff, newcastle

i think wolves and fulham end up mid table 8-12 somwhere.

top scorer - aguero
POTY- bernardo silva
MOTY- pep

what am i missing?

i know there is city bias. idgaf. only thing i change is top scorer could be kane or salah. but i think aguero has a chip on his shoulder and is ocming back rejuivinated after finally getting surgery he shoudlve got a few years ago.

also i can see city winning CL but not PL if thats the case put chelsea as winners

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
You pree the Yerry Mina hate too:mjpls:

No doubt. Kid got like 5 games and now he's out for the french dude. If top CBs were only given 5 games to show their worth Pique, Terry, Sol Campbell would've never been greats. Of any position CB is the hardest one and your mistakes usually cause goals, but you have to give the youths a chance to grow out of it. Some times they never grow out of it but 5 games is too small a sample size to see that.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Madrid willing to offer Kovacic to the Blues on loan if Chelsea let Courtois go.

Of course Chelsea need to find a replacement for Courtois first. So why don't they just swap Navas for Courtois?