Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
In competitive games yeah, not friendly nonsense?

Because Benfica and Inter weren't the best best in the 60's. You had 4 teams win 2 European Cups in that decade (Real, Milan, Inter and Benfica + United and Celtics wins.)

Santos never played Inter and had to go to 3 games to beat Milan.

They did spank Benfica, tho.

1962 Intercontinental Cup - Wikipedia

1963 Intercontinental Cup - Wikipedia

Pele dominated those games :wow: 9 goals in 5 matches

The rest would have been friendlies I think. But these are a good indication, if he was murdering European Championship winning defences he would have been amazing in Europe too

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh: @ the Pele disrespect. Pele is a footballing deity don't disrespect.

And don't compare Mourinho to Wenger. Mourinho has been given lots of money to spend, the problem is their transfer policy is garbage.

Jose has no clue how to develop talented young players. He has a team full of young talent, who are not developing under him. This why it puzzled me when they hired him.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Jose has a rep for running off talented players Lukaku Salah De Bruyne. The only players I can remember Jose breaking into the fold into world class status are Drogba and Essien.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Jose has a rep for running off talented players Lukaku Salah De Bruyne. The only players I can remember Jose breaking into the fold into world class status are Drogba and Essien.

Drogba and Essien were grown men tho, Lukaku, Salah and KDB were yutes.

Jose doesn't seem to have the patience or persona to develop this generation of young players. I don't think he'll get another big job after United gets rid of him.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Drogba and Essien were grown men tho, Lukaku, Salah and KDB were yutes.

Jose doesn't seem to have the patience or persona to develop this generation of young players. I don't think he'll get another big job after United gets rid of him.

Grown men who were not world class players and recognizable until they got to Chelsea FC but I get your point both were in France Essien at Olympique Lyonnais and Drogba at Marseille. Yes he does not know how to develop young talent. He is misusing Pogba. I think Pogba should force a move he was brilliant in the WC and maybe goes to one of the Spanish giants.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Would you start Sterling or Mahrez? Or Bernardo Silva?

Sterling. Pep likes to play his wingers wide and while Sterling has inferior tekkers to the other 2. What he does do, is stretch the play with his pace and movement and brings some balance being right footed. Mahrez and Silva will always want to come inside, while creating space for Walker to use, but Walker cannot cross for shyt.

I do believe both Bernardo & Sterling will probably play more centrally this season. Bernardo as vice David and Sterling in the front 3 this season. As Aguero and Jesus do have a habit of picking up injuries for 3-4 weeks at a time.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Would you start Sterling or Mahrez? Or Bernardo Silva?

Bernardo Silva is being groomed as the heir to David Silva and is going to play in the middle more. He played most of the game yesterday through the middle and Chelsea had no answer for his work rate, dribbling and passing. He looks poised to have an immense season.

I'd start Sterling over Mahrez as first choice. Sterling is faster and knows the system better, and if he gets his finishing to be more consistent will be undroppable. Mahrez looked OK yesterday but he's not used to the team yet and seemed really one footed.