Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
South London
So Henry is the new Aston Villa manager? :whoo:

Congrats to Uncle Thierry, I really hope he does well. The Championship is crazy competitive, really hard.

The West Midlands Derby will be #BlackExcellence :blessed: Thierry Henry vs Darren Moore. A damn shame its only happening in 2018 smh.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Di3ZPX7X4AAfWMZ.jpg

Physical capacity of a 20 year old :wow: while most dudes in their 20's are :flabbynsick:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The most creative/best players are always the ones to get called out when the team doesn't perform, the most. Happens in all team sports at international level, because you ain't representing a portion of fans you're representing the country, millions of people. Now given some fans will still have loyalties to their local area and if a player's born or played for a rival, they're going to get shyt regardless. Just the tribal instinct of people to hate.

Riquelme
Rai (More of the case he wasn't his brother)
Hoddle
Zidane (Euro 96)
Gullit (Walked out in 94)
Effenberg
Shearer
Rooney
Del Piero
Totti
Raul

All got various amounts of shyt from fans and the media for not "performing" for their country at various stages in their career. Fans/Media don't care about tactics or if a player isn't being played in the right position, it's about winning and players playing with effort/passion, that what fans at international level want.

Unfortunately when things don't go well, stupid people will fall back on the stereotypes of someone's background to discredit them, regardless of it being race, creed, or where they're from within the country. Everywhere in the world does it.

That's cool and all but that's a crock of shyt. Most of those players sans Zidane and Gullit are the same racially as their critics.

It is impossible to deny the racial factor in this, what makes this even more damning however is the fact that Germany has spent the past decade, in both football and their society, as a paragon of immigrant integration. Europe's version of America's "shining city on a hill". That theory has been blown apart by ONE footballer. And again Ozil is already polarizing, but I've yet to see the same type of criticisms for other player who ALSO choked on the world's stage Spain was beaten by fukking RUSSIA....RUSSIA! and even their goal was an own goal. You don't see Sergio Ramos being torn to shreds online.

My point here is that Ozil, especially since his move to Arsenal, makes peoples panties get all ruffled when he is FAR from the first talented player to perform the way he does. Don't blame people being "fans" for clear and overt racism/ignorance. It falls to people who actually watch the sport to go "Well no, actually he played pretty decent when the rest of the team didn't support him."

Not saying Ozil is on this level, but its like Lebron haters....you can not like him as a player but you can't deny his talent...and doing so lets me know you are just a fukking hater and not a fan of the game at the highest level. And now, because of this vocal cesspool of "fans", Germany basically loses their most creative player in a generation...There's no way that should be made sense of or made logical.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Why is nobody mentioning this? He is done. Not just him but khedira, boateng, hummels,meuller are done too. Germany gotta be cold now, they need a new core.

Because it's not the easy narrative. The easy one is "Poor Ozil he's getting racially abused, he's such a great player." When TBH if you really watched him the past few years, especially in high stakes games he's lost it.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
What you know about a winger named Carlton that plays for ATL? I’ma need to def see these hopefully promise prospects for the future of USMNT :ohlawd:

Do you think that new GM position created will provide a new more healthy prospect look? :ohhh:

I low key think Juan Ossrio would be a good look for the new manager of USMNT too :mjpls:

I haven't seen much of him due to him being so young and not getting a lot of playing time with Atlanta's first team. What I've seen at the U-17 World Cup and what I've read he's got a lot of potential. Seems like a lot of the young Americans (Weah, Sargent, Carleton) have this confidence and aura about them that has been missing in the past. That confidence that they can succeed and confidence to get the ball and just go at a defender.

As for the GM position. I have high hopes for Earnie Stewart. His Dutch background and growing up in academies makes me think he understands what it takes. He's even said he has no issue with going after kids as early as 6-7 to get them the proper training. The MLS academies and USDA seem to be on the right path with getting younger players into a position to grow. I follow the Seattle Sounders academy teams since they are local. They appear to have a wealth of young talent in the academy. There are 4 kids: Marlon Vargas (17 years old), Ray Serrano (16 years), Azriel Gonzalez (17 years), Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (16) who are all playing for the Sounder U-17, Seattle Sounders 2 (USL team), and US National team. The Sounders U17 have recently won the 2018 Generation adidas Cup, Youdan Trophy (International Tournament in England), and the USDA National title. All 4 kids are from other parts of the country. 1 kid is from Las Vegas, 2 from California, and 1 from Eastern Washington. All relocated to join the academy and get better training then playing for their local clubs. Cases like this of finding young Mexican-American players who don't come from money give me hopes that we as a country are now starting to look for talent in new places. It appears that around the country similar situations are happening with inner city kids finally starting to get their opportunities to shine.

I don't know who should be the next USMNT coach. If it's Ossrio I'm ok with that. Who ever gets the job needs to look at the bigger picture and see that the youth is the future. We need to be putting all our resources and time into growing the kids.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
15324416128810.jpg

The 10 finalist for FIFA’s Best Men’s Player Award.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin de Bruyne, Antoine Griezmann, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane, Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi, Luka Modric, Mohamed Salah, Raphael Varane.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Malcom to Barca is a good move for him. Tite made a terrible mistake not selecting him for the World Cup. He basically is Douglas Costa 2.0 on the right wing. Barca’s style fits him and he will get more exposure. Would want Tite to select him for Copa America 2019.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Malcom to Barca is a good move for him. Tite made a terrible mistake not selecting him for the World Cup. He basically is Douglas Costa 2.0 on the right wing. Barca’s style fits him and he will get more exposure. Would want Tite to select him for Copa America 2019.

:russ: How is this tweet still up?

I am excited for Copa 2019, I really hope Brazil wins it. Happy they didnt fire Tite.

Its a shame Costa wasnt 100 percent healthy during the WC. Dude was incredible in the second half of the Belgium game.